MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
lloyde6 said:
Just ordered it. It was $149. Had to put it on my credit card for some reason. No
big deal ,just glad to have it on Dish . Now if they would just get Yes so I could get rid of Directtv.

I was able to have it billed in the 3 installments right on my Bill.

Sounds like the CSR's need help,

She told me I needed to put it on a credit card and I didn't ask any different because I was tired of waiting for her to find it.
I agree the CSR's need help. They seem confused every time I call for something.
Oh well BRING ON THE BALL SEASON!!

I also split it into three payments per the website's blurb. It will automatically renew at the early bird price each year in three installments per my request.

None of the sports packages are available to add automatically via the website, you have to call 1-800-333-3474 (DISH).

I already have CC Auto Pay and Paperless Billing so it was easy to add.......

I just ordered the MLB package.

The rep knew all about it, after I ordered he spent like 3 minutes telling me all the rules and regulations about the package, such as local games may be blacked out (but available on the local sports channel), that the package was non cancelable, refundable, or transferable, and that the package would renew automatically next year for the same early bird price.

I found a good place to find which games will be blacked out in your area. It tells you which team or teams are your local teams .The teams that are your local teams will be blacked out on MLB Extra Innings. At least that's how it was worked when I had it on Directtv so I am sure it will be the same on Dish.
http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/rsnteams.htm

Just ordered it. Got the 3 payment deal. Very cool package to have, and you really cant beat the monthly price (150 / 6 = $25 a month). The only local sports team for me is my Mariners, whom I would watch on the other channels anyways since our announcers are almost like family. ;)

Boris said:
This is great news!! I am very glad that I canceled my D* installation. After waiting this many years it seemed silly to change just when E* was on the verge of actually getting the programing I want....I am glad it is finally official. Now if the Red Sox can only get past those pesky Yankees!!

Your Red Sox or my Mariners... if either one makes it past them yanks I am a happy camper.

WLong said:
Just ordered it. Got the 3 payment deal. Very cool package to have, and you really cant beat the monthly price (150 / 6 = $25 a month). The only local sports team for me is my Mariners, whom I would watch on the other channels anyways since our announcers are almost like family. ;)

WLong i am in the 97504 zip code.. I cant find it on the list but i found zips that it could fall into which is 974-977 Trailblazers Mariners A's Giants.. Does this mean Since i want to watch the A's i will be blacked out?? The only Pro team we have in oregon is Pro Basketball..

BlackHitachi said:
WLong i am in the 97504 zip code.. I cant find it on the list but i found zips that it could fall into which is 974-977 Trailblazers Mariners A's Giants.. Does this mean Since i want to watch the A's i will be blacked out?? The only Pro team we have in oregon is Pro Basketball..

Thats lame. Why would you guys get shafted like that? Mariners, A's and the Giants?? Wow. :(

If those are considered "home teams" they are subject to blackout. I would assume the Mariners and the Trailblazers would be your home teams. I know a ton of folks come up from Oregon to Safeco to cheer on the Mariners, since it really isnt that far.

Thats a major bummer. I guess you will have to wait and see, during the preview period.

My Zip Code is 08730 in NJ. I get blacked out for the Mets, Yankees, AND Phillies...... (and I'm 60 miles away from all of them)

WLong said:
Thats lame. Why would you guys get shafted like that? Mariners, A's and the Giants?? Wow. :(

If those are considered "home teams" they are subject to blackout. I would assume the Mariners and the Trailblazers would be your home teams. I know a ton of folks come up from Oregon to Safeco to cheer on the Mariners, since it really isnt that far.

Thats a major bummer. I guess you will have to wait and see, during the preview period.

OH my GOSH!! It gets Worse then that!!!! :no I called dish just to make sure what teams get blacked out.. By the way people ask them about your favorite team they will look it up for ya!! They said all of those teams will get blacked out in my area.. :( This is the first time buying the package and i am not mad at dish but i am MAD!! :mad: The A's are my Team and they are 8 hours away from me in Cali.. I live in Oregon and cant watch my team i was told.. Then i asked if i can buy the multisports pak. She said yea but i still wont get to see my TEAM!! I was soo happy to get MLBei and now i am sick.. Anyway i hope in the future these blackouts get worked out this is such BS.. Oh well sorry for the RANT hope you guys like MLBEI!!

60 miles seems pretty close by to me. Still I would think that the fair thing would be to let you see any tema whose RSN is unavailable to you.

Geronimo said:
60 miles seems pretty close by to me. Still I would think that the fair thing would be to let you see any tema whose RSN is unavailable to you.

Yeah, according to the "rules" I have to get the Phillies games from my regional sports network. Except Congress says that ONLY New York can be by source of channels. So which is it?

Probably part of the reason why baseball is dying as the National Pastime. I still am psched for Extra Innings due to my Fantasy Baseball Enthusiast status, but it would be nice to see all of the games (I"m hoping YES gets signed soon. My Mets are covered, but it would be nice to get a few more games available)

Once again, SatelliteGuys was proud to be the first to tell you about MLB coming to Dish Network. And now it is really official....

Here is the press release from http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=dish&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=506786

DISH Network Season Ticket Delivers Major League Action with MLB EXTRA INNINGS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 22, 2004--

DISH Network Satellite TV Will Broadcast More Than 1,000 Major
League Baseball Games Beginning April

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) announced today that its DISH Network(TM) satellite television service will broadcast MLB EXTRA INNINGS for the first time on DISH Network's Season Ticket, bringing out-of-market Major League Baseball games home to DISH Network's more than 9.4 million customers nationwide.

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS package will provide up to 60 out-of-market regular season games per week to subscribers. DISH Network will begin broadcasting this season's MLB EXTRA INNINGS on Monday, April 5, and continue through the final day of the regular season on Sunday, Oct. 3.

"DISH Network is swinging into action by delivering this extensive coverage of the 2004 Major League Baseball regular season to our customers," said Michael Schwimmer, senior vice president of Programming at EchoStar. "No matter where our customers live in the U.S., they'll watch their favorite baseball teams and players compete, whether it's the Cubs versus the Braves or A-Rod against Curt Schilling."

A free preview will be available to all DISH Network customers from Monday, April 5, through Sunday, April 11, on channels 625-639. Customers can purchase the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package for the early bird price of $149 through April 18. After April 18, the Regular Season package will be offered at $169.

DISH Network will offer an installment billing option for each package. To order MLB EXTRA INNINGS DISH Network Season Ticket, call 800-333-DISH or visit www.dishnetwork.com/baseball. Blackouts of certain games will apply.

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS package is also available for commercial establishments such as restaurants and universities. Commercial establishments can call 800-454-0843 for more information.

DISH Network also offers a variety of sports packages year-round. DISH Network Season Ticket packages include: NBA League Pass, NHL CENTER ICE, ESPN Full Court, ESPN Game Plan, ESPN College Grand Slam, Barclaycard English Premier League and MLS Direct Kick.

Scott Greczkowski said:
"No matter where our customers live in the U.S., they'll watch their favorite baseball teams and players compete, whether it's the Cubs versus the Braves or A-Rod against Curt Schilling."
[/url]

ummm except those of us in the 4 states the yankees claim as their home market. i won't be able to watch my favorite team either dish, thank you! they at least should be more truthful in their advertising!

RonMort046 said:
Wed. blackouts were done away with last year. They are not even mentioned on DTV's EI page.

i wish someone told echostar. being in new york, i had wed nite yankees games blacked out sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)