MLB 2013 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Starting pitcher? Don't they already have about 7 under contract (including Beckett and Billingsley)?
There is no guarantee that Beckett and Billingsley will be ready next year and if they will even be 100%. They stated they they would like a front line starter to fill in the #4 and/or #5 spot in the rotation.

Last edited:
ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that soon-to-be free agent Robinson Cano is seeking a contract worth approximately $305M over 10 years....

Good luck with that , when the majority of teams have learned to NOT do the 8-10 year contracts.

You'd think that the Yankees of all teams would Not want to do that after the A Rod contract.

They (Dodgers) will more likely sign a catcher, third baseman, and/or starting pitcher.

Who is out there besides McCann? He's getting $12 million this year, but his offensive production was way down the last two years, and most people don't look to 30 year old catchers to get better from year to year. There are teams that could benefit from paying the price for an All-Star quality catcher, like the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers, but this off season reminds me of 2011, when Boston and Washington each determined that it would benefit from adding a $20 million a year outfielder, but since there were none in free agency, they each gave $20 million x forever to Crawford and Werth. Giving $12 million a year for four years to McCann and Saltalamacchia won't make them into Carlton Fisk and Thurmon Munson.

Last edited:
image-2623278273.png

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Hats off to the evil Yankees for the way they handled Rivera's final appearance in Yankee stadium.
I know they wont get much appreciation for this but hats off to the officiating crew for allowing Jeter and Pettite to
walk to the mound and take out Rivera.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
From FOX:
The starting time of Saturday's home game against
the Los
Angeles Angels
has been moved up to 11:05 a.m. Central, which would be the
earliest start ever at Rangers Ballpark. The game had been scheduled for 7:05
p.m.

The forecast calls for moderate showers and thunderstorms in the area by
early Saturday afternoon, increasing in intensity throughout the day.

Texas is still in the hunt for a wild-card spot and this is the last weekend
of the regular season, so every game needs to be played.

The Rangers also would like to avoid the possibility of a doubleheader Sunday
to end the season.

Last edited:
MIAMI -- Miami Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday by owner Jeffrey Loria after 12 years with the franchise.
The move came as the Marlins neared the end of their third consecutive last-place season in the NL East.
Loria also fired Jim Fleming, who had been Beinfest's special assistant. The owner said he would soon make further announcements about a new structure in baseball operations.
The moves came even though Beinfest and Fleming are under contract through 2015.
Beinfest also worked under Loria in 2001 with the Montreal Expos. When Loria bought the Marlins before the 2002 season, he brought Beinfest along.
"Larry has worked with me for 13 years, making huge contributions to our efforts and serving as a partner to me in the process," Loria said in a statement announcing the firing. "I wish him nothing but the best and know he will make a great addition wherever he lands."
Beinfest was general manager of the Marlins in 2003 when they made an improbable run to the World Series title. There has been no return to the playoffs since, with Loria's tight payrolls making it difficult for the franchise to be competitive.
The Marlins moved into a new ballpark last year, but their fortunes on the field have only declined. Beinfest sent a text message to media outlets as the Marlins began batting practice before the start of a game against Detroit with a record of 59-100, worst in the NL.
"I was just fired by Jeffrey Loria," Beinfest wrote. "I want to thank the Marlins for the opportunity. I look back positively at tackling numerous challenges, opening a new ballpark and enjoying a World Series championship. I worked with some tremendous players and staff in Miami and appreciate their friendship and professional respect.
"I look forward to continuing my 24-year MLB career in the near future."

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts