MLB 2020 Baseball season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m finding it hard to get into this patchwork of a baseball season. With all the cancellations, covid rules and election year politics, and without the fans in the stands, there just isn’t any excitement to an already slow game. To me it’s like watching golf. I’ve only lasted an inning or so every game I’ve attempted to watch. I appreciate the attempt to start up the season amidst all this crap, but IMO they should just give up this salvage attempt and retool for next season when hopefully things will be close to normal.

Reactions: TRG
The Phillies finally got to play again yesterday (Monday) after the postponements because of the Marlins Covid-19 outbreak. They lost to the Yankees (6-3) after the game was delayed part way through because of rain. Double header coming up Wednesday afternoon (4:05pm) and evening (7:05pm) with the Yankees. :)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I’m finding it hard to get into this patchwork of a baseball season. With all the cancellations, covid rules and election year politics, and without the fans in the stands, there just isn’t any excitement to an already slow game. To me it’s like watching golf. I’ve only lasted an inning or so every game I’ve attempted to watch. I appreciate the attempt to start up the season amidst all this crap, but IMO they should just give up this salvage attempt and retool for next season when hopefully things will be close to normal.
I've been a huge baseball fan all my life. That ended before the opening game even got started this year. I've given my opinion here before with my reasons why. No point in repeating them again. I can no longer handle watching baseball on TV but I've caught a couple of games on the radio. So yeah, a huge disappointment for me as well. One of the last escapes from a crazy world is gone.

They should just put some all star teams together and have a few exhibition games for tv and call it done for the year. But that will probably also bring in more political and social grandstanding.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I’m kind of curious how this would work. Wouldn’t all the teams that qualify for the postseason then have to quarantine in the bubble city for an extended period of time? I read and re-read the article and there was no mention of this. I get that teams are currently traveling all over the place, but this would be multiple teams converging on a bubble venue simultaneously. Maybe I’m wrong, but this plan sounds like it has “super spreader” written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I’m kind of curious how this would work. Wouldn’t all the teams that qualify for the postseason then have to quarantine in the bubble city for an extended period of time? I read and re-read the article and there was no mention of this. I get that teams are currently traveling all over the place, but this would be multiple teams converging on a bubble venue simultaneously. Maybe I’m wrong, but this plan sounds like it has “super spreader” written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Kinda late to be doing it now. Should've thought of that before the season like the NHL did.

Reactions: BillD1984
How about following the managers signs. He'll get fined in their kangaroo court.
Meh, grand slams are cool. Showboating was not done here, but that wouldn't be cool. Stolen bases in that situation, not cool as well. But, you want to take the bat out of the guy's hands? Where are all those purists?

If baseball's Unwritten Rules are so important, why doesn't MLB take the time to write them down?

• Love
Reactions: Jimbo
Hey Bill,
Brock Holt is avaiable now ...
Do the Red Sox re sign him ?
I know he wouldn't be the answer to thier dismal season, but would bring back some of thier Winning attitude back.
What do you think ?

Btw, 10 days till trade deadline ... will they pick up any pitching or did they throw the season away already and start selling more pieces ?

Hey Bill,
Brock Holt is avaiable now ...
Do the Red Sox re sign him ?
I know he wouldn't be the answer to thier dismal season, but would bring back some of thier Winning attitude back.
What do you think ?

Btw, 10 days till trade deadline ... will they pick up any pitching or did they throw the season away already and start selling more pieces ?

As much as I love the Brock Star, I have to take a hard pass. He’s “a missing piece for a contender” type of player. Obviously the Red Sox are no where near that designation. Perfect player for a contender in need of a Swiss Army Knife!

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Jimbo
As much as I love the Brock Star, I have to take a hard pass. He’s “a missing piece for a contender” type of player. Obviously the Red Sox are no where near that designation. Perfect player for a contender in need of a Swiss Army Knife!

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
I just read on one of the sites that then Red Sox more than likely will Not resign Holt as they want to move forward and see what the younger guys can do.

Reactions: BillD1984
The Astros need Pitching (due to MANY pitchers with injuries) ...
Wonder if they will pick up a Solid Starter to give them a chance this year ... Grenke has been awesome ... Verlander hasn't pitched since the very beginning of the season, he got a few games in .... the Bullpen is filled with rookies, I think they said 7 of thier 13 pitchers are rookies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)