Victorino CF
Ortiz DH
Hamilton LF
Nava RF
Middlebrooks 1B
Bogaerts 3B
Ross C
McDonald 2B

Pitching: RHP Clay Buchholz (11-0, 1.51)

Where's the pool?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

[tweet]381489306109353984[/tweet]

BUtSgKhCIAE9GwF.jpg

Only two other teams on the AL have put up as a consistent run of playoff contending years as the Rays, the Yanks and Sox. And yet the Rays still cannot draw flies in the middle of a playoff run.

That stadium is awful, amongst other reasons (lots of NON-Tampa-St. Pete residents that have their own teams from up north to root for). ..unfortunately, Loria has forever f@#$ed it up for anyone getting any money for a stadium in the entire state for a very long time.

Sorry Tampa-St. Pete area... :-(

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SatelliteGuys

Dodgers going with their A lineup tonight, minus Hanley (their biggest bat) and Ethier.

@Dodgers: #Dodgers lineup at San Diego:
Puig RF
Crawford LF
Kemp CF
Gonzalez 1B
Uribe 3B
M Ellis 2B
AJ Ellis C
Punto SS
Kershaw P

Probably trying to give Kershaw his last win of the regular season.

Mattingly announced that Hanley will get 3 to 4 starts for the remaining 9 games. Enough to keep him from getting rusty and still allow him to rest and heal before the playoffs.

Tomorrow's Orioles-Rays game is as close as you can get to a must win for Baltimore without it actually being a "must" win.

Looks like tomorrow will be clinch day for the Braves and A's. After these 2 clinch it will leave only the 2 central divisions.

Kershaw just finished the season pitching 7 scoreless innings and striking out 10.

He will join Koufax as the only Dodgers to finish the season with a sub 2.0 ERA.

He will also finish the season leading the league with a 1.88 ERA, in strike outs with 224, WHIP, and WAR.

I guess Kershaw will have 1 more start. But they will limit him to about 5 IPs.

Tomorrow's Orioles-Rays game is as close as you can get to a must win for Baltimore without it actually being a "must" win.

Saying Baltimore has a chance to make the playoffs is like saying an NFL team has a chance if six teams playing on the last day have games ending in ties. With eight games left, Baltimore trails one wild card contender by 4, another by 3.5 another by 3 and another by .5 and is tied with the fifth other contender. You can overtake one team that you trail by four games by winning all eight of your games while they lose half of theirs, but even if they win all of eight, they won't get the wild card because all five of their competitors aren't going to go fare poorly enough to get overtaken.

Pitchers learned how to pitch to him and we will see how well he adjusts.
Yep. That is what injuries will do to a player, as well as the normal ups and downs of a season. He has had a nagging hip injury since he crashed into the wall in CO. Remember he generates his power with his lower body.

It was right after the catch in the video above where he starting going into a hitting slump

Another factor is the coaching staff screwing with his approach. Because he is batting leadoff, they got him to be more patient and draw more walks, which he has been doing. But his hitting thrives on being aggressive. He is still batting over .600 on first pitch in play balls.

Not making excusing. It is what it is. There will be ups and downs, injuries, adjustments, ect. It is all part of the game. But, there is no denying that his impact on the team overall has been very positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm ... imagine that ...

So much for the comparisons to him being the greatest player out there. :rolleyes:
So much for making stuff up, as usual. Nobody made such comparisons. I don't know a single person who would be stupid enough to compare someone who has played 1/2 a season to the greatest out there.

Dodgers giving 3 starters a rest today, M Ellis, AJ Ellis, and Uribe. Ethier hopes to be able to play by next week. His ankle still needs a couple more days to heal.

Puig RF
Crawford LF
Ramirez SS
Gonzalez 1B
Kemp CF
Young 3B
Schumaker 2B
Federowicz C
Greinke P

Red Sox ended their home season today with a win. Their magic number to clinch the #1 seed is now 5. The Sox have five games left.......two in Colorado and three in Baltimore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts