MLB 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directv has MLB EI second half of the season for $119.
To me that seams expensive, particularly because I would be getting it to watch teams OTHER than my own that has officially been removed from any type of playoff ....
What do you guys think, is that reasonable or is that alot ?
Options ?

That seems like a lot to me.

I was hoping they would offer a better deal seeing I've been with them a long time ... guess not this time.

MLB At Bat had a great deal in June and their deal, especially if your a veteran, is very good. I paid less than $80 for the entire year and that includes the mobile app and watching games via Apple TV, ROKU, or other streaming devices.

Reactions: Jimbo
Looks as if the Braves have tossed in the towel and have decided to move forward with young ones as the season winds down. Ozzie Albies was called up and will be the starting 2nd baseman. Freeman is back at first, Carmago now seems to the the man at SS, and Lucas Simms pitched pretty well against the Dodgers last night. So, with Tehran (who has been very inconsistent), Folty, Newcombe, and now Simms, that gives them 4 starters 26 or younger. I would guess the Braves will try to move Phillips, Markakis, and maybe even Kemp before the end of August. There will be growing pains and you never know how prospects will pan out, but this team and the young pitching remind me of the late 80's and early 90's.

The face of the Detroit Tigers for 11 years now has been TRADED ....

Justin Verlander, you will be missed.

Thanks for the Memories.

Tigers or I mean Arizona's JD. Martinez hits 4 HRs in game against Dodgers today.

Yup, Tigers were good to get rid of him ... :(

Cleveland Indians have now Won 21 straight ...

Congratulations ...

AL and Major league record.

The Giants once won 26 in a row, but there was a TIE in that run.

If the Red Sox lose and the Yankees win tonight, that loud noise you will hear are footsteps!

Braves, are in some serious trouble it would appear according to Jeff Passan. It looks quite possible that the Braves will lose a coupe of players and draft picks or international signings if this turns out to be true. I think the Red Sox, in a somewhat similar situation lost around 5 players and were disqualified for 1 or 2 years on international signings. Ken Rosenthal. had a piece yesterday that suggested up to 15 teams might be in trouble or investigated.

Here is the information on the Braves from a Braves site.

John Coppolella resigns: What we know so far

Postseason starts tonight. My predictions:

AL Wildcard- Yankees over Twins
ALDS- Indians over Yankees in 4....Astros over Red Sox in 4
ALCS- Indians over Astros in 7

NL Wildcard- Diamondbacks over Rockies
NLDS- D-Backs over Dodgers in 4.......Cubs over Nationals in 5
NLCS- D-Backs over Cubs in 6

World Series- Indians over D-Backs in 6

Postseason starts tonight. My predictions:

AL Wildcard- Yankees over Twins
ALDS- Indians over Yankees in 4....Astros over Red Sox in 4
ALCS- Indians over Astros in 7

NL Wildcard- Diamondbacks over Rockies
NLDS- D-Backs over Dodgers in 4.......Cubs over Nationals in 5
NLCS- D-Backs over Cubs in 6

World Series- Indians over D-Backs in 6
Yeah, the Playoffs are finally here ..
We get to see the Former Tigers !!!!
Astros, Diamondbacks, Cubs, Red Sox ... have I missed any ? :D

Reactions: BillD1984
Looking forward to playoffs. I watched some of at least 130 games following Dbacks and man was the season long. Making the wildcard game especially with Greinke not pitching great down the stretch has me nervous. The other ace Robbie Ray I feel better about but owns the Dodgers so saving him for game 1 if they survive the wildcard game.

Yeah, the Playoffs are finally here ..
We get to see the Former Tigers !!!!
Astros, Diamondbacks, Cubs, Red Sox ... have I missed any ? :D

The Red Sox have 50% of your starting rotation from a few years ago: David Price, Rick Porcello and Doug Fister. Now we need Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer and Anibal Sanchez. :)

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts