Status
Please reply by conversation.

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
thinking of getting MLB extra innings but saw this.

You must keep a permanent phone line connection to your receiver throughout the season.

Is this true never ever hada phone line to any Direct box?

Thanks

thinking of getting MLB extra innings but saw this.

You must keep a permanent phone line connection to your receiver throughout the season.

Is this true never ever hada phone line to any Direct box?

Thanks

That's an old rule that they've not enforced for years so you'll be ok without the phone line. There are numerous DirecTV subs that don't have a phone landline connected to their boxes and some have never had them connected.

If you ordered MLB EI, why would you need a phone line connected? About 17 years ago,the first time I had Directv, you could order NBA League Pass thru the receiver. I'm assuming that some people would order then disconnect the phone line before the purchase was downloaded to Directv. I have a shady brother and brother in law that ordered 100's of PPV movies then unplugged the phone line. They were never charged until they wanted Sunday Ticket and had to connect the phone line. BAM! In 3 minutes they owed Directv $3000+. Directv sent them a statement demanding payment in full in 7 days. Of course they just laughed it off. Directv shut their service off, they switched to Dish. A year later, they thought they were in the clear. Wrong! Directv sued them for almost $10000 with legal fees. They didn't pay, so Directv got a court order to garnish their paychecks and put liens on their houses and cars. Guess Directv was serious? Of course Directv is still in business and my brother is an even bigger deadbeat.

I guess your brother was trying to get away with free PPV. Of course if he gets caught doing the same thing against DISH, I think the punishment will still be 1000 times worse than what Directv threw at him.

You wont have a problem if you dont have one. I havent had a land line for years, an have had MLB EI, Sunday Ticket, ect.....no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)