MLB 2013 Season

Man oh man...under-current flowing around the SoCal baseball world is that the Dodgers are holding out and hoping that the Angels fire Mike and they will swoop him up to manage the dodgers when Mattingly's contract is up. How wild is that one?????
I hope not. I don't want anything to do with a manger than micromanages. Plus, Mattingly is a good manager. The team isn't winning because they have had a lot of injuries and the few players that are not injured are having their worst offensive years.

If they do get rid of Mattingly, I would love to see Tim Wallach be their next manager.

I hope not. I don't want anything to do with a manger than micromanages. Plus, Mattingly is a good manager. The team isn't winning because they have had a lot of injuries and the few players that are not injured are having their worst offensive years.

If they do get rid of Mattingly, I would love to see Tim Wallach be their next manager.
I don't see Artie being that dumb, either. To lose Mike back to the Dodgers would be unthinkable to most Angels' fans. Treasonous.

Interesting it that the Red Sox owe Lackey almost exactly the same amount of money that the Dodgers owe Beckett (about $27 million owed to each)... and they are having similar years.
DAMN!!! Maybe the Sox could have talked the Dodgers into taking on Lackey's contract, and the Sox could have kept Nick Punto! ;)

He will if they win it all and also if they end up playing poorly and not making the playoffs.

I can easily see him retiring if they win it all.

Ok, he might do that if they win it all. I never even thought about that.

I think that Mattingly has an AL view of the game. The Dodgers hit for average and get enough runners on base, but they don't hit for power, maybe because NL parks are longer. The Dodgers used to be really good at scratching out runs with hustle, stolen bases and sacrifice flies, and their pitching would keep them in games. The pitching is still good, but they don't have enough power to implement the AL strategy.

I think the umps blew another one, this time in the Orioles/Rays games. Announcer Jim Palmer contends that the portion of the pole that is not painted yellow is technically not part of the foul pole, it is simply a wall, and therefore the hit should have stood as a double.

I think the umps blew another one, this time in the Orioles/Rays games. Announcer Jim Palmer contends that the portion of the pole that is not painted yellow is technically not part of the foul pole, it is simply a wall, and therefore the hit should have stood as a double.

I disagree ...with Palmer.

The wall continues from the green section right to the foul pole which in that section for some reason is painted Black ...
Bet it will be painted Yellow before long.

That would mean a section of the "Wall" juts out in a section that is the Foul Pole elsewhere.

Man! You know it's bad when your team is on Fox Game if the Week and you don't even care to watch!!!!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I can top that.

You know it is bad when you prefer to watch cycling over your favorite team. Saturday I was more more excited to watch stage 7 of the Tour of California over the Dodgers. And I normally do not watch cycling because...well...it gets boring real quick. I watch it to look at the scenery and country side more than the race itself.

The Weather Channel predicts a four hour storm free interval in Minneapolis this evening, whereas SKYE Weather has it raining every hour for the rest of the day.

And this is why they waited 3 hours to continue the game in Minnesota.......Twins with the lead run on base. No clock in baseball.

Oklahoma State basketball legend Bob Kurland dies at 88

L.C. Greenwood RIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)