MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

Absolutely no offense is intended towards anyone but, to me, it is arumor until it is announced. I believe it. It just is not official.

This is great news....I had given up on E* adding MLB Extra Innings for this season and called D* just because I could not belive that that Dishnetwork would not make this programing available (even after the exclusive contract with D* expired). D* was supposed to come out yesterday and hook me up, but I called and rescheduled my installation until Tuesday. ;)

I hope the announcement comes on Monday. I don't have any problem with E* and have been happy with the company. If the announcement comes on Monday I will very happily cancel my order with D* and sign up for MLB Extra Innings. (Go Red Sox).

If a deal is indeed signed what is holding up an announcement? Is there a problem? Have they not decided on pricing? What might it be?

No, its not that at all. :)

An announcement is coming. I am 99.9% sure of this. :D

If you notice on MLB's site the extra innings info is still up from last season. We will be hearing about it soon. ;)

Well- I believe you guys! I called and canceled by D* installation. I just wish they would make the announcement. :rolleyes:

Delicious Irony

Sean Mota said:
Is it true that if you are out of the NY area, you will able to see the Yankees games? If that's true, it really sucks. A team that belongs to the local NY area not being to see them and yet the rest of the country can see them, just because this YES-E* nonsense.

OK, as you can tell I've never posted before, but I registered just to express publicly the humor inherent in all the Yankee angst. First, the Yankees win because they have more money than any other team. One stat from a few years ago indicated the Yanks received more television revenue than the ENTIRE AL Central (combined!). And that was before YES! Of course, they make even more now, and want to make more still by charging E* high rates. So, E* doesn't carry YES, which makes Yankee fans mad! So don't you see? Yanks win because they buy players that only they can afford thanks to high television rates which keeps you from seeing the games! Great irony.

I'd also like to point out that before the Yankees' recent string of postseason visits (i.e. the 1980's) the Minnesota Twins had higher yearly home attendances every year. So it would appear that Yankee fans wouldn't support their team if it doesn't win, which requires George to bring in lots of revenue to pay for overpriced players, which requires him to charge big rates for YES to afford overpriced players, which means E* subscribers can't get the programming! So Yankee fans, you are victims of your team's success!

Every small market fan out there should get a little satisfaction out of the problems of a Yankee fan.

All the small market fans should also realize that through revenue sharing the Yankees give your teams money. Some may not use that money for the team but rather put it in their pocket. George cares about one thing, winning. The fans see this and come out in what could be record numbers this year, they are talking about hitting 4 million in attendance.
I agree that YES is asking an insane about of amount per subscriber, only problem is Directv has them and until this past month have not hiked their rates. I think Dish has twice in the past 3 years and still no YES. I think at the time Dish felt the merger was going through. I actually got emails telling me to go to Directv since Dish thought I would eventually be theirs again when they merged. I agree Dish is in a tough spot, but even cablevision came to an agreement..
Bill

Cubmaniac said:
OK, as you can tell I've never posted before, but I registered just to express publicly the humor inherent in all the Yankee angst. First, the Yankees win because they have more money than any other team. One stat from a few years ago indicated the Yanks received more television revenue than the ENTIRE AL Central (combined!). And that was before YES! Of course, they make even more now, and want to make more still by charging E* high rates. So, E* doesn't carry YES, which makes Yankee fans mad! So don't you see? Yanks win because they buy players that only they can afford thanks to high television rates which keeps you from seeing the games! Great irony.

I'd also like to point out that before the Yankees' recent string of postseason visits (i.e. the 1980's) the Minnesota Twins had higher yearly home attendances every year. So it would appear that Yankee fans wouldn't support their team if it doesn't win, which requires George to bring in lots of revenue to pay for overpriced players, which requires him to charge big rates for YES to afford overpriced players, which means E* subscribers can't get the programming! So Yankee fans, you are victims of your team's success!

Every small market fan out there should get a little satisfaction out of the problems of a Yankee fan.

I do not think this is a Yankee fan issue for me. The fact still remains that the Yankees play 162 games against other teams which I will not be able to see just because I live in the NY area and E* does not carry them. Success or not I still would like to see the good match ups that will be present throughout the season. I do not consider myself a Yankee fan but a baseball fan and one cannot deny that in the American League in order to go to the World Series a team needs to take the Yankees down. From a baseball fan point of view, I will love to see them but I am not putting my hopes very high. This is why I have decided to go with local cable company for the MLB EI. I am getting the box next week and besides the MLB EI I am getting the Mets in HD (all home games) + YES + INHD (which is going to broadcast 3 games per week in HD). This is what I call flexibility. I will stay with the package for just the baseball season. Yes, I am going to pay for it and heck if I have the money, I will do it.

Bill D said:
All the small market fans should also realize that through revenue sharing the Yankees give your teams money. Some may not use that money for the team but rather put it in their pocket. George cares about one thing, winning. The fans see this and come out in what could be record numbers this year, they are talking about hitting 4 million in attendance.
I agree that YES is asking an insane about of amount per subscriber, only problem is Directv has them and until this past month have not hiked their rates. I think Dish has twice in the past 3 years and still no YES. I think at the time Dish felt the merger was going through. I actually got emails telling me to go to Directv since Dish thought I would eventually be theirs again when they merged. I agree Dish is in a tough spot, but even cablevision came to an agreement..
Bill
Do you seriously believe that the amount of revenue sharing compensates for salary inflation over the past 10 years thanks to the Yankees grabbing the top free agent on the market nearly every year? I don't - small market teams are having much more difficulty competing with the one team that has more money than anyone else. Sure, Yankee fans go to the park now and that helps revenues for that team, but before they went on their recent run of trips to the postseason, Yankee attendance was pathetic. In 1991, the Yankees drew 1.863 million fans - 11th in the American League. They were outdrawn that year by such (small market) teams as Kansas City, Minnesota, Oakland, Texas, Toronto, the Mets (!), Pittsburgh and Philadephia. Yankee fans can congratulate themselves today about attendance, but it looks pretty fair weather to me.

I do not expect the big announcement now for a week or two. I guess MLB likes to announce everyone who is carrying the package at one time.

If you look at MLB's EXTRA INNINGS site it still has all the 2003 data up.

Rest assured it IS coming. :)

Way to go Dish!

Sean Mota said:
I do not think this is a Yankee fan issue for me. The fact still remains that the Yankees play 162 games against other teams which I will not be able to see just because I live in the NY area and E* does not carry them. Success or not I still would like to see the good match ups that will be present throughout the season. I do not consider myself a Yankee fan but a baseball fan and one cannot deny that in the American League in order to go to the World Series a team needs to take the Yankees down. From a baseball fan point of view, I will love to see them but I am not putting my hopes very high. This is why I have decided to go with local cable company for the MLB EI. I am getting the box next week and besides the MLB EI I am getting the Mets in HD (all home games) + YES + INHD (which is going to broadcast 3 games per week in HD). This is what I call flexibility. I will stay with the package for just the baseball season. Yes, I am going to pay for it and heck if I have the money, I will do it.

I agree with you Sean. If a team in the AL wants to be anyone or go anywhere in the post season, that road is through the NY Yankees. As a hardcore Mariners fan, we know that story all too well.

We'll get ya. :)

Bill

I am a Giants fan and I will be buying the MLBEI. I could care less how much money the Yankees spend. They have a great team on paper and on the field. The problem is this is baseball any team can beat any team at any given time. There are to many things that can happen. I know if I was the owner of a team I would try to do just as they are. Heck on my Playstation I try to trade and get free agents to build a powerhouse. I am going to watch the Yankees more just to see how they do. Heck by the line up we should see a bunch of fireworks. I can't wait till it is announced, so I can buy all the baseball I can handle.

Thanks to Fantasy Baseball, there are many other games that have things that interest me. I'm a Mets fan, but I would watch a Yankee or Phillie game if one of my fantasy starters was pitching. Thanks to Extra Innings I'll be able to do that again (I remember the good old days when KWGN had the Rockies, KTLA had the Dodgers, and WPIX had the Yankees and you could catch most of the games for free... I guess SOMEONE had to pay for those payrolls.

Someone mentioned about the mets in HD (msgHD). YES Network wil begin doing Yankee games in June or July in HD and then Nets game in the fall in HD as well. It remains to be seen who will actually carry this HD feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts