MLB All-Star Game

AND the downside of the voting being a popularity contest. IF Votto had 10 times better numbers, he would STILL be way behind in voting at 1st base.

I think they should eliminate the representative for each team and let the fans vote the top 3 or 4 vote getters and the manager and the players peers pick who should start based on THE CURRENT years stats. NOT on the past.:rant:

Sorry, still sore over all those years Barry Larkin SHOULD have been the starter while a declining Ozzie Smith was getting.:eek:
Totally agree with you there as well.

I can make a case for Furcal. Because of his time on the DL and Bereavement list, he has around 20 plate appearance to few to qualify among the stats leaders. If he played about 5 more games, he would be leading the league in average

Sorry, still sore over all those years Barry Larkin SHOULD have been the starter while a declining Ozzie Smith was getting.:eek:

I am right there with you buddy. I am still bitter over the years that he kept getting passed over for the starting position. The only reason he got it was because he did that stupid backflip when he came on the field.

I am right there with you buddy. I am still bitter over the years that he kept getting passed over for the starting position. The only reason he got it was because he did that stupid backflip when he came on the field.
He is in the HOF, so I think it was much more than the back flip.

I do see your main point though. Ozzy was selected at the end of his career and much out of his prime because of popularity only. Larkin was the new SS stud of the time and should have taken over Ozzy's role.

AND the downside of the voting being a popularity contest. IF Votto had 10 times better numbers, he would STILL be way behind in voting at 1st base.

I think they should eliminate the representative for each team and let the fans vote the top 3 or 4 vote getters and the manager and the players peers pick who should start based on THE CURRENT years stats. NOT on the past.:rant:

Amen....

He is in the HOF, so I think it was much more than the back flip.

I do see your main point though. Ozzy was selected at the end of his career and much out of his prime because of popularity only. Larkin was the new SS stud of the time and should have taken over Ozzy's role.

Look at Larkin's numbers compared to Ozzy's and tell me who the better player was. ;)

P.S. Votto's replacement today after he got thrown out, just hit a HR. LOL :D

Jimbo said:
10 Wins in the first half is not good enough for the ASG ?
10-5 with a 3.85 and over 100K's ????

Verlander is certainly better than Carmona or Cahill. But, unfortunately they have to be their teams lone mandatory representative.

I think it is time to get rid of that stupid rule.

not according to MLB

The pitchers and reserves for both squads -- totaling 25 for the NL and 24 for the AL -- were determined through a combination of Player Ballot choices and selections made by All-Star managers Joe Girardi and Manuel, in conjunction with MLB.

not according to MLB

The pitchers and reserves for both squads -- totaling 25 for the NL and 24 for the AL -- were determined through a combination of Player Ballot choices and selections made by All-Star managers Joe Girardi and Manuel, in conjunction with MLB.

Well, then I stand corrected !

I thought they upped it several years ago to 30 ... :eek:

All told there are 33 picked right now, fans voting on the 34th for each league, but some more will be added to take the place of injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts