From FOX:
The starting time of Saturday's home game against
the Los
Angeles Angels
has been moved up to 11:05 a.m. Central, which would be the
earliest start ever at Rangers Ballpark. The game had been scheduled for 7:05
p.m.

The forecast calls for moderate showers and thunderstorms in the area by
early Saturday afternoon, increasing in intensity throughout the day.

Texas is still in the hunt for a wild-card spot and this is the last weekend
of the regular season, so every game needs to be played.

The Rangers also would like to avoid the possibility of a doubleheader Sunday
to end the season.

Probably only the second MLB game to start in the morning (local time) this year. Red Sox play at 11:00am ET on Patriots Day (Marathon Monday).

The Rays lose tonight and the Indians are big in the 6th. If the Tribe holds on, they will be tied with Tampa with 2 games left. Meanwhile, the Rangers are tied 3-3 in the 6th against the Angels. If Texas wins, they will be 1 game behind both TB and CLE with 2 games remaining.

This is the first game as Dodgers where both A-Gon and Crawford homered in the same game.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Not only are the Dodgers scoring runs for Kershaw, which is unusual, he is absolutely dominating. So far this is the best game he has pitched in over a month.

This is the most runs the Dodgers have scored for Kershaw all year. They haven't scored this much in 10 combined starts. So far 10 runs through 5 innings.

Who would have thunk Bartolo Colon would end up being the AL ERA leader? I thought his career was over 5 years ago.

Kershaw will end the season pitching 6 dominating innings in his last start, a keep warm start.

IP 6
BB 0
K 8
H 4

He will lower his MLB leading ERA to 1.83 and lead the NL in strike outs.

He is the only MLB pitcher to finish the season with an ERA under 2.0 since Clemens in 2005 and Martinez in 2000.

Too bad he'll only have 16 wins and 9 losses, because he gets no run support.

I think this will still lock him in as the NL Cy Young winner.

...and Kershaw joins Koufax as the only Dodger to finish the season with a sub 2 ERA.

The Red Sox can finish no worse than the #2 seed, the Tigers can finish no better than the #2 seed, and the A's can still be the #1, #2 or #3.

If Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Texas finish in a three way tie, this is the scenario that will play out:

Monday- Tampa Bay at Cleveland
Tuesday- Monday's loser at Texas
Wednesday- the two winners will play to determine which team will advance to the ALDS

Clearly, Cleveland has a HUGE advantage in this scenario.

The Dodgers will be the #3 seed. Now it is just a matter if they will start in Atlanta or St. Louis. The Dodgers have done better against the Cards, winning 3 of 4 in St. Louis and losing 2 of 3 in LA (4-3 record). They have the worst record against the Braves (2-5) but that was because they played the Braves early when the Dodgers stunk, having most of the team on the DL, while the Braves were the hottest team in baseball.

I am just glad they are not playing the Reds in the first round (if they make it past the Pirates), meaning I am glad they are not the #1 seed.

If Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Texas finish in a three way tie, this is the scenario that will play out:

Wednesday- the two winners will play to determine which team will advance to the ALDS

BTW, the reason it's set up like this is because Cleveland has the best record in head to head of the three teams. That's why the Indians are rewarded with the Monday home game, and then has a second shot on Tuesday.

So, in this scenario, Mondays Winner is IN ?

Tigers will end up 3rd of the teams mentioned, they are currently playing very uninspired ball.

Very poor timing ....
Being 3rd is not that big of a deal. Going into the playoffs cold is something of concern. But, most of the top teams are playing uninspired right now. I think it has more to do with preparing for the playoffs than being cold. I wouldn't worry too much.

So, in this scenario, Mondays Winner is IN ?

Monday's winner will play the winner of Tuesday's game on Wednesday (under that scenario). The winner of Wednesday's game would then advance to the ALDS against the Red Sox starting Friday.