Ortiz DH
Napoli 1B
Gomes LF
Nava RF
Middlebrooks 3B
Drew SS
Ross C
Pitching: RHP Jake Peavy (11-5, 4.03)

I think the whole beard grabbing thing is creepy. Then again, it's because of Pedroia. He's really good, but pretty creepy.

So, no Sox fan thinks it's just a bit weird?

Never really thought of it as "weird". I've always looked at it (along with "Boston Strong") as more of a galvanizing tool for a bunch of players that weren't previously teammates. IOW, good, clean (okay, maybe clean is a stretch) fun! :)

Never really thought of it as "weird". I've always looked at it (along with "Boston Strong") as more of a galvanizing tool for a bunch of players that weren't previously teammates. IOW, good, clean (okay, maybe clean is a stretch) fun! :)
?The only thing missing is "caveman" Johnny Damon. I remember when the Sox were playing the Dodgers,that Espn was showing all of the Sox with beards(not intentionally) then they showed Brian Wilson of the Dodgers & I thought,"someone's on the wrong team."

Excellent point. Also, it's kind of a case that when you're winning, it's all good....

Hanley out of today's lineup because of his nagging injury. Crawford back in. Ethier still out.

RF Puig
LF Crawford
3B Young
1B A-Gon
CF Kemp
2B Ellis
SS Punto
C Federowicz
P Fife

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Clinching scenarios for tonight............

Dodgers will clinch NL West with a win
Red Sox will clinch a playoff berth with a win AND an Indians loss

The only division that has an actually race is the NL Central. More than likely all three of the teams in the race will all be going to the playoffs in some capacity.

I've never been a fan of the WC, but the only real race going on is the WC race. So it had added an extra end of the year excitement with more teams involved than would have been without the WC.

Clinching scenarios for tonight............

Dodgers will clinch NL West with a win
Red Sox will clinch a playoff berth with a win AND an Indians loss

Dodgers more likely will clinch tomorrow. Doubt they'll win today. A spot starter that isn't very good and a lot of resting players.

The only division that has an actually race is the NL Central. More than likely all three of the teams in the race will all be going to the playoffs in some capacity.

I've never been a fan of the WC, but the only real race going on is the WC race. So it had added an extra end of the year excitement with more teams involved than would have been without the WC.

I don't like the 2nd WC, while I do like the 1st WC alot, it's added alot of fun into the playoffs, I think the 2nd is just to make others happy, mainly Bud.

Would like to see them go back to a 1 team WC.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia has four stolen bases in his last eight games. He had one in 580 games prior to that.

Reds player Billy Hamilton has 4 stolen bases in one game. Nobody has done that in their first career start since 1920. :eek::D

Oklahoma State basketball legend Bob Kurland dies at 88

L.C. Greenwood RIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)