MLB 2013 Season

AL Wild Card update:

Rays 3, Orioles 1........top of 5th with O's threatening
Royals 1, Rangers 1........top of 3rd
Indians 2, Astros 1........top of 6th
Yankees 1, Giants 1........top 0f 6th

This poolgate is really biting AZ in the butt. Pretty much every sportscaster, commentator, media person, player, and team are siding with the Dodgers. AZ is looking more and more like a bunch of babies.

Currently watching the Pirates and Reds and even their announcer are saying it is much to to about nothing.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

This poolgate is really biting AZ in the butt. Pretty much every sportscaster, commentator, media person, player, and team are siding with the Dodgers. AZ is looking more and more like a bunch of babies.

Currently watching the Pirates and Reds and even their announcer are saying it is much to to about nothing.

Yep, they did say that.

Back in 1987, when Kevin McHale and Robert Parish both had severely injured ankles, right after Magic Johnson made the mini hook to put the Lakers up 3 games to 1, Larry Bird gathered the team and said that they might not win the series, but they weren't going to let the Lakers win it in their building, and then the Celtics went out and won that game before losing in Game 6 in LA. That's the way you're supposed to do it.

Surely you jest. Baseball is the sport in which pitchers throw at batters, baserunners try to spike fielders, and pitchers enhance their effectiveness by using foreign substances on the balls they throw.And during "meles", uninvolved teammates are obliged by tradition to fight other uninvolved team opponents

No, I don't jest! Pitchers that throw at batter's heads are disrespectful. Runners that try to spike fielders are disrespectful. Neither of these things happen very often. During baseball "fights" there are rarely any real punches thrown. It's almost always some pushing and shoving, that's all.

The Sox just clinch.

The first two teams to clinch are the two that were involved in that big trade last year. A trade that helped both teams.

In the words of Cosmo, "Thank you Magic!"

The Sox just clinch.

The first two teams to clinch are the two that were involved in that big trade last year. A trade that helped both teams.

In the words of Cosmo, "Thank you Magic!"

Where's the pool?

Watching the Sox celebrate, it's hard to tell who is who. They all have shaved heads and long beards.

This team is truly special. I know it's cliché, but they've overcome so much adversity on and off the field the last two years. From chicken and beer gate to the Bobby Valentine debacle and now they are the champions of the best division in baseball!! I love THIS team!! :)

Last edited:
Listening to Vinny try and make tonight"s game against the Padres sound like a meaningful game after doing these "post clinch" games so many times since 1950 is a true gem. God I love the man!!!!

There's still the matter of the #1 seed. The Sox magic number is currently 6.

BOS.......94-61.....-
OAK.......90-63.....3
DET.......90-64.....3.5

BOS.......94-61.....-
OAK.......90-63.....3
DET.......90-64.....3.5

Assuming the Sox hold on to the #1 seed, they will play the winner of the wild card play-in game.......and right now there's six different possibilities. IMO, the Indians will be one of the teams playing in the wild card game, their remaining schedule is very favorable.

BOS.......94-61.....-
OAK.......90-63.....3
DET.......90-64.....3.5

I think the #1 seed is already decided ...
I don't see the Tigers being a threat at all, once they lock the playoffs down, I can see Leyland resting most players and seeing a team of Don Kelly and Andy Dirks and Santiago and Worth and any other that he sees fit to play ...
Then again, his sub typically play more than the starters do anyways. :rant::rolleyes:

Oakland may have a shot ...

Fwiw, I typically predict at the beginning of the year that it will take 92 wins to win the AL Central, Tigers are at 90 now with 8 to go and a Magic # currently at 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)