MLB 2021 Season

MLB must be planning on an arduous season. My goodness, the Phillies and Braves already got a day off after just one game. Heavens! :rolleyes:

My comment was addressing the fact that the day off was scheduled in the middle of a series as opposed to between series. I don't know that I've ever seen that before but maybe I just missed it since I only follow one team.

My comment was addressing the fact that the day off was scheduled in the middle of a series as opposed to between series. I don't know that I've ever seen that before but maybe I just missed it since I only follow one team.
That happens every year in the opening series for both teams, IF they are not playing in a Dome.
This is scheduled in case the Opener is rained or snowed out.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
That happens every year in the opening series for both teams, IF they are not playing in a Dome.
This is scheduled in case the Opener is rained or snowed out.
Didn't make any difference in Detroit.
detroit tigers ok GIF by MLB

It's also snowed and been 20 degrees. MLB should host all the opening series in domes or warm weather if they can. Who wants to play in a blizzard.
I think Blizzards are great for ... Football games.

I agree that the schedule should be made up so that all teams open in a warm weather or dome locations.

I have been to games in April in Detroit, the 1st thing I did once we found our seats was go back and get the heavy blankets ...
This was at Tiger stadium back in the day (80's).

I know the weather isn't much better most years, this year will be the exception.
Then again, today they played in pretty good weather, high 50's .... and are losing 11-1 in the 5th inning, so the good weather doesn't seem to help the home team.

Getting really tired of the day everyone wears the same number and No NAMES on the uni's.
I know its all about Jackie Robinson and thats fine ... it just really hard to watch a game and know who's who if it's not your team ....
Or when it IS your Team and they play a bunch of non Starters ...

• Haha
The Red Sox win both games in NY against the Mets. Winning 2-1 last night, and tonight beating Jake deGrom 1-0. Sox are now 8-1 on the road (and only 8-8 at Fenway).

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)