MLB 2022 Season

Yes, but they could keep Hernandez in CF, move on from Bradley and have Refsnyder and Durran platooning.

Is JD moving on or staying there in the off season ... what does your gut say ?

I think JD is moving on. Again, he has been nothing but a consummate professional for the Red Sox in his 5 seasons here. Like I said before he should have been 2018 co AL MVP with Mookie Betts when the Sox went wire to wire for the championship, I just see the Sox moving on from him.

Well, Strom almost gave tonight's game away, its a good thing they built a big lead in the 10th.
Everything Strom threw was UP and was getting hit hard.

In "Other" news ...
J. Verlander had a rough start today, giving up a hit in the 1st inning ...
Then Nothing ... pitched 8 strong, gave up only 2 hits and 0 runs.

10th win on the year with a 2.03 era ...
Should Start the ASG ...

Well, Strom almost gave tonight's game away, its a good thing they built a big lead in the 10th.
Everything Strom threw was UP and was getting hit hard.

Strahm is what he is- a left handed piece in the bullpen. He is not- nor should not be-a closer. But because of different circumstances he was forced in to that role last night. It’s front office malpractice that Bloom hasn’t added another right handed pitcher to that bullpen. They barely got away with it last night.Toronto is a very heavy right handed hitting lineup, and that rendered all the Red Sox left-handers basically unusable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo
The Red Sox were 11.5 games back on May 31st, but went 20-6 this month—their 2nd best June in franchise history (1901, 20-5). They are now 13 games back.

• Wow
Reactions: mdonnelly
The Red Sox were 11.5 games back on May 31st, but went 20-6 this month—their 2nd best June in franchise history (1901, 20-5). They are now 13 games back.

Like I’ve said before, that just may be the craziest stat I’ve ever seen in sports. That just goes to show how historic the Yankees start has been.

Robles (Red Sox reliever) has got to GO ...
He's Blown 6 of 8 save opportunities this year ...

Today wasn't even a save situation.

IF he makes it another 2 weeks, he'll go down when Chris Sale comes back up ....
I heard he's looking good and should be back after another minor league outing.

I noticed today that Apple.TV now says, MLB games are Free (for a limited time).
Wondering when they are gonna pull the rug out from under those using apple Tv to watch thier game because they have no other option available (since Apple bought the rights) .

And to think I was slightly concerned about the Astros in the beginning of the season when they were under .500 thru the 1st 16 at 7-9 ....
Since then they are 41-18 :)

They still haven't played thier best.

Need better Bullpen and Catcher, hitting wise ... Maldanado is a Great defensive catcher, but I doubt he hits his weight.
The back up Castro is not much better.

I'm hearing whispers of them looking at Cubs Wilson Contreras, I hope they pull the trigger.
Sooner the better.

Ok, this is only the 2nd game I've been forced to watch on Apple TV ... (the Future) :( .

They are only in the 4th inning, but the streaming drop outs are annoying.
Probably 20 or so already ....

Robles (Red Sox reliever) has got to GO ...
He's Blown 6 of 8 save opportunities this year ...

Today wasn't even a save situation.

IF he makes it another 2 weeks, he'll go down when Chris Sale comes back up ....
I heard he's looking good and should be back after another minor league outing.

Over the next 3-4 weeks (some much sooner than that) the Red Sox will have 5 pitchers come off the IL- Sale, Eovaldi, Whitlock, Paxton and Taylor. But now today Rich Hill went down with a strained knee, so suddenly the starting rotation is looking thin at the moment. I’ve been a huge advocate of putting Whitlock back in the bullpen when he returns, but they may now have to put him back in the rotation. Taylor will be a huge boost to the bullpen, but he’s another lefty and the Red Sox have a gluttony of those.

This is what my perfect world Red Sox pitching staff would look like post All-Star Break:

Starters: Sale, Eovaldi, Pivetta, Wacha and Paxton

Bullpen: righties- Houck (closer), Whitlock, Schreiber (who has been a God send this year) and hopefully a trade deadline middle reliever that can, you know, throw strikes
Lefties: Taylor, Strahm, Davis and Hill as the long man

Get Robles, Braiser, Sawamura, Diekman and Danish all out of my face. Cora keeps running those guys out there and it’s always the same result. That’s the definition of insanity- when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

That pitching staff above would be a very formidable one. Just get those 5 guys back in there and acquire a Major League quality right handed middle reliever. Easier said than done, I know. But when you lay it all out there you can see that it’s possible.

Ok, this is only the 2nd game I've been forced to watch on Apple TV ... (the Future) :( .

Just my opinion, but I think Apple TV sucks and is borderline unwatchable. OTOH, I think Peacock does a very good job with the late morning/early afternoon Sunday game.

Just my opinion, but I think Apple TV sucks and is borderline unwatchable. OTOH, I think Peacock does a very good job with the late morning/early afternoon Sunday game.
So far, I haven't needed to use Peacock to watch a game ....

Are the games on the Free portion of Peacock or the paid portion ?

Iirc, Peacock has free and paid, which makes it all the more confusing.

And to think I was slightly concerned about the Astros in the beginning of the season when they were under .500 thru the 1st 16 at 7-9 ....
Since then they are 41-18 :)

They still haven't played thier best.

Need better Bullpen and Catcher, hitting wise ... Maldanado is a Great defensive catcher, but I doubt he hits his weight.
The back up Castro is not much better.

I'm hearing whispers of them looking at Cubs Wilson Contreras, I hope they pull the trigger.
Sooner the better.
What will they get in return? Is this Contreras last year on contract?
It sure is amazing the fire sale the Cubs did from winning it all in 2016!...Back to lovable losers again!

What will they get in return? Is this Contreras last year on contract?
It sure is amazing the fire sale the Cubs did from winning it all in 2016!...Back to lovable losers again!
I'm sure it will be a minor league compensation ...
Contreras will be a FA at years end, so I wouldn't expect much in return ... he's also the Cubs Back up Catcher iirc.

Reactions: AZ.

What hardware are you using for AppleTV+ (the streaming service)? I watched the Astros - Angels game on my hardwired 4K AppleTV STB and it was solid (as was Javier).

• Angry
Reactions: AZ.
Who had a combined 2 hit shutout, on the 4th of July, by Austin Davis, Kutter Crawford and John Schreiber on their 2022 Red Sox Bingo card??