MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

I agree it does seem if you really want HD, cable is very competetive, I heard scientific atlantic is realeasing a cable HD DVR. They have more locals the at least Dish, not sure about Directv. If you add in MSGHD, they have an advantage in some aspects. Yikes..

The package is not likely to show in your EPG before Friday, if then.

There is a MLB TEST EVENT scheduled this evening and tomorrow evening on channel 625.

Of course, an announcement could be made at any time.

BTW: DISH500 or better will be required to get all the games, if it happens.

According to MLB who I have been in contact with, They are just waiting for some final TV schedule adjustments to be complete before announcing the full package. :)

Why would they need to have TV schedules to be set before announcing the package? And wouldn't that affect DTV and cable as much as E *

Geronimo said:
Why would they need to have TV schedules to be set before announcing the package? And wouldn't that affect DTV and cable as much as E *

I thought this as well initially....It seems to me that they are waiting to announce the new providers of MLB Extra Innings until after they get all the TV times and dates worked out. I guess it would be nice when they ask new subscribers to sign up, to actually be able to tell you about the games and times!!

If you look at DirecTV website they still don't have the 2004 schedule posted.

Because if they have 1200 televised games available instead of 1250 for the season, that might affect the price..........

Dishnetwork has the MLB package as available to order on their website this afternoon. $149 beginning April 5. Free preview April 5 through April 11.

MLB on Dish Website!!!!

MLB Extra Innings*
Starts April 5th
MLB EXTRA INNINGS is now on DISH Network Season Ticket! MLB EXTRA INNINGS provides up to 60 regular season games a week from outside your home market. The available games that make up this package are in addition to those seen on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, regional sports networks, and your home team's television affiliate station(s).
Get the Early Bird package for only $149 or 3 payments of $49.67! That’s $20 off the Full Season price!
And now DISH Network Season Ticket brings you the convenience of automatic renewal. Order the 2004 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package and you will be automatically renewed each season at a special renewal rate.

Channels: 625 – 639

Great news. Sorry I was just skeptical about that particular explanation.

I didnt understand what I was told, but I passed it along anyways. :)

Glad it's official now. Even I was nervous there for awhile. :D

Glad we could break another news story first. I work hard to dig for news, call it investigative reporting. :D

This is absolutely great!!!! My wife is about as happy as she can get. I tried to call tonight but was told it wouldn't be available until tomorrow, the 19th. That's OK, I have waited this long, 6 years, I can wait one more day. I think Scott does an excellent job in giving us the inside info, he has yet to disappoint me. Mike

This is great news!! I am very glad that I canceled my D* installation. After waiting this many years it seemed silly to change just when E* was on the verge of actually getting the programing I want....I am glad it is finally official. Now if the Red Sox can only get past those pesky Yankees!!

Boris said:
This is great news!! I am very glad that I canceled my D* installation. After waiting this many years it seemed silly to change just when E* was on the verge of actually getting the programing I want....I am glad it is finally official. Now if the Red Sox can only get past those pesky Yankees!!

Hey, I'm a Dodger fan and I agree, Go RedSox!!!

ROLLTIDE said:
So direct tv gets it for $20 less than dish .
GRRRRR

Umm what are you talking about? It's the same price.

From Dish...
Get the Early Bird package for only $149 or 3 payments of $49.67! That’s $20 off the Full Season price!

From Directv...
Order by April 4, 2004 and save $20 off the regular season price. Get the 2004 season of MLB EXTRA INNINGS for $149 or 4 payments of $37.25.

Oh also, everyone Dish, Direct, and Indemand, get the free preview from april 5-11

MLB is making it the same for everyone in price and previews, so everyone has the same deal

Just ordered it. It was $149. Had to put it on my credit card for some reason. No
big deal ,just glad to have it on Dish . Now if they would just get Yes so I could get rid of Directtv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts