MLB EI - (Phillies feed)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
Ok so last year MLB EI offered the Phillies home feed for most games. This year so far, NONE.

As far as I can see on d*'s website, the schedule doesn't show any at all.

What is going on?

I don't know about most games. Seems they offered it when there wasn't one from the opposing team. Either way there were many more than ever before. Guess we will have to see what happens this year. Wish I knew, love listening to HK!!

I am a Phillies full season ticket holder but can't always make the games. I think if the game is broadcast only by Comcast it is not available on Directv.

We did get some games last year when the comcast feed was the only one that was on the MLB EI schedule. Not sure, but I think it was for some San Diego Games, and a couple of others. If I remember correctly, isn't San Diego also a Comcrap set up?

We got plenty of CSN Phillies games on D EI last year.They were mostly home games with a few on the road If your inside the Phillies market you will be blacked out & have to watch it on CSN on cable.We'll have to wait and see if they are included this season.If I remember correctly,they had a 5 year deal to show the games on EI.I also read that in a thread over on DBSTALK last season and that 5 yr deal was brought up recently.I myself personally don't care who does the game as long as it's on.

It should be noted that as of Saturday only 2 games so far have been on CSN. The others have been on their over the air channel (My Network 17).

Well we know they can uplink CSN to D* they proved that last year. So if they are screwing with us, I want to know the reason. Why do most other games offer both teams feeds, and the Phillies fans get screwed.

Reading the In Demand MLBEI schedule, they have Thursday, April 16th as "Dual Feed" listing CSN as one of the games on vs. Washington. They also list Friday, April 17th, 20th , 21st, 22nd, 27th and 28th as CSN Philly games. So if they don't show up on the MLB-EI on Directv, they you've got a problem.

SFGuy: thanks for the info. If D* would update their schedule and at least complete the current month, we would be able to see if we both have the same schedule. D* is slaking big time.

Last edited:
We did get some games last year when the comcast feed was the only one that was on the MLB EI schedule. Not sure, but I think it was for some San Diego Games, and a couple of others. If I remember correctly, isn't San Diego also a Comcrap set up?

no cox cable for padres

SFGuy: thanks for the info. If D* would update their schedule and at least complete the current month, we would be able to see if we both have the same schedule. D* is slaking big time.

I got this from their website (in demand) so it could change there, too. But for now CSN-Philly is being listed on their MLB-EI schedule.

I remember D* last year was pretty slow on putting an accurate MLB-EI schedule where Sunday games after 2PM ET weren't even listed. At first, I thought there was going to be a new blackout rule but it turned out they just didn't list the games on West Coast/Rockies/Diamondbacks.

I sure wish they step up. And do it soon! MLB fans should be treated just as well as the NFL fans. Didn't D* offer some kind of NFL ST remote? Where is the MLB EI remote? Maybe I'm just grouchy since it's baseball season and the weather is still crappy.

Since this thread is about the Phils, I would like to post how much Harry Kalas will be missed. The legendary voice of the Phils, doing TV on this particular RSN, passed away today in the broadcasting booth. RIP!

Although baseball is my first love and I have heard him call baseball more than anything else, the voice that is stuck in my head is from his narrations of NFL Films.

I can still hear, with his very deep voice, "On the frozen tundra of Green Bay...."

Harry will be missed. We held on for the win today for him. I watched it on the Nationals feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.