MLB 2022 Season

Unfortunately, If they Do wait .... they will be far enough behind that they will Sell instead of Buy .....

And that’s my fear. With the 3rd Wildcard it would be hard to fall out of contention by August 1. But as I said, they have a killer 6 week stretch coming up (with the All-Star Break sprinkled in), after their 9 game home stand which starts Tuesday night. The good news is they got a combined 1 hit pitching performance today to finish the West Coast swing with an 8-2 record. It was especially encouraging coming on the heels of the bullpen blowing yet another 9th inning lead Saturday night/Sunday morning. Even in the Red Sox good years, an 8-2 West Coast swing is unheard of. And even more good news- they are done with the West Coast in 2022.

Reactions: Jimbo
Has anybody been watching the Friday night baseball offerings from Apple ?
I'm not an Apple guy, but seeing its free to watch I thought I'd load Apple TV to my TV ... found out I can't on TV, my TV is 1 generation too old. Sony A8 OLED ....
So I thought, what the heck, I'll see about watching on the computer screen 22" vs 65" just doesn't get it.
Anyways, you have to make an account and an Apple Id in order to watch.

I'll have to see if I can find one of my Rokus to hook up to my main TV so I can watch any other of the Friday night games when my team is ONLY on Apple.

Seems like if your PAYING for another service already, you should Still be able to watch the game on your system.

I tried my MLB.TV app and it shows it, says you need to use Apple, says to click on the link, you'd think it would take you to a sign in page for Apple, but it did not. (thought I might be able to get in that way, but no dice.

Has anybody been watching the Friday night baseball offerings from Apple ?
I'm not an Apple guy, but seeing its free to watch I thought I'd load Apple TV to my TV ... found out I can't on TV, my TV is 1 generation too old. Sony A8 OLED ....
So I thought, what the heck, I'll see about watching on the computer screen 22" vs 65" just doesn't get it.
Anyways, you have to make an account and an Apple Id in order to watch.

I'll have to see if I can find one of my Rokus to hook up to my main TV so I can watch any other of the Friday night games when my team is ONLY on Apple.

Seems like if your PAYING for another service already, you should Still be able to watch the game on your system.

I tried my MLB.TV app and it shows it, says you need to use Apple, says to click on the link, you'd think it would take you to a sign in page for Apple, but it did not. (thought I might be able to get in that way, but no dice.
My opinion of Apple's MLB Baseball so far ?
Picture is OK (on computer) however in 30 minutes I've been watching I think it has froze up 1 time every 3-4 minutes.
It comes right back in, but its annoying ...

Its Not the internet speed, I'm running 200 mb directly connected.

No choice on which feed you want to watch ....
This may be Apples own announcers, don't know, but I'm guessing it is.

I was able to cast it to my TV .... happy for the most part ... except for the signal freezing.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.
Talk about being in great company!! But this stat only solidifies my point even more that Chaim Bloom needs to act right now on shoring up the bullpen. When Chris Sale comes back the Sox rotation will be Sale-Eovaldi-Pivetta-Wacha and either Hill or Paxton (when he comes back). This will allow them to move Whitlock back to the pen- which is huge!! And Tanner Houck has been very good in the closer’s role, but they still need to add middle innings pieces so they can DFA the arsonists that are currently out there. I just think with that rotation and one of the strongest middle of the lineups in baseball, it would all be wasted if they don’t add another arm or two to the bullpen.
IMG_9827.JPG

Did you see that stat Bill ?
I would have never guessed it.

Yes!! Incredible stretch after a terrible start. As always, I don’t think they’re as bad as their start or as good as this stretch. Bookmark this date though. The Red Sox are now 39-31, and after a day off tomorrow they face a 6 week gauntlet like they’ve never seen before.

From Friday night through Aug. 3rd:

@ CLE (3)
@ TOR (3)
@ CHC (3)
TB (3)
NYY (4)
@ TB (4)
@ NYY (3)
ASB
TOR (3)
CLE (4)
MIL (3)
@ HOU (3)

That is one hell of a stretch, and the 2022 Red Sox story will be written over the next 6 weeks.

Yes!! Incredible stretch after a terrible start. As always, I don’t think they’re as bad as their start or as good as this stretch. Bookmark this date though. The Red Sox are now 39-31, and after a day off tomorrow they face a 6 week gauntlet like they’ve never seen before.

From Friday night through Aug. 3rd:

@ CLE (3)
@ TOR (3)
@ CHC (3)
TB (3)
NYY (4)
@ TB (4)
@ NYY (3)
ASB
TOR (3)
CLE (4)
MIL (3)
@ HOU (3)

That is one hell of a stretch, and the 2022 Red Sox story will be written over the next 6 weeks.
About 3-4 weeks ago we were discussing that the next 20 games would decide if they are IN it or Out ...
I think they have accounted for themselves pretty well over That stretch ...

Let see how they do over this next stretch. (thats 11 Series you noted. Thats 36 games)

Reactions: BillD1984
Yankees are not giving up any ground.

The division race is over! It looks like 5 teams (BOS, TB, TOR, MIN, CLE) will be fighting for 4 spots. Something to keep in mind, with the new playoff format there will be NO Game #163 in case of a tie. That makes these head to head games even more imperative, because that would be the first tiebreaker.

About 3-4 weeks ago we were discussing that the next 20 games would decide if they are IN it or Out ...
I think they have accounted for themselves pretty well over That stretch ...

Let see how they do over this next stretch. (thats 11 Series you noted. Thats 36 games)

I’m hoping for 19-17 or 20-16. If they do that they will be sitting pretty for a playoff spot.

Where in the MLB baseball rules book does it say that if the yankees trail late in the game that the other team has to walk them till they can have the winning runs on base ?

Yankees have 2 hits into the ninth and now have it tied.

Ironically, all the runs tonight have been on 3 run HR's, for both teams.
Currently a 6-6 tie ...

They showed earlier that the Astros had the Best Bull Pen in baseball (ERA wise) ... and they do ... however, they don't have a SHUT DOWN closer .... and they need one, quickly.

Looks like JV's gonna have to pitch a complete game tomorrow as the bull pen is being used up in game 1 of 4.

Astros lose game 1 .... 7-6 .... UGH
After a Great pitching performance after the 1st inning by Framber Valdez ....
He was taken out after 6 inning because of a 16 pitch battle with Anthony Rizzo ...
Rizzo was struck out on pitch 11, but the Ump missed it because the others prior to it were mostly on the outside of the plate ... Astros would have been out of the inning, up 6-3 still.

Last edited:
Where in the MLB baseball rules book does it say that if the yankees trail late in the game that the other team has to walk them till they can have the winning runs on base ?

Yankees have 2 hits into the ninth and now have it tied.

Ironically, all the runs tonight have been on 3 run HR's, for both teams.
Currently a 6-6 tie ...

They showed earlier that the Astros had the Best Bull Pen in baseball (ERA wise) ... and they do ... however, they don't have a SHUT DOWN closer .... and they need one, quickly.

Looks like JV's gonna have to pitch a complete game tomorrow as the bull pen is being used up in game 1 of 4.

Astros lose game 1 .... 7-6 .... UGH
After a Great pitching performance after the 1st inning by Framber Valdez ....
He was taken out after 6 inning because of a 16 pitch battle with Anthony Rizzo ...
Rizzo was struck out on pitch 11, but the Ump missed it because the others prior to it were mostly on the outside of the plate ... Astros would have been out of the inning, up 6-3 still.

The Yankees are having a historically great year, and will roll into the playoffs. But one thing that recent history has taught us (especially baseball), is that these historically great years don’t always equate to a championship. In fact, it’s been the exact opposite the last 25 years. Over that span, every one of the 4 major North American team sports has seen a team set a winning pct. record in their respective sport……….NONE of them went on to win a championship.

1995-96 Detroit Red Wings 62-13-7 (eliminated in the conference finals)

2001 Seattle Mariners 116-46 (eliminated in the ALCS)

2007-08 New England Patriots 16-0 (lost the Super Bowl)

2015-16 Golden St Warriors 73-9 (lost in the NBA Finals)

Reactions: AZ.
The Yankees are having a historically great year, and will roll into the playoffs. But one thing that recent history has taught us (especially baseball), is that these historically great years don’t always equate to a championship. In fact, it’s been the exact opposite the last 25 years. Over that span, every one of the 4 major North American team sports has seen a team set a winning pct. record in their respective sport……….NONE of them went on to win a championship.

The 98 Yankees are the exception, 114 regular season wins. 125 total wins after sweeping the Padres.

I remember that Red Wing team .... extremely talented.
Fortunately for them they broke thier habit and went on to have 2 Championships a few years later.

Reactions: BillD1984