Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone gotten any deals on this package like last year?

Anyone gotten any deals on this package like last year?

Yes, I am looking at my bill, and I got EI for six payments of $33.99 which equals a total of $203.94.

I got a $5 a month credit for 12 months which knocks $60 off of that. So $203.94-$60=$143.94 (not bad, but there is more....)

I also got a $10 credit for 24 months. Which knocks $240 off of that.....so $143.94 - $240.00= $-96.06

Yes Ramy, I am basically getting MLB EI for free and getting a $96 dollar credit to boot.
Got to love CSR roulette.

Edit: to clarify, I did not call asking for this deal. I called to see if they could match or come close to the price of streaming MLB through the PS3. After going through what I wanted 3 times, and being disconnected twice, I finally got someone who went above and beyond my request.

Yes, I am looking at my bill, and I got EI for six payments of $33.99 which equals a total of $203.94.

I got a $5 a month credit for 12 months which knocks $60 off of that. So $203.94-$60=$143.94 (not bad, but there is more....)

I also got a $10 credit for 24 months. Which knocks $240 off of that.....so $143.94 - $240.00= $-96.06

Yes Ramy, I am basically getting MLB EI for free and getting a $96 dollar credit to boot.
Got to love CSR roulette.

Edit: to clarify, I did not call asking for this deal. I called to see if they could match or come close to the price of streaming MLB through the PS3. After going through what I wanted 3 times, and being disconnected twice, I finally got someone who went above and beyond my request.

Isn't the $ 10 off for 24 months, for the FREE HD ?

I pay the renewal rate of $34/mo and was offered $10/mo off for the 6 MLB payments, so essentially $24/mo x6 = $144.
Also they offered $3 off my package for 6 months to offset the price increase last month.
Guess that makes it $21/mo for 6 months = $126.

I was hoping for another deal like that sweet one some of us got last year, which basically netted MLB EI for free. Unfortunately, I don't think $150 is worth it. I watched MLB EI plenty of times last year, but not enough to warrant paying that much.

Called and got $10 off my sports package for 6 months and $5 off my Choice Xtra programming package for 6 months.

So I'm paying $34.99 x 6 months for the baseball package less $15.00 x 6 months of credits = $119.94 total for the MLB package. (Regular price of $209.94)

Said 'cancel MLB package' at first voice prompt and then asked the CSR if I was eligble for any discounts with regards to the MLB package. She said none for that package but she could give me the $10 off Sports Package and $5 off Base Package discounts.

Less than 5 minutes to save $90. Did this last Monday, March 28.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)