MLB 2022 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In 1961 Roger Maris set a new American League record with 61 home runs. Tonight Aaron Judge has tied that record 61 years later. Think maybe a few Yankees fans will play a certain number tonight?

I’m confused, I thought Apple had national contractual rights to Friday night (as Peacock does to Sunday morning/afternoon). Not that I’m complaining because I’m a sub to Prime Video. Just curious.
They have rights to 2 games on Friday. Meaning they own the rights not the local RSN. And those games ended last Friday.

Reactions: BillD1984
Deja vu all over again…..

So contracts are broken that easily .... gotta remember this in the future.

Personally, I think they should all be on the RSN as well as Prime ...

The 1st contract says they should be on the RSN, as AP wasn't even in existence when that was wrote.

Reactions: AZ.
Can the Maris family finally go home now?
The hell that Maris was put through, they can stay however long they want. 1961 killed Roger Maris.

Judge could get the triple crown which would seem to get him the MVP easily. A great year for him.

With Dennis Eckersley retiring from the broadcasting booth, who does NESN turn to next season? Will it be by committee, with Kevin Youkilis, Kevin Millar, Tony Massarotti and Will Middlebrooks taking turns? Or will they stick to predominantly one or two of these guys? Or will they look for someone outside this group?

My opinion-

Youkilis- He seems to be the odds on favorite to take over from Eck to be the lead analyst. As much as I loved Youkilis as a player, I don’t care for him at all as an analyst. I feel like he talks way too much. He would do better on the radio side.

Millar- has become the forgotten one in the second half. Like Youk, he likes to talk, but for whatever reason I find him more tolerable.

Massarotti- here’s the surprise one for me. Coming into the season I hated that Mazz was named part of this broadcasting team. I’ve always hated his contradictory schtick on sports radio. And like Youk and Millar he tends to get too wordy. But I’ve actually grown to like what he adds to a game. Do I want him full time? No way! But I wouldn’t mind seeing him every now and then.

Middlebrooks- where have they been hiding this guy? IMO, he has been outstanding in the few games that he’s called. I really hope that NESN gives him a longer look.

Outsiders- Ron Darling is my pipe dream for this job, but I’m not too sure how much he’d want to leave his Mets gig.

Why does it seem like everybody thinks Judge is clean ?
just like the 90s
Because it's less about hitting and more about bad pitching. Look at Kyle Schwarber, he can't hit a ball to save his life (hitting .212) but leads the NL with 42 home runs. MLB is inundated with a whole lot of throwers and very, very few pitchers. That's why Justin Verlander is so dominant with an average fastball of just 94.7 mph while guys throwing 100 aren't, he knows where it's going and the fireballers, for the most part, do not. Verlander pitches in/out/up/down, hits the corners, and changes speeds while the throwers just keep throwing as hard as they can and hope the batter swings and misses. The problem is eventually a ball is going to end up in the middle of the strike zone and it's bye-bye baseball. If you want to watch something interesting watch Quick Pitch on the MLB Network. Ignore the women dressed like hookers and watch where the pitcher is throwing the ball that gets hit over the wall. Watch how often the pitch is going nowhere near where the catcher's glove is setting up the target. That's why the Mets set the all time Hit-By-Pitch record this season at 106 and that's just one team. So, as I said, it's more about bad pitching than good hitting but it is what it is, I just can't get excited about it.

Because it's less about hitting and more about bad pitching. Look at Kyle Schwarber, he can't hit a ball to save his life (hitting .212) but leads the NL with 42 home runs. MLB is inundated with a whole lot of throwers and very, very few pitchers. That's why Justin Verlander is so dominant with an average fastball of just 94.7 mph while guys throwing 100 aren't, he knows where it's going and the fireballers, for the most part, do not. Verlander pitches in/out/up/down, hits the corners, and changes speeds while the throwers just keep throwing as hard as they can and hope the batter swings and misses. The problem is eventually a ball is going to end up in the middle of the strike zone and it's bye-bye baseball. If you want to watch something interesting watch Quick Pitch on the MLB Network. Ignore the women dressed like hookers and watch where the pitcher is throwing the ball that gets hit over the wall. Watch how often the pitch is going nowhere near where the catcher's glove is setting up the target. That's why the Mets set the all time Hit-By-Pitch record this season at 106 and that's just one team. So, as I said, it's more about bad pitching than good hitting but it is what it is, I just can't get excited about it.
Sadly, its All about the HR's ....
The Game in its self has been lost ...
Except for the few Great Pitchers out there ...

I have watched Most of Verlander's games hes pitched since 2006 .... unfortunately, he skipped right past AAA Toledo ....

The Red Sox are now 3-15 against the Blue Jays with one game remaining tomorrow. That’s the good news. The bad news? They’ve been outscored 119-52.

The Red Sox are now 3-15 against the Blue Jays with one game remaining tomorrow. That’s the good news. The bad news? They’ve been outscored 119-52.
Ya ever have a team that just always has your teams number ?

The Astros ... that would be mainly the Tampa Rays and Toronto ... and could play either of them in the playoffs.

Oakland seams to be another for the Astros for some unknown reason.

However, they have a tendency to put it together for the last game If they lose the first few of a series.

I took a quick look at This years Astros schedule, they only have 2, 3 game losing streak and 1, 4 game (thats impressive for any team)

Last edited:
Ya ever have a team that just always has your teams number ?

The Astros ... that would be mainly the Tampa Rays and Toronto ... and could play either of them in the playoffs.

When the Red Sox went 108-54 and won the World Series in 2018, they went 15-4 against the Blue Jays. I get that there’s obviously been significant roster turnover on both teams, but that’s quite a turnaround in only 4 years.

I was at a Jays v Sox game back in '89 I think. Jays won handily, but the following game was a massive collapse by the Red Sox. How bad? You can still find article on how the Red Sox blew a 9 or 10 run lead (looks it up... 10 run). Back in the days when the Lions (more commonly known as the Tigers ;)), Jays, and Sox were swapping spots atop the AL East.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts