MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Phillies really are gonna need a post-ASG surge to make it 6 straight division titles.

Not liking their odds- Nats look good for now.

The Nats are going to have to keep it up to be contenders. I would worry about Strasberg because a) Hes coming off Tommy John surgery and b) They are going to shut him down. What if they need him for a pennant race?

The Mets look like they are going to lose but I think they will bounce back.

Anybody doing a All Star Thread? Anybody care?

An MLB first?

Pirates tonight hit back-to-back home runs, both hitting the same foul pole.

Couple of Questions in the upcoming All Star Classic:

1) HOW and WHY do they allow "retired" managers participate?

2) HOW does Toronto's Encarnation(22 HRs and 55+ RBIs), Tigers CF Jackson(hitting OVER .320+, close to career numbers in HRs and RBIs and play defensively like THE Gold Glove winner in CF), John Cueto(9-4 and a ERA of 2.24?!!) and Brewers Greinke(9-2, ERA 3.08) get snubbed out?!

3) Don't they USUALLY offer All Star games to new stadiums within a year or 2 of opening? Good Ole Bud, states that in the last 10 years, there have been "an abundance of new ballparks" that has led to a backlog of viable venues for the "midsummer classic." For the Marlins, 2015 at the earliest. I think cities that have not hosted an All Star Game or not had one in at least 10 years SHOULD go 1st.

Salsa, I could complain about David Wright but I wont. He made it, thats all that counts but when 2nd or 3rd runner up is a guy who hasnt played for a year, I think you have a right to complain.

I dont know why KC gets the All Star Game. I mean it not really big as far as a stadium goes. Its not Yankee Stadium or the new stadiums that have been built. I do think LaRussa has the right to manage the All Star Game. I really dont have a problem with it. To answer your 2nd question, I would think that the guys you mentioned above would get in because dont guys usually get hurt and have other guys fill in for them? I just assumed that would happen.

This might sound stupid, but I would limit how guys get on the rosters from one team. I mean when you have 6 or 7 guys from one team, thats absurd. If they get voted in fine but I dont think you should penalize other teams.

Rangers be gettin' their a$$es kicked HARD by the White Sox.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.........Y-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of Questions in the upcoming All Star Classic:

1) HOW and WHY do they allow "retired" managers participate?

I don't think he should manage the team, I don't know who to get but he is retired.

2) HOW does Toronto's Encarnation(22 HRs and 55+ RBIs), Tigers CF Jackson(hitting OVER .320+, close to career numbers in HRs and RBIs and play defensively like THE Gold Glove winner in CF), John Cueto(9-4 and a ERA of 2.24?!!) and Brewers Greinke(9-2, ERA 3.08) get snubbed out?!

I can say the same about two pirate pitchers who didn't get in, every team can say something about one of their players not making it.

3) Don't they USUALLY offer All Star games to new stadiums within a year or 2 of opening? Good Ole Bud, states that in the last 10 years, there have been "an abundance of new ballparks" that has led to a backlog of viable venues for the "midsummer classic." For the Marlins, 2015 at the earliest. I think cities that have not hosted an All Star Game or not had one in at least 10 years SHOULD go 1st.

If every stadium doesn't get a chance to host the All-Star game then they might as well have it in Hawaii every year.

I know this is a blog but it is telling the truth.

We’ll start with Burnett since he’s 35 and has never been an All-Star even though he’s led the AL in strike outs, K’s per 9, and the NL in homers per 9 and hits per 9. And this year, he could be working on a career season…WITH THE PIRATES. It’s baseball’s managers that select the All-Star pitchers so there’s really no excuse for Burnett to get snubbed this year. First of all, he’s the only pitcher in the Majors that’s riding an 8-start winning streak and Matt Cain (SF) is the only other pitcher to win 8 straight starts this year. And with 9 wins, Burnett is only 3 away from RA Dickey (NYM) at the top of the list. Gio Gonzalez (WAS) is the only NL starter to give up fewer hits than Burnett’s 72, and something tells us it wasn’t taken into account that Burnett has only allowed more than 2 earned runs on three occasions, and if it hadn’t been for one god awful start, his ERA would be sitting at 2.05.

And for J-Man being left off of the team is just as bad…no, it’s worse. You could argue that Burnett has had his chances to make it to the Mid-Summer Classic and that managers just want to see the future faces of the game on the field. Well, J-Mac fits that bill too, as well as the impressive numbers part. He’s gone from rotation round out to staff ace in just one year at age 27. How was he not even a bullpen selection? What a joke.

It’s all about the big market cities with a lot of influence that got names like Clayton Kershaw (LAD), Cole Hamels (PHI) and Steven Strasberg (WAS) on the team, but because J-Mac is from the Burgh, he got no respect. His 2.4 WAR number should have gotten him in over Kershaw (2.1), Wade Miley (2.1) and Lance Lynn (1.7). J-Mac’s 2.44 ERA is the sixth best in the NL but somehow there still wasn’t room for him on the 13-man All-Star staff. His 0.98 WHIP ranks even higher in the NL at No. 4. It’s almost like managers were lazy this year and just selected names they know best because J-Mac’s turnaround from last year that has his career on the rise is one of the best stories in baseball after Dickey’s knuckleball phenomenon.

We’re pretty sure you could go to any fanboy blog for any other team and find similar arguments for snubs. The only difference is ours are legit. If MLB wants the All-Star Game to be just a popularity contest run by the fans, that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with Bud Selig wanting to fit in with the rest of his commissioner boys. But as long as the MLB All-Star Game means something when it comes to the postseason, Bud’s doing it all wrong when it comes to determining the teams.

McCtuchen & Hanrahan All-Stars…somehow Burnett and McDonald aren’t | The Sports Jags

KCK_Halo said:
cybok0,

You must be in heaven right now. The Buccos are a fun team to watch again! Best of luck the rest of the way!

yeah but in the back of our minds we keep thinking there will be a collapse.

Marlins acquire Carlos "El Caballo" Lee...wow..where did THAT come from...?!

Salsa, I am fearing the worst for Giancarlo. That MRI may come back showing a tear on his knee and he may be out awhile. I am rolling thru my rosaries right now hoping that isn't the case. I wanna see him in the HR Derby so-o-o-o bad on Monday. If the worst-case scenario occurs, that may be where Lee comes into play for the Marlins.

KCK_Halo said:
Salsa, I am fearing the worst for Giancarlo. That MRI may come back showing a tear on his knee and he may be out awhile. I am rolling thru my rosaries right now hoping that isn't the case. I wanna see him in the HR Derby so-o-o-o bad on Monday. If the worst-case scenario occurs, that may be where Lee comes into play for the Marlins.

I have no clue what you are talking about...Staton got hurt???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)