MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

SignGuyDino said:
I just hope somebody could post a website listing all the games they'll show in HD, if any...

MLB EI does not offer HD Telecasts of the games. At this time it is only games from RSN SD feeds.

ESPN HD will likely have Sunday Games in HD. Otherwise, only local HD games from WGN and other local outlets are expected to be telecast and not on the dish.

jened said:
ummm except those of us in the 4 states the yankees claim as their home market. i won't be able to watch my favorite team either dish, thank you! they at least should be more truthful in their advertising!

Or anybody who has Victory as their RSN (Since it isnt on Dish)
So all of us in MN, ND, SD are SOL

Cubmaniac said:
DirectTV has posted the MLB EI Schedule for March and April.
http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Schedule/2004_3.htm
Included are games for Tuesday, March 30 and Wednesday, March 31 between the DRays and Yankees. It will be interesting to see if E* includes these games - last I checked, channels 625+ were still not active on my system.

They have the games on Tuesday and Wednesday listed at 7pm ET. The games are played at 5am ET. The game on Tuesday is on ESPN2 as well as YES Network live. ESPN 2 is doing a replay after the afternoon Preseason contest they are covering.

JohnH said:
They have the games on Tuesday and Wednesday listed at 7pm ET. The games are played at 5am ET. The game on Tuesday is on ESPN2 as well as YES Network live. ESPN 2 is doing a replay after the afternoon Preseason contest they are covering.
Yeah, I'm really interested more for how quickly E* is going to show that all its ducks are in a row, rather than the actual content.

I think someone needs to apply for a job in the E* marketing department. They certainly are taking a minimalist approach on their web site with respect to MLB EI. No schedule, no real extra info, not even a guy wearing an actual MLB cap....If I didn't already know what it was all about I don't think I would be too eager to sign up. Not exactly building excitement for the upcoming season! :rolleyes: I guess the games will take care of themselves.

The first game of EI is tonight/early morning (or was last Tuesday game the first?), Yankees and Devil Rays. I don't even have the channels appearing on my guide. Do you think DISH will have EI package up before the game?

I don't understand why they run NHL Center Ice ads on NBA LP. There should be more MLB than NHL at this point. Who's going to sign up for the rest of the NHL season for the bargain price of $109???

styxfix said:
The first game of EI is tonight/early morning (or was last Tuesday game the first?), Yankees and Devil Rays. I don't even have the channels appearing on my guide. Do you think DISH will have EI package up before the game?
The channels are now on my guide this morning. A dish rep. told me the schedule will be up today after five

As per the website and the press release, the package starts on April 5, 2004 with a free preview.

DirecTV did run the second game from Tokyo live on an EI channel using the YES Network feed.

There is absolutely no indication that DISH Network has a contract with YES Network. There are two Yankees games this month in which the YES Network is the only RSN carrying the game. They are on the 6th and 10th. They are not listed in the E* EI schedule. All of the rest of the Yankees games in the schedule could be coming from the opponents RSN. That tells me there is no YES Network contract. I could be wrong, but....

No John you appear to be correct.

I am disapointed no YES.

I have not given up total hope, as I mentioned before this source has been very good. I wonder if the Cablevision ruling changed the way talks were going.

I have my order in for the package and cant wait to see the Red Sox kick some butt. :D

I would say that any information that pre-dates the Cablevision/YES arbitration is invalid. I would guess that Charlie was keeping talks alive in hopes that the decision would go in Cablevision's favor; since it did not, Charlie probably put a halt to it at that point. I would love to be proven wrong, but unless your source can confirm talks proceeding past that time I am betting that's the way it went.

Cal what you said is my gut feeling as well.

I have heard nothing further since I last reported.

Kind of disapointed really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)