Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
MLB EI second half price looks to be $ 139 .....

To me, that sound HIGH, what do you guys think ?

How much was the whole season ? (everything is in HD now, I think).

I would HOPE that D* would make the second half under $ 100, if they were serious about it.

Also, IF you get the second half special, are you still automatically renewed for the next year ?

MLB EI second half price looks to be $ 139 .....

To me, that sound HIGH, what do you guys think ?

How much was the whole season ? (everything is in HD now, I think).

I would HOPE that D* would make the second half under $ 100, if they were serious about it.

Also, IF you get the second half special, are you still automatically renewed for the next year ?

Yes, everything shown is in HD....usually home and away feeds. I paid $34.99 for 6 months ($209.94) for the full season but I'm not sure if that was the renewal rate or not.

I would agree the freeview gave me the feeling but that's a bit high for me especially with Sunday ticket coming up

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Yes, everything shown is in HD....usually home and away feeds. I paid $34.99 for 6 months ($209.94) for the full season but I'm not sure if that was the renewal rate or not.

So it was $ 210 for the season and they want 70% of that for HALF the SEASON ?

Do they REALLY expect people to go for that ?

So it was $ 210 for the season and they want 70% of that for HALF the SEASON ?

Do they REALLY expect people to go for that ?

Probably not but they'll try...LOL

You could probably get a discount if you call in and ask for it. It's actually past the halfway point, some teams have played in the upper 90's of games so it's more like 40% of the season left. That would be approx $85 of the full season price....you could probably get a $10 credit for 5 months or a one time $50 credit if you explained this to a retention rep. This would knock that $139 down to $89.

Probably not but they'll try...LOL

You could probably get a discount if you call in and ask for it. It's actually past the halfway point, some teams have played in the upper 90's of games so it's more like 40% of the season left. That would be approx $85 of the full season price....you could probably get a $10 credit for 5 months or a one time $50 credit if you explained this to a retention rep. This would knock that $139 down to $89.

I might try that, but I just called in last week to get my employee credit, don't know how keen they will be on adding more.

I go the MLBTV route for $120. for the whole season, i have a app on my Panasonic tv and all games are in HD.
You also get to see games from the archive and you can skip to any inning top or bottom and also you can ff or rev.
You can also streem to your pc, i dont know any reason to get EI, it is limited to live or games you record and you cant record them all where as with MLBTV you can pick and choose your games from the archive.
If you dont have a tv with the app you can get a Roku box or Apple tv box just to pick two.

Good luck

I go the MLBTV route for $120. for the whole season, i have a app on my Panasonic tv and all games are in HD.
You also get to see games from the archive and you can skip to any inning top or bottom and also you can ff or rev.
You can also streem to your pc, i dont know any reason to get EI, it is limited to live or games you record and you cant record them all where as with MLBTV you can pick and choose your games from the archive.
If you dont have a tv with the app you can get a Roku box or Apple tv box just to pick two.

Good luck

I don't have any of the above mentioned apparatus.

I follow the Tigers every day .... and get them on my local RSN FS Detroit (HD).
I follow the Red Sox as much as I can .... 19 games against the yankees every year, they are always on.

I like to hear Mr. Vin Scully whenever possible, before he gives it up.
He's my 2nd favorite announcer (baseball) right behind my ALL TIME favorite Mr. Ernie Harwell.

R.I.P. Ernie !

So this is why I always debate on how much money I think I need to spend to see the rest of them.
Under $ 100 I would be interested, $ 75 would be more reasonable ...

They do the same for NHL Center Ice. It makes sense as the second half games (especially last quarter) are more important as teams vie for playoff spots. There certainly is more intensity, especially in hockey. I don't think you can get a discount as the rates are set by the service, not D*, but good luck trying!

They do the same for NHL Center Ice. It makes sense as the second half games (especially last quarter) are more important as teams vie for playoff spots. There certainly is more intensity, especially in hockey. I don't think you can get a discount as the rates are set by the service, not D*, but good luck trying!

The other issue with this one is the fact that when the second half actually started was WELL before the All Star break, they were into game 90 in some cases.
That means your paying $ 140 for 70 games .... currently there are only 61 more games ... the price is not going to decrease with the drop off of games ...

They are not going to charge half price or less then half price for the last half of the MLB season. They know many people don't even start paying attention to their teams until after the All Star Break. I do, but I know a lot of guys that don't. Just to long of a season for some folks.

I can't figure out why anyone would go with MLB EI though when its so easy to get MLB.TV. MLB.TV was i think 120 for the whole season. Even if you had to buy a roku box or an apple TV, you almost break even. And with MLB.TV you can watch on your computer, ipad, iphone, tons of different BluRay Players, PS3, etc.

Plus you have access to MLB Radio, and all archived games, and you can skip to any inning in any game with a click of the mouse.

If you have a decent broadband internet connection to your home MLB.TV is the only way to go.

Well, since the teams have completed 99-101 of a 162 game schedule...$79 is what I would be willing to pay for MLB EI. To be honest, I live out-of-state and would love to follow the Tigers nightly....but I don't care about the other 29 ballclubs. Additionally, I spend time between VA and TX. It's bad enough that I have to pay both Comcast and Verizon, but I'm not going to pay for 2 MLB EI subscriptions as well.

They are not going to charge half price or less then half price for the last half of the MLB season. They know many people don't even start paying attention to their teams until after the All Star Break. I do, but I know a lot of guys that don't. Just to long of a season for some folks.

I can't figure out why anyone would go with MLB EI though when its so easy to get MLB.TV. MLB.TV was i think 120 for the whole season. Even if you had to buy a roku box or an apple TV, you almost break even. And with MLB.TV you can watch on your computer, ipad, iphone, tons of different BluRay Players, PS3, etc.

Plus you have access to MLB Radio, and all archived games, and you can skip to any inning in any game with a click of the mouse.

If you have a decent broadband internet connection to your home MLB.TV is the only way to go.

OK, now I need to buy a Roku box, PLUS the MLB TV package your talking about ?
Is everything in HD ?

Did you say you could do that with a BR player as well ?

I have a nice BR player, but it's an older one, I don't watch movies all that much, but if I could get it thru a BR player, I would consider it.
Please explain.

With some of the newer blu ray players there may be an app for MLB tv. I had MLB tv thru my ps3 las year and the picture was good. My only small draw back is of course if to want to channel surf to some other tv shows while you are watching baseball really can't do that

As far as hd picture. I thought the picture thru my ps3 was good

The picture quality is pretty good, but it all depends on your Internet connection. Mine looks great on a 15mb down connection through time Warner.

It doesn't work on all blu ray players but a lot of the with apps have an MLB.tv app. I was pleasantly surprised to see my LG BDP have the functionality when I bought it two years ago.

If the money isn't an issue for you, and you don't have any need for computer or mobile access, and don't care about having access to archived games, then EI is the way to go. EI probably still has better picture quality, but honestly most of the time I can't see much if any difference. I can't believe they offer it so cheap when direcTV charges over $200 for it's package and doesn't have archived games or mobile access.

I work on the border, on slow days, mobile access is a must lol.

With some of the newer blu ray players there may be an app for MLB tv. I had MLB tv thru my ps3 las year and the picture was good. My only small draw back is of course if to want to channel surf to some other tv shows while you are watching baseball really can't do that

As far as hd picture. I thought the picture thru my ps3 was good

I watch MLB.TV through my PS3 and the PQ is pretty damn good.

Yes, the issue of channel surfing is one negative, but there are many more positives.

1. Being able to watch a game on many devices at one time.
IMG_0833.JPG This here happens to be 3 FOX Saturday games being watched at the same time, something you cannot do on EI due to Blackout rules. Of course I had to put a location spoofer on my iDevices in order to do this.

2. The ability to go back and watch any game at any time throughout the year for the entire year.

3. The ability to watch classic games on your PC

4. The ability to watch any game anywhere with an internet connection

As far as the PQ on of MLB.TV through the PS3 on the TV, I'll let you judge. I filmed my TV showing games on my PS3 with my phone. Any poor image quality is due to using a phone and filming a secondary source, not the source itself

[video]http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/DodgerKing/?action=view&current=IMG_0139.mp4[/video]

[video]http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/DodgerKing/?action=view&current=IMG_0132.mp4[/video]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts