MLB Extra Innings - Best Time to Sign Up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
When should I Subsribe to MLB Extra Innings? Now or wait until April? Does it matter? I think it does not matter when I sign up as I will be charged $200 regardless.

When should I Subsribe to MLB Extra Innings? Now or wait until April? Does it matter? I think it does not matter when I sign up as I will be charged $200 regardless.
Call them and ask for the 6 month payment plan. People have been getting that this year. I believe around 33 dollars for 6 months!

As long as you order before the free preview is over, you will get "Early-Bird" pricing. It is usually the first week of the season.

Right now it costs $200. 4 payments of $50 available.
So Im guessing this is not the Early-Bird Pricing?

OK, Ill wait then until the first week of season. Maybe then it will be cheaper?

Is $200 the confirmed price for this season? Is the MLB Extra Innings Pack $75 better than MLB.tv? I have been having the debate with myself and would love to hear others take on it.

I debated EI vs MLB.TV last year. I went with EI for the following reasons:

1) Games were great on my 47" HDTV.
2) I like using my computer while watching games. Much easier to casually watch the game on TV while having multiple windows open on my computer, than to have the game in one of those windows. I'd either have the game window partially obscured, or have it in a very small window stuck into one of the corners.

If my inclination was to mostly watch something on TV and have the game playing on my computer, then I would have gone with MLB.TV

I used to do both. One advantage of MLB.TV is that you can take it anywhere. From any computer, anywhere in the nation, you can log on and watch a game.

I complimented my subscription to MLB:EI with the MLB Gameday audio, so that I could listen to games via the internet. I believe that was only about $15.
I have XM so I can listen to every game. Plus I have the MLB App on my iPhone, so I can listen to both teams feeds through there as well.

I've been a subscriber in the past, but I think I'm going to pass this year. I find my interest waning after the end of April and not picking up again until Sept. However, I do watch my local team (Mariners) all season long on my local Fox network. That and ESPN, WGN, TBS and MLB is enough for me during the regular season.

In other words, $200 is just too much to swallow. Now if I lived away from my favorite team(s), then the package would be worth it.

Just my take.

I'm really curious to hear from ROKU fans. I never heard a side by side comparison in an HD setting. I'm thinking of going MLB.TV instead of EI as well. The MLB app on the iPhone also gives you streaming video, if you are a Premium customer. Still a bit undecided.

Right now it costs $200. 4 payments of $50 available.
So Im guessing this is not the Early-Bird Pricing?

OK, Ill wait then until the first week of season. Maybe then it will be cheaper?

Here is what was on my last statement on MLB EI.

IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE: You are all set to enjoy another exciting season of MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. We are renewing you at the lowest price of 6 payments of $31.99/month. The first charge will appear on your February or March bill. Seasonal sports packages are not refundable after the season starts.

So, yes $191.94 will more than likely be the best price you will see. That is up on only $2.94 over last years Early bird. Last year it was 4 payments of $47.25 when I signed up during Early Bird.

Auto-Renew Rate: $31.99 x6 = $192

Early-Bird Rate (new signups by end of free preview---first week of season) $49.99 x4 = $200
I've seen reports that some were offered 6 payments of $33.33 via phone.

Regular Price (after first week of season) will probably be around $220 or so based on previous years.

I doubt you'll see any different pricing between now and when the season starts.

Also - remember getting the Sports Pack ($12/mo or less with other premiums) for th emonth of March will get you most spring training games via the RSNs.

I've been a subscriber in the past, but I think I'm going to pass this year. I find my interest waning after the end of April and not picking up again until Sept. However, I do watch my local team (Mariners) all season long on my local Fox network. That and ESPN, WGN, TBS and MLB is enough for me during the regular season.

In other words, $200 is just too much to swallow. Now if I lived away from my favorite team(s), then the package would be worth it.

Just my take.

I would have gone for the deal again IF it wasn't for the blackout rules. I enjoy watching my home team with the other teams announcers (I get tired of hearing the same old crap year in and year out from the "homers).

I'm really curious to hear from ROKU fans. I never heard a side by side comparison in an HD setting. I'm thinking of going MLB.TV instead of EI as well. The MLB app on the iPhone also gives you streaming video, if you are a Premium customer. Still a bit undecided.

PQ is not as good on the Roku in comparison to D HD EI. But the PQ is far superior to SD on D. Overall it is acceptable but it doesn't have the wow effect that can be so good watching baseball. On the other hand, it has an advantage in that you have all the games on the Roku, you don't have to worry about scheduling conflicts. I also think the Roku price is somewhat lower. Baseball is my favorite sport and I will subscribe to both versions. D for the whole season and Roku after the All Star break.

The added HD channels the last few years has been a big plus but I am with you all mostly

I am going to pass on it this year for financial reasons.

I can watch my fill of games on ESPN/ESPN2/Fox

OK, so $200 will be the lowest price I will get it for according to past replies. I still will be getting this to watch my Yankees. Im also in fantasy baseball leagues and love to watch all these random teams playing.

Watching baseball on HD TV vs a computer is a big difference. I used to subscribe to mlb.tv for $120, but alot of times I was playing games on it or something else. Having it on TV is alot better. Also, listening vs watching baseball is totally different experience.

Give me baseball on my 50'' Samsung HD anyday vs a computer or audio only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)