MLB E.I. - Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djbarci

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Hello all...

Is there a reason why today's game between the Kansas City Royals vs the Tampa Bay Devil Rays is not being shown on my package?

Thanks,

Yep because the game is not being braudcasted on TV. Its kind of hard to provide a feed that isnt there :)

Looking at the braudcast Scheduels, neather team is braudcasting.

Wow...that sucks! I can't believe it's the middle of 2008 and there are MLB games still not being broadcasted on t.v.!

Funny thing...yesterday the Mets/Phils game was not on D* EI but was on my Dad's cable company MLB EI. First time I have ever seen one that the cable co had but not D*.

Funny thing...yesterday the Mets/Phils game was not on D* EI but was on my Dad's cable company MLB EI. First time I have ever seen one that the cable co had but not D*.

I know!! I was looking for that game on my package yesterday as well!

DirecTV and MLB make it seem that you get EVERY game that is played during the MLB season.

I guess next time I should read the small print. This is the first and last time I will ever purchase this package. I am still amazed that some smaller markets do not pick-up their teams games!!!

The thing that really ticks me off about this package is that I cannot get the Cubs games when they play on WCIU, a Chicago station. I live in Central Illinois and get both Comcast Sports Chicago, WGN, along with Fox Sports Midwest for Cardinal games. When I called DirecTV they said there was nothing they could do for me!!! Prior to purchasing this package they ENSURED me that I WOULD in fact get the games on WCIU via the MLB E.I. package!! What a crock and scam...they won't do anything for me and tell that MLB is at fault...that is not problem to figure out...I pay for the service and should get the stupid game!

Anyways...thanks for the answers to my original question.

DirecTV and MLB make it seem that you get EVERY game that is played during the MLB season.

I guess next time I should read the small print. This is the first and last time I will ever purchase this package. I am still amazed that some smaller markets do not pick-up their teams games!!!

The thing that really ticks me off about this package is that I cannot get the Cubs games when they play on WCIU, a Chicago station. I live in Central Illinois and get both Comcast Sports Chicago, WGN, along with Fox Sports Midwest for Cardinal games. When I called DirecTV they said there was nothing they could do for me!!! Prior to purchasing this package they ENSURED me that I WOULD in fact get the games on WCIU via the MLB E.I. package!! What a crock and scam...they won't do anything for me and tell that MLB is at fault...that is not problem to figure out...I pay for the service and should get the stupid game!

Yikes!!

I wasn't really complaining...just noting, and i am a Phils fan. Most if not every other time, D* has had games that the cable MLB EI has not. This is the first time I saw it go the other way. I don't have a problem with it when D* can't get a particular game, some that are done only on a local that D* does not have an agreement with. It is what it is.

I never remember reading it saying all games.

They have the majority of games, advertised as 80+ a week.

If they have a feed, they carry it. They have many extra feeds (ota, canada, san diego, etc), but to have agreements for everything would be tough. Each channel they have a possibility to use has to have it's own agreement for EI. Example being WCIU in Chicago, even if D* carries 26 local in Chicago, that doesn't give them the ability to use it for EI. They have to have a secondary agreement for that.

Yeah...you're right, they do advertise it as 80+ games a week. Like I said, I didn't read the very small print. I just assumed paying that much money I would be able to watch the dang Cubs games on WCIU via the MLB E.I. package since D* does not carry WCIU at all. I was told this would be out of market and I would get the game. Pretty crappy...now I am stuck with paying this money.

Like I said, this will be the last time I ever order this package...if they can't even get the Cubs game while on WCIU even when I am only 200 miles downstate from Wrigley Field then it isn't worth the money AT ALL. Especially when I called prior to ordering and they ensured that I would get the games on WCIU via MLB E.I.

Just my opinion...

I was looking like crazy for it as well then just figured for some reason it just wasn't broadcast by either team. Kind of strange.

Actually, this is NOT D*'s doing, it more than likely is due to contractual obligations to other networks.
Why not call WCIU and ask them why the did not allow D* to have the feed.
D* passes along the programming they are given.

Jimbo

Actually, this is NOT D*'s doing, it more than likely is due to contractual obligations to other networks.
Why not call WCIU and ask them why the did not allow D* to have the feed.
D* passes along the programming they are given.

Jimbo

Ya, that's true I guess, but I really do not think that is the problem regarding this matter. I am just telling my opinion of the E.I. package and how D* handles it so with such a non-concerned manner. I really don't think it's my problem to worry about when I pay D* my money, not WCIU. D* are the people who should figure it out and fix it for me since everyone else gets the games I do not...even the CS rep told me I should be getting these games on WCIU via E.I. when I called, however said he couldn't do anything about it...would not transfer me to anyone higher regarding it, just gave me a mailing address, said I couldn't e-mail anyone about rather than actually sending a typed letter (what century is this?).

By the way...other people receive the feed for the CUBS when they play on WCIU via the MLB E.I. package...however, I do not. They will not do anything for me and can't explain to me why this is.

I don't know...sorry to vent...this whole thing is frustrating to me.

Ya, that's true I guess, but I really do not think that is the problem regarding this matter. I am just telling my opinion of the E.I. package and how D* handles it so with such a non-concerned manner. I really don't think it's my problem to worry about when I pay D* my money, not WCIU. D* are the people who should figure it out and fix it for me since everyone else gets the games I do not...even the CS rep told me I should be getting these games on WCIU via E.I. when I called, however said he couldn't do anything about it...would not transfer me to anyone higher regarding it, just gave me a mailing address, said I couldn't e-mail anyone about rather than actually sending a typed letter (what century is this?).

By the way...other people receive the feed for the CUBS when they play on WCIU via the MLB E.I. package...however, I do not. They will not do anything for me and can't explain to me why this is.

I don't know...sorry to vent...this whole thing is frustrating to me.

I really don't think it's my problem to worry about when I pay D* my money, not WCIU. D* are the people who should figure it out and fix it for me since everyone else gets the games I do not..

You not catching on, IF WCIU does not want D* to have the broadcast, then D* does NOT get it.
D* is simply the mode of transmission to get to you.
EVERY network, station ect. has a contract with D* to allow them to show thier product, if WCIU says D* you get games 1-10 12-15 and 23-30, then thats what they get, it is not D*'s call, it is the contract that the network allowed D* to have.

Now, you said " Others get it but you don't"
Have you talked to others on line here that confirm that they are getting the game you are not ?
Alot of this has to do with your location as well.
For the longest time I was not allowed to get FSN Detroit while those in the direct Detroit market got the signal, ( I'm 50 miles away) the Detroit market covers a large area, including where I am.

I talked with FSN Detroit and they called D* with me on the phone to confirm what I was saying, they made a few calls and the next week, I was able to get them.

Chances are your not in an allowed zip code for the games you want.
Yes, they expected that I was close enough to just drive to the game and pay the $ 80 a ticket to see my game, the other trouble other than the amount of income it would cost is the fact that most of those games were already sold out.

Jimbo

Thank you for your response Jimbo...I will defintely be looking into contacting WCIU regarding this. Your explanation is 110% better than the way D* CS reps tried to explain it to me...never once did they tell me that this may be what was happening.

As for other people getting the games, yes they were getting games. Bars in my same city were getting the games via D* E.I., but not my residential home. That's what I tried explaining to the CS reps on the phone, but they kept reading, reading, and reading rules/regulations of MLB...blah blah blah. The least they could was look into it for me, but they said they could not and to "WRITE" into D*...yeah right...sure.

I appreciate your response and I will contact WCIU tomorrow and post back what happens on this matter because it sounds like what you stated might just be the problem. Sorry about earlier the earlier post, I did misunderstand what you were trying to tell me.

Thank you for your help!

Dan

Jimbo...sorry to bother you again, but do you know what department I should ask for when I contact WCIU?

Thanks in advance!

Jimbo...sorry to bother you again, but do you know what department I should ask for when I contact WCIU?

Thanks in advance!

Station manager always works good. At least can direct you to the right place. Email first isn't a bad idea either.

Sweet! Thank you! I will let you guys know how it pans out...

Thanks in advance!

I normally talk to the Chief Engeneer at the local stations, but I ended up talking to the Programming guy at Fox Sports Detroit.

Jimbo

Thank you for your response Jimbo...I will defintely be looking into contacting WCIU regarding this. Your explanation is 110% better than the way D* CS reps tried to explain it to me...never once did they tell me that this may be what was happening.

As for other people getting the games, yes they were getting games. Bars in my same city were getting the games via D* E.I., but not my residential home. That's what I tried explaining to the CS reps on the phone, but they kept reading, reading, and reading rules/regulations of MLB...blah blah blah. The least they could was look into it for me, but they said they could not and to "WRITE" into D*...yeah right...sure.

I appreciate your response and I will contact WCIU tomorrow and post back what happens on this matter because it sounds like what you stated might just be the problem. Sorry about earlier the earlier post, I did misunderstand what you were trying to tell me.

Thank you for your help!

Dan

NP Dan,
Keep us informed.

You more than likely were talking to the CSR that was reading off the script, don't let that give you the wrong impression, I have spoke with a few at D* (higher up than CSR's) that really did know what was going on, every once in a while you find someone infiormed, generally you can tell, when you tell them what is really going on and they agree or add to it, then you know you have someone informed. Generally the forums are more up to date than the CSR's, but theres a reason for that, they don't want the CSR's on the phone very long with each customer. When you get a few more levels up you sometimes get more informed info.

Jimbo

Hey djbarci, you don't need to apologize! Vent on! That is what we are here for! Just nice to see your not a raving lunatic! You had a legit concern. Good luck getting things worked out.

I'm also a Phillies fan, and it appears that MLBEI does not have agreements in place to carry the season opener on CBS-3 (every year), games shown on WPSG CW-57 (including every Sunday afternoon) or CN8 (occasionally, when 76ers/Flyers are also in season). Therefore, only Phillies' broadcasts originating from Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia are shown on MLBEI. It also seems that only some of the CSN Philadelphia broadcasts are shown in HD (mostly only the home games), so we actually get significantly less than half the Phillies broadcasts in HD. Not sure if CSN Philadelphia uses HD equipment for away games at all. Or maybe this will improve when D11 provides more bandwidth to complete the MLBEI dual feeds, and would certainly improve if they could get contracts with CBS-3, CW-57 and CN8 in place (maybe next year). I really prefer listening to the Phillies' broadcasts with Harry Kalas (as opposed to the other team's announcers), so I don't know that I'd buy this package next year without knowing that I'd get more Phils' HD broadcasts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts