MLB 2013 Season

Load the bases with no outs and score only 1 run and that was on a walk. They couldn't even make productive outs.

Like I said. This lineup is not capable of scoring runs. They are simply way too weak offensively.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

You know what I find I interesting. You constantly make my post about me and criticize me personally. I never say anything negative about you. Even when I show what you post to be wrong or inaccurate I simply just post the facts about what is in the post only.

You just make it too easy I guess. I'll try and take a break and concentrate on rooting passionately for my team.

Are there facts that I have gotten wrong, or just opinions that you don't agree with?? Big difference.

Ryu is pitching an absolute gem. This is one of his best games pitched this year.

You just make it too easy I guess. I'll try and take a break and concentrate on rooting passionately for my team.

Are there facts that I have gotten wrong, or just opinions that you don't agree with?? Big difference.

Perhaps the discussion over HFA?

Through 7 innings Ryu has retired 19 in a row and given up only 2 hits and 1 walk. One of those hits was the 2 run HR by Goldsmidt.

Ryu now through 8 with still the only two runs in the first inning.

Last chance for the Dodgers in the 9th with the bottom of their lineup due up.

Lets have our only power hitter in our lineup attempt to sacrifice bunt. No surprise he failed to do so.

Kemp will pinch hit with runners at 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in the 9th with the Dodgers down 2-1. He hasn't played in 2 months. Don't think it will work.

Of course that wouldn't work. I could have told you that. Should have had Uribe swing instead of bunt.

These DBacks fans don't realize their team is more or less out of it.

Anyway, like I said, this lineup is incapable of scoring more than 2 runs.

I'm going to predict the Dodgers will win tomorrow.

I'll end it by simply saying I believe you simply misinterpreted my intensions or why I posted what I did. If I wasn't clear, then that is my fault.

I think everybody sees you post so much and it is almost always the world is coming to an end after the first pitch of the game.
So it is understanding that people get a little tired of seeing it all the time.

I think everybody sees you post so much and it is almost always the world is coming to an end after the first pitch of the game.
So it is understanding that people get a little tired of seeing it all the time.
Perhaps. But I only post it when I assess the outcome is too much for the Dodgers to overcome. I have been correct most of the time. Notice I would not have said being down by 2 runs is an automatic loss when they had their real lineup playing?

Like I said, it is just an assessment, it was not an emotional response. And I was correct.

I am going to predict the Dodgers will win tonight even with this weak lineup. I maybe wrong.

Baltimore was out of it when they knocked off the Red Sox at the end of 2011. Winning that last game was the high point of the season for the Orioles, and to that time, the high point in many of their careers.

I remember when the California Angels faded in 1967. There had been a five team race for most of the season, but the Angels were the first to fall out of the running. When it got down to three teams with two weeks left, California manager Bill Rigney said he was going to make the last seven games of the season into the Angel's own seven game World Series, which he did. The Angels took two out of three from the Twins but then lost two out of three to the Tigers, so after the Red Sox had won their final game, they still had to wait for the outcome of the Angels/Tigers game to see if they would win the pennant outright or have a playoff with Detroit. The Angels kept about ten guys warmed up in the bullpen and won their own game seven, which gave the American League pennant to Boston.

I just checked the 1967 game logs and see that Jim McGlothlin, who had started 29 games for the Angels that year and led the league with 6 shutouts, pitched in relief in the second game of both double headers that weekend, including 4.2 innings of long relief in the Sunday nightcap. Rigney pulled starter Ricky Clark in the second inning of that final game after he had faced just ten batters and given up just three runs on four hits and a walk.

I see that Denny McLain was the Detroit starter. He had not pitched in the two previous weeks because the mob broke his foot.

Here's Jim Lonborg being torn apart by the fans that day, even though his complete game victory did not actually clinch the pennant. The Boston fans pulled a "Nick Punto" on him, and Nick Punto hadn't even been born yet.

images

And on a sad note, I am learning for the first time that McGlothlin died of cancer at the young age of 32.

Last edited:
Baltimore was out of it when they knocked off the Red Sox at the end of 2011. Winning that last game was the high point of the season for the Orioles, and to that time, the high point in many of their careers.

It may very well be it's because I was sooooo pissed off at my own team, but I thought the Orioles were a little too excited when the Sox yacked up a playoff spot. Now PLEASE don't get me wrong, it's the Red Sox own fault that they coughed up a fur ball the size of Manhattan, BUT these two teams play each other six times in the next twelve days. And who needs those games more NOW?? Hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)