MLB 2013 Season

Sox lose, but Rays also lose. Sox magic number to win AL East is now down to 3. Also, Indians losing 3-1 in the sixth at KC. If the Royals hang on, the Sox magic number to clinch a playoff berth will be 1.

Just heard on the radio broadcast: The Red Sox have been successful in their last 35 consecutive stolen base attempts.

I can remember when the Red Sox were on the other side of something like that. Mark Clear had a string of nearly 60 successful stolen bases against him over a stretch of about two years.

I see that baserunners had successful steal ratios with Clear pitching of of 33-1 in 1983, 23-0 in 1984, and 11-2 in 1985. I don't have the wherewithal to open up each game summary and pin down the endpoints of his string.

Last edited:
Anyway, like I said, this lineup is incapable of scoring more than 2 runs.

I'm going to predict the Dodgers will win tomorrow.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Now tonight's lineup is one that is capable of scoring more than 3 runs (depending on how much of a factor their injuries and lack of playing come factor.) The injuries will still prevent the Ramirez and Kemp from performing at 100%. The Dodgers are still missing Crawford and Ethier.

Puig RF
M Ellis 2B
Ramirez SS
Gonzalez 1B
Kemp CF
Uribe 3B
Van Slyke LF
A Ellis C
Greinke P

Kemp is back!!!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

You guys know I am a statistician, correct? I taught statistics for years before I got into administration. Even as an administrator the district still uses me to present and create trainings using data. When I critique or predict it is only based on odds, it is not emotive.

With that said, Kemp did perform very well, going 4 for 4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs, even though he still is not performing at 100%

For tonight's game I did predict a win 2 days ago with Kershaw on the mound. The Dodgers scratched him. Because they are starting a spot starter/long reliever, their chances of winning tonight may not be as good as last night. It also depends on which lineup they run out there.

Last edited:
Kershaw will be missing his start this time around because they want him to be strong and well rested for the playoffs. He has pitched too many innings and is starting to fatigue. He will be getting only one more short outing start about a week before the playoffs start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)