MLB 2013 Season

The truth of the matter is, most of the DBacks did not think it was a big deal, and most of the media and sports commentators did not think they did anything wrong. Even the former players on MLB Tonight and MLB Network stated they would have done the same thing and they did much worse when they played (they just did not have cameras following them). Heck, even the media, for the most part, does not think it was that big of a deal and they try to make everything an issue.

It was pretty much only one person that had an issue with it, Willy Bloomquist.

The ridiculous thing was the DBacks asking them not to celebrate on their field. If the DBacks clinched, would they have made the same request? I don't even think they would have made the same request if it was another visiting team. I have never heard of an organization requesting a visiting team to not celebrate on their field. And the Dodgers did not celebrate on their field. They waited until the fans left and they went swimming in a pool (something a pool is designed for).

They did not damage, destroy, spit, piss, or disrespect anything or anyone. They used a facility in a way it was designed to be used. The only issue was, who used it.

Even if you read the comments by posters in sports forums, the overwhelming majority simply think this is not a big deal.

Last edited:
They're lucky no one got hurt.

Yup! And Puig was doing some wild ass belly-flopping dance moves in the clubhouse, too. Granted, he is young, this is his 1st clinch, etc., etc., etc. But imagine the Dodgers announcing today that Puig is injured due to post-game celebrating? How would that play out, huh?

Again...not a knock on the boy...just an observation of what immediately came to my mind when I saw the video.

I would say that was some nasty pool water after all of that. ;) The Dbacks would have raided the Dodger Dog stand if they had clinched in LA. So they don't have anyting to complain about. Just win and nothing happens.

KCK,

Now that you had time to ruminate what happened do you still feel the same about the Dodgers using the pool? I completely understand if you feeling a certain way when you first saw it and changing your mind later. From time to time we all react one way when we first see something and change our mind later.

I would say that was some nasty pool water after all of that. ;) The Dbacks would have raided the Dodger Dog stand if they had clinched in LA. So they don't have anyting to complain about. Just win and nothing happens.
As long as they pay for the dogs they take. ;)

KCK,

Now that you had time to ruminate what happened do you still feel the same about the Dodgers using the pool? I completely understand if you feeling a certain way when you first saw it and changing your mind later. From time to time we all react one way when we first see something and change our mind later.

I feel it is beneath a class organization like the Dodgers to do that in the loser's ballpark. The team and fans have been through ALOT and as they enter their 1st postseason under fine new ownership they have a chance to reclaim the class and dignity that goes along with the name "Dodgers". They did not start out on a very classy foot IMHO.

Yup! And Puig was doing some wild ass belly-flopping dance moves in the clubhouse, too. Granted, he is young, this is his 1st clinch, etc., etc., etc. But imagine the Dodgers announcing today that Puig is injured due to post-game celebrating? How would that play out, huh?

Again...not a knock on the boy...just an observation of what immediately came to my mind when I saw the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it is beneath a class organization like the Dodgers to do that in the loser's ballpark. The team and fans have been through ALOT and as they enter their 1st postseason under fine new ownership they have a chance to reclaim the class and dignity that goes along with the name "Dodgers". They did not start out on a very classy foot IMHO.
I disagree but I do I respect your opinion.

Only two other teams on the AL have put up as a consistent run of playoff contending years as the Rays, the Yanks and Sox. And yet the Rays still cannot draw flies in the middle of a playoff run.

Here is my last take on poolgate.

If they did it while the DBacks or their fans were still on the field, I would have an issue with it. Then it would be more of a mocking scenerio. Since they waited about an hour and since all of the players and fans were gone, simply jumping into the pool in celebration was not that big of a deal too me.

Also remember that most of the fans that show up to AZ for Dodgers games are usually Dodgers fans.

Here is my last take on poolgate.

If they did it while the DBacks or their fans were still on the field, I would have an issue with it. Then it would be more of a mocking scenerio. Since they waited about an hour and since all of the players and fans were gone, simply jumping into the pool in celebration was not that big of a deal too me.

Also remember that most of the fans that show up to AZ for Dodgers games are usually Dodgers fans.

I agree it's not really a big deal, but it certainly isn't respectful of the home team. It doesn't matter if most of the fans are Dodger fans. Baseball, more than any other sport, is about respecting your opponent. JMHO!

Oklahoma State basketball legend Bob Kurland dies at 88

L.C. Greenwood RIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)