MLB 2013 Season

I don't agree with that, but it's possible you may be right. However, there is no "breather" in an intradivision series in the AL East.....I don't think you can say that about any other division in baseball.

FWIW, I think the Rays are the best team in all of baseball.

They could very well be. I think the Cards are up there as well.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Pirates win again, improving on the best record in all of baseball. Who would have predicted the Pirates would have the best record in their division, let alone in MLB, in August, let alone any time of the season?

And they are doing it without any superstars, major power threats, or very dominate aces. They are doing it collectively as a team with the best team ERA and scoring just enough to win.

They are exciting to watch and what one would consider a true "team".

Ummm, Andrew McCuttchen has been a star for years now, if people don't know him, thats thier fault.

Ummm, Andrew McCuttchen has been a star for years now, if people don't know him, thats thier fault.

He's not a superstar, nor a major power threat. He is a very good and very high above average player, has power, and a star on the team. But he is not a superstar.

When you have a team (Rays) that has the best July record in 72 years and today is the last day of the month, that tells me they are the hottest team.

Btw, thats called beating the teams your suppose to ... notice the tough schedule they played in the first 3/4 of the month.

7 games against Houston
4 against Minnesota
3 against the White Sox
3 against Toronto

Granted 21-5 is a great record for a month.

So 17 of 26 they would have been favored to with 3 of 4, then the last portion of the month gets considerably harder playing 5 against Boston

they also played 2 against Arizona and 3 against the yankees.

Not exactly an intimidating schedule.

I'll take him over anyone you have on your team ...
Nice non sequitur.

Whether you would take him over Kemp or Kershaw, who are Superstars, has nothing at all to do with whether or not he is a superstar and more than a really good above average player.

Nice non sequitur.

Whether you would take him over Kemp or Kershaw, who are Superstars, has nothing at all to do with whether or not he is a superstar and more than a really good above average player.

Actually, I wasn't including pitchers.

Actually, I wasn't including pitchers.

My point was the Pirates are amazing and exciting. They are winning without any real major threats. They are playing as a team and wining line they should, with contributions from everyone.

Yet another start where Kershaw does not give up a run and the Dodgers don't score for him.

IP 8
BB 0
Hits 5
Ks 5
ER 0

Lowers his MLB leading ERA to 1.87

I will say that even though he won't have a lot of wins he will win the Cy Young. He won it two years ago winning the pitching triple crown and came in second last year while leading the league in ERA. This will be the third straight year where he leads in ERA.

And yankees take the 3-0 lead

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Matt Kemp ends up on the Disabled List ALOT. At least McCutchen is healthy.

Matt Kemp had the active consecutive games played record until he went on the DL last year for the first time ever after running into a wall and separating his shoulder. Every stint on the DL since has been related to that, including his hamstring pull, until this last time when he twisted his ankle. His DL time will be a thing of the past after this year because his shoulder is almost 100% now.

But a healthy Kemp is many times better than a healthy McCutchen.

Besides this comparison is not relevant. He being better than anyone on the Dodgers has no bearing as to whether or not McCutchen is a superstar.

I was just going to post that. The Sox had an amazing comeback. An exciting game to watch.

Nine out of ten men reached base. Six hits, three walks, and remarkably, Ortiz struck out for the only out. Nice bullpen.

That is not the greatest Red Sox ninth inning comeback of all time. I remember once reading that they were down 12-5 with one out in the 9th yet won 14-12 on a grand slam by Don Pavletich in 1961.

Matt Kemp had the active consecutive games played record until he went on the DL last year for the first time ever after running into a wall and separating his shoulder. Every stint on the DL since has been related to that, including his hamstring pull, until this last time when he twisted his ankle. His DL time will be a thing of the past after this year because his shoulder is almost 100% now.

But a healthy Kemp is many times better than a healthy McCutchen.

Besides this comparison is not relevant. He being better than anyone on the Dodgers has no bearing as to whether or not McCutchen is a superstar.

How many games was Kemps streak ?

McCutchen IS a SuperStar, weather you want to believe it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)