MLB All-Star Game

What is the record for most players from the same team who were selected for the All-Star Game but were unable to play due to injury?

What is the record for most players from the same team who were selected for the All-Star Game but were unable to play due to injury?

Players from one team is 7-8.
Yankees had 6 this time around, but only 2 starters.
Back in the day the Big Red Machine had 7 of 8 going to the ASG, I think Geronimo was the only one left off.

However, your looking for injured players, so someone else will have to look that up.

The ASG is terrible, I don't care who made it or who didn't, the fans pick the starters and number 34, the manager picks the rest. What makes me mad about the stupid ASG is that it determines home field.

If a team from the NL with over 100 wins make it to the world series and a team from the AL has 89 wins make it then say the AL wins the ASG so now the 89 win team has home field, that is ridiculous.

The only good part of the ASG is the home run derby.

Players from one team is 7-8.
Yankees had 6 this time around, but only 2 starters.
Back in the day the Big Red Machine had 7 of 8 going to the ASG, I think Geronimo was the only one left off.

However, your looking for injured players, so someone else will have to look that up.

Yeah and the Commish stepped in and took away some slots because they had too many.:mad:

What makes me mad about the stupid ASG is that it determines home field.

true. So because Bud killed the ASG the one year with it 7-7 now all of a sudden the winning league gets home field advantage in the WS?

Lets go back to alternating each year....oh and have a day game in the WS too ;)
(Twins in 87 was the last day game in the WS)

true. So because Bud killed the ASG the one year with it 7-7 now all of a sudden the winning league gets home field advantage in the WS?

Lets go back to alternating each year....oh and have a day game in the WS too ;)

ahhhh Day games! I remember when at least HALF of the playoff games were during the day. We, my friends and I, would litterally run home to catch the games.

The ASG is terrible, I don't care who made it or who didn't, the fans pick the starters and number 34, the manager picks the rest. What makes me mad about the stupid ASG is that it determines home field.

If a team from the NL with over 100 wins make it to the world series and a team from the AL has 89 wins make it then say the AL wins the ASG so now the 89 win team has home field, that is ridiculous.

The only good part of the ASG is the home run derby.

HR derby is garbage, I NEVER bother watching it.

The HR hitters usually decide they are toooooo good to go out there and you end up with left over HR hitters in most cases.

I got a BETTER idea, how about the team with the BEST record gets Home Field Advantage ?:

HR derby is garbage, I NEVER bother watching it.

The HR hitters usually decide they are toooooo good to go out there and you end up with left over HR hitters in most cases.
I actually prefer the HR hitting contest to the actual game itself; and I am a NL fan that prefers rallies and bases clearing doubles over HR's during the game.

I got a BETTER idea, how about the team with the BEST record gets Home Field Advantage ?:
That would work if baseball were more like the other sports in which many games were played outside their own league (conference in other sports). It is difficult in baseball to say that a team in one league with a better record is actually better than a team in another league because they play different teams during the year.

I prefer it just alternate as it currently does in the ASC itself.

That would work if baseball were more like the other sports in which many games were played outside their own league (conference in other sports). It is difficult in baseball to say that a team in one league with a better record is actually better than a team in another league because they play different teams during the year.

I prefer it just alternate as it currently does in the ASC itself.

Anything is better than the Winner of the ASG.

I think the HR Derby lost it's luster when the pint size parks came about and eddie Brinkman could hit HR's :D

I too would rather have a double or triple than a HR , much more fun and excitement.

AL Pitching staff:

SP CC Sabathia, NYY
SP Clay Buchholz, BOS
SP Fausto Carmona, CLE
SP David Price, TB
SP Cliff Lee, SEA
SP Trevor Cahill, OAK
SP Phil Hughes, NYY
SP John Lester, BOS

2 out of 3, former Indians. :(

I shudder to imagine our pitching staff, had we keep all the pieces in place.

Verlander is certainly better than Carmona or Cahill. But, unfortunately they have to be their teams lone mandatory representative.

I think it is time to get rid of that stupid rule.
I agree. If you set the prize for the winner as home field advantage in the WS then both teams should have the best players playing, irregardless of who they play for.

I think the HR Derby lost it's luster when the pint size parks came about and eddie Brinkman could hit HR's :D

I too would rather have a double or triple than a HR , much more fun and excitement.

You don't like offense at all, don't you?

You don't like goals in hockey or homers in baseball- I know you like defense, but you HAVE to put something on the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts