MLB EI on Saturdays?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjthadj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It seems like this is going to be a very good year for MLB on D*. I'll be thrilled if the dual feeds become a reality. I'm wondering if there is any progress on putting Saturday early games on EI? In addition to the FOX "national"(regional) games at 3:55 ET, there are usually a few games that start around 1 local time on Saturdays. These were not on EI last year, might we see those this year? Masterdeals, any insight?

It would be impossible for MLB-EI to have any Sunday night games. There is only 1 game scheduled for Sunday night every week, and that is the National game.

Same with Saturday afternoon, there are only the 2 to 4 regional FOX games played in that time slot IIRC.

The FOX blackout is to protect their 3 games that they air regionally, so you must watch the one game they show on FOX.

Unfortunately, the way their contract is worked, it enforces a blackout from start-of-day until 7pm ET on Saturdays.

So the 1pm games will be blacked out, unless showing on your local RSN or a superstation like WGN.

It would be impossible for MLB-EI to have any Sunday night games. There is only 1 game scheduled for Sunday night every week, and that is the National game.

Same with Saturday afternoon, there are only the 2 to 4 regional FOX games played in that time slot IIRC.

There are other Saturday afternoon games scheduled that are not part of FOX's regional broadcast. However, because they begin before 7:00PM (I think) they will not be available via EI or MLB.TV.

It seems like this is going to be a very good year for MLB on D*. I'll be thrilled if the dual feeds become a reality. I'm wondering if there is any progress on putting Saturday early games on EI? In addition to the FOX "national"(regional) games at 3:55 ET, there are usually a few games that start around 1 local time on Saturdays. These were not on EI last year, might we see those this year? Masterdeals, any insight?
From what I understand on days when there is Fox national or regional coverage, MLB EI* carries NO games. It is part of the contract Fox has with MLB...Kinda sucks, really. Wonder why. If a game is not being played during the scheduled time of regional or national games, where is the harm in showing fans of those teams games they theoretically have paid to watch?

From what I understand on days when there is Fox national or regional coverage, MLB EI* carries NO games. It is part of the contract Fox has with MLB...Kinda sucks, really. Wonder why. If a game is not being played during the scheduled time of regional or national games, where is the harm in showing fans of those teams games they theoretically have paid to watch?

No games that day....no. Just the ones in that time slot, the MLB EI schedule
shows it clearly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)