MLB EI Channels Missing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
The MLB EI channels finally showed up on my "Channels I Get" list about 3 days ago. I do subscribe to MLB EI. I noticed that I am missing a few of the channels in the 720-749 range that MLB EI resides in. In particular, I am missing channels 734, 736-741, and 745-749. If I look at the "All Channels" guide, the missing channels do appear with games scheduled, but are greyed out meaning I cannot access them to setup timers to record those games if I wanted to. This is the way my channels appear since they showed up 3 days ago, not one missing channel has appeared in that time over those 3 days. Since the season starts in just 48 hours, should I call Customer Service, or do all off you who have MLB EI see the same thing on your channel guide, and it will be fixed by Direct automatically for everyone, or is it just me having this problem? Thanks for any help.

I show "UPCOMING: Orioles @ Rays" currently but they are in my guide and not greyed out either; maybe try browsing to the actual game start time (also there and not greyed out) or try a reset or calling DirecTV making sure your authorization is good.

yes I see that too. The HD channels are fine.

This is normal...usually about 1/2 hour before game time they will show in the "channels I get". Me, I just put them in the favorites.

You do know that they will also work on the actual RSN # even if you dont sub to the sports package? But they only show in the guide as subscribed as the game is on

Thanks Iceberg, glad to know it's just not me. It's a big problem for SD subscribers of MLB EI. I tried to set a timer on one of the games on Thursday afternoon as I will be at work and even tho I can select the game using the "All Channels" guide, when I try and use the REC button to record it to watch when I get home, the R16 receiver I have justs beebs at me, it refuses to set the timer. Since I can't wait to set the timer 30 minutes before the game starts, assuming it will even become available at that time in the "Channels I Get" guide, I can see alot of very unhappy subs come Thursday morning when they try and set a timer for one of the greyed out channels before leaving for work.

Since I can't wait to set the timer 30 minutes before the game starts, assuming it will even become available at that time in the "Channels I Get" guide, I can see alot of very unhappy subs come Thursday morning when they try and set a timer for one of the greyed out channels before leaving for work.
You should be able to set the timer. You get a warning that says "this may not record" but you can override it.

Or do a manual timer..they will go regardless of what the guide shows

just checked and all of mine on the R22 are in the guide as "subscribed" (when I check the channels I get). Both the SD & HD version show

Status
Please reply by conversation.