MLB 2022 Season

Big Papi says I’ll see your clubhouse tirade, and I’ll raise you a dugout phone.

IMG_0131.JPG

I wonder if there’s anything in a player’s contract that could void their contract over such a thing. I know it’s not the same thing, but last night OB and Eck were talking about when Robin Yount got into a motorcycle accident and had to miss time because of it. They said there was such a clause in his contract.
Thats called the "Stupidity " Clause ..
Lots of players have clauses for doing dumb or dangerous things.

60 wins for the Yankees.
Astros right behind them at 54 and closing.

Yankees only won 7 of last 10 ... Astros won 9 of 10.
Btw, they played the Yankees and Mets in those 10 games. Yankees twice I think.
Edit:
Yankees 1 series with Astros was in the last 10, but not the other.

Embarrassing!! I get that the Red Sox are outmanned right now. When your current starting rotation has 4 rookies because 6 of your top 7 starters are on the IL, you should expect to get your brains beat in. However, what is inexcusable is going into this stretch of games without not trying to improve the bullpen, and also 1B and RF. And what happens the last two nights? Franchy Cordero (an outfielder by trade) drops a routine pop up at first base that allowed the eventual winning run to score, and tonight Christian Arroyo (an infielder by trade) misses a fly ball by 30 FEET in RF that allows 2 runs to score. That’s all on Chaim Bloom.

Embarrassing!! I get that the Red Sox are outmanned right now. When your current starting rotation has 4 rookies because 6 of your top 7 starters are on the IL, you should expect to get your brains beat in. However, what is inexcusable is going into this stretch of games without not trying to improve the bullpen, and also 1B and RF. And what happens the last two nights? Franchy Cordero (an outfielder by trade) drops a routine pop up at first base that allowed the eventual winning run to score, and tonight Christian Arroyo (an infielder by trade) misses a fly ball by 30 FEET in RF that allows 2 runs to score. That’s all on Chaim Bloom.
Thats got to be a sick feeling when your out there and don't see the ball ..... and its over your head .... he wasn't even in the same zip code.
He was either, preoccupied looking at something else when the pitch was thrown, or He lost it in the lights.

Thats got to be a sick feeling when your out there and don't see the ball ..... and its over your head .... he wasn't even in the same zip code.
He was either, preoccupied looking at something else when the pitch was thrown, or He lost it in the lights.

I think it was a combination of the twilight sky and he took his eye off it for a second. Either way, a ML player has to be in at least the same area code of the ball.

Reactions: Jimbo
Another night, another rookie starter and another night of multiple players playing out of position. Who makes the big error tonight??

R Refsnyder (R) RF
C Vázquez (R) 1B
J Martinez (R) DH
X Bogaerts (R) SS
A Verdugo (L) LF
T Story (R) 2B
B Dalbec (R) 3B
K Plawecki (R) C
J Duran (L) CF

Another night, another rookie starter and another night of multiple players playing out of position. Who makes the big error tonight??

R Refsnyder (R) RF
C Vázquez (R) 1B
J Martinez (R) DH
X Bogaerts (R) SS
A Verdugo (L) LF
T Story (R) 2B
B Dalbec (R) 3B
K Plawecki (R) C
J Duran (L) CF
Dalbec ...
Just a guess ...

I hate when teams play "Others" vs thier Starting players ..

Astros do it just as well ... They have 3 different CF'ers they rotate, then they have players that play Out of position...

Sometimes I look out there (red Sox as well) and see the sub playing different positions so much I have to wonder if That player isn't Really a Regular, they seem to play More than the person who is "Resting " does.

It annoys the hell out of me ...

Give me Sparky Anderson (and some others) who will put a team out there and PLAY them ...

Hell, when the season started, teams were Resting players after 2 or 3 games. :(

Reactions: BillD1984
Jeter scored the winning run for the Red Sox against the Yankees last last night. One sentence I never thought I’d ever type/say.

Reactions: Jimbo
Dalbec ...
Just a guess ...

I hate when teams play "Others" vs thier Starting players ..

Astros do it just as well ... They have 3 different CF'ers they rotate, then they have players that play Out of position...

Sometimes I look out there (red Sox as well) and see the sub playing different positions so much I have to wonder if That player isn't Really a Regular, they seem to play More than the person who is "Resting " does.

It annoys the hell out of me ...

Give me Sparky Anderson (and some others) who will put a team out there and PLAY them ...

Hell, when the season started, teams were Resting players after 2 or 3 games. :(

Sparky Anderson was one of my favorite managers ever. But my recollection of him is winning World Series two different ways. In Cincinnati he rode the same 8 players every night. In Detroit it was different. Yes, he had great everyday players (Trammell, Whitaker, Gibson, Parrish and Lemon), but he also had a bunch of role players that were complementary to the stars. Guys like Dave Bergman, Larry Herndon, Tom Brookens, Darrell Evans, Johnny Grubb, Ruppert Jones and a guy that used to absolutely kill the Red Sox- Barbaro Garbey). Both those Reds and Tigers teams were all time great teams, but they did it very differently. I do think the Tigers pitching was a little better than the Reds with Morris, Petry and Wilcox and with Hernandez and Lopez in the bullpen.

Reactions: AZ. and Jimbo
Sparky Anderson was one of my favorite managers ever. But my recollection of him is winning World Series two different ways. In Cincinnati he rode the same 8 players every night. In Detroit it was different. Yes, he had great everyday players (Trammell, Whitaker, Gibson, Parrish and Lemon), but he also had a bunch of role players that were complementary to the stars. Guys like Dave Bergman, Larry Herndon, Tom Brookens, Darrell Evans, Johnny Grubb, Ruppert Jones and a guy that used to absolutely kill the Red Sox- Barbaro Garbey). Both those Reds and Tigers teams were all time great teams, but they did it very differently. I do think the Tigers pitching was a little better than the Reds with Morris, Petry and Wilcox and with Hernandez and Lopez in the bullpen.
This day and age theres no playing your stars and riding them.

Take a look at what your Starting Line Up Should be ...
Then look at the "Super Subs" they have ... and see if the SS hasn't played "MORE" games than the Starters .

It drives me nuts ....

And Tampa I think has ruined baseball when it comes to Pitchers all by them self.

Give me my STUD Starting Pitcher, I'll take him EVERY DAY over that , Oh we have to pitch So and So in this inning and the next guy for the next inning ....

BS .... I have pitchers that can typically go 7-9 innings, if they are pitching well, LEAVE THEM IN.

Now I'm not talking outrageous pitches, like 140 pitches, but if your in a good pitch count, stay in.

Verlander, DeGroom, Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale ... those type of guys, should rarely ever be out of the game in the 6th inning.

Tampa lost potentially going to the World Series because of that .... pulling thier Stud pitcher in the 6th inning in the playoffs .... the pen blew up, they lost.

This day and age theres no playing your stars and riding them.

Take a look at what your Starting Line Up Should be ...
Then look at the "Super Subs" they have ... and see if the SS hasn't played "MORE" games than the Starters .

It drives me nuts ....

And Tampa I think has ruined baseball when it comes to Pitchers all by them self.

Give me my STUD Starting Pitcher, I'll take him EVERY DAY over that , Oh we have to pitch So and So in this inning and the next guy for the next inning ....

BS .... I have pitchers that can typically go 7-9 innings, if they are pitching well, LEAVE THEM IN.

Now I'm not talking outrageous pitches, like 140 pitches, but if your in a good pitch count, stay in.

Verlander, DeGroom, Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale ... those type of guys, should rarely ever be out of the game in the 6th inning.

Tampa lost potentially going to the World Series because of that .... pulling thier Stud pitcher in the 6th inning in the playoffs .... the pen blew up, they lost.

I agree and this is why I can’t stand Tampa Bay. I would root for the Yankees to win the World Series before I would root for them. Everything from that warehouse they call a ballpark to their obnoxious saber metrics geeks. And that all started with the guy that’s currently running the Red Sox- Chaim Bloom. He’s the smartest guy in the room- just ask him.

I agree and this is why I can’t stand Tampa Bay. I would root for the Yankees to win the World Series before I would root for them. Everything from that warehouse they call a ballpark to their obnoxious saber metrics geeks. And that all started with the guy that’s currently running the Red Sox- Chaim Bloom. He’s the smartest guy in the room- just ask him.
Sad isn't it ...

I can't go as far as you .... IF the yankees and TB meet, I'll root for Tampa.

Fwiw, Chaim hasn't done Anything yet ...
Now if he goes out and KEEPS Bogarts and Devers, THAT will be something.