MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

Curtis0620 said:
I beleive the CSN-Philly games are not in MLBEI, so YES games will not be either if the provider doesn't carry that network.

That was what I thought too. Again I have been told that such balackouts occur only in the home area. That OOM types will see the games. Does anyone know for sure?

:confused:

OK this was really exciting to me at first until I realized that the Reds who are 6 hours away from me (I live in Southern Tennessee only 15 minutes from Alabama and 15 minutes from Mississippi) are considered to be my "local" market. Never mind that Atlanta and St. Louis are much closer and have a much bigger following. Anyway this really irked me so I called Directv just to see if there was something I could do through them and they told me something that really confuses me to death. They said that yes Cincinnati and even Atlanta would be blacked out "but" they would be available on my regular Fox channel through them. I found this rather odd since Dish had told me over 5 years ago when I signed up that I couldn't get the Reds. I then called Dish and they said, "Nope the Reds will not be available to you.... just the Braves." This is really irking me. Anyone know of someone that I can contact at Dish to see if they can work this out for me? (What email address or phone number- I don't even know the CEO email address anymore.) If Direct can do it then Dish can do it....

One other bit of info. I would have thought that Direct was blowing smoke if not for one bit of info. Back many years ago my parents, who live in the same zip as I, could get Cincinnati Reds baseball through their sports station on Primestar. I thought it was a mistake but obviously it was not. Also, MLB.com lists my zip as "local" for their service so I can't even watch them on the internet.... Please someone tell me what I can do besides switching to Directv.

So 2 years no YES on Dish, the MLB package is almost there but sounds as if a NY/NJ resident won't get those games anyway. This is ridiculous, even if they could get it, kind of a steep price $150 if you are only interested in one game. I would have paid up to maybe $5 a month for YES. Either way its too late, I just ordered a 100 hour tivo and 35 hour tivo from Directv. Now I just have to sell the 721 and other equipment to offset the costs. Enough was enough two years no Yankees, I had it..
Bill

Ok I just spoke to someone at Echostar. While not in programming this person believes the Yankees will be shown however the YES version of the broadcasts will not.

So lets say the Red Sox are kickin g the Yankess... Oh wait, the Red Sox are playing the Yankees, the game would be available but you would be seeing the NESN version of the game. :)

i hope you're right scott but mlb rules are so complex. i think yankee games regardless of source (opponents or yes) won't be available to those in the yankees market. it's the same rules (mlb and i guess the rsns) that forced adelphia to issue the declaration i just said when it offered mlb package but didn't have YES yet.

see what leer posted yesterday in the thread from directv's rules. i don't see how e* will be able to do things differently.
http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Questions

Customer Service Reps are Clueless

Just called Dish and the CSR did not have any info. He said it was a maybe but he didn't know when or how much or if I could sign up. Hard to buy it if they won't sell it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
So lets say the Red Sox are kickin g the Yankess... Oh wait, the Red Sox are playing the Yankees, the game would be available but you would be seeing the NESN version of the game. :)

yeah... make the Yankees fans listen to our point of view for a change...

<Cartman> Yes.. yeeeessss... I hate you guys, oh yes I do. </Cartman>

It will be unfair to the millions of right thinking residents of the state of Connecticut to deprive them of their natural right to watch the Red Sox on TV on a summer evening simply because the team they are playing against wears pinstripes and a cap with an unattractive logo. Given the unbalanced schedule in the AL that would deprive them of 22 games (minus those contests betwen the teams that are on FOX or ESPN).

Scott you may want to make contingency plans to move to Massachusetts. Of course you will always be welcome here at the reservation.

This stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move it Dish and get YES Network already. Stop
being so damn cheap Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked

Ronster said:
This stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move it Dish and get YES Network already. Stop
being so damn cheap Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked

No. No. No. And, No. What they are asking is for, is 1. alot of money, and 2. more importantly they want me to pay for it even though I cannot watch it. Very similar to some of the problems with Viacom. Dish gave them a great deal that they refused. A separate package and they keep a larger portion of the income. But YES knows they will get few subscriptions at the cost they are demanding if only those who can get it and want it pay for it. CHARLIE - do not cave on this.

I do not believe that anyone living in NY market will be to see the Yankees on MLB Extra Inning for the same reason we were not able to see the NETS in NBA LP. The Nets were always blacked out because YES is consider a REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORK. The same reason why the KNICKS were never shown in NBA LP. They were always blacked out to NY area since MSG carried then.

In a nutshell, great that MLB Extra Inning is on E* but don't expect to see Yankees games unless E* makes a serious decision to go and get YES (for NY AREA). For now, Cablevision and DirecTv rules as they are the only one that carry the NY Yankees. So in my case, it does not make sense to order MLB Extra Inning with E*. I would rather order it with Cablevision since I can have all MLB in one box.

Hate them or LOVE them but they are still the NY Yankees the team that you would like to see being beaten or the team that you would love to win it all.

Scott says that the NEts are in the NBA package. Sean says they are not. I donthave it. Who can say for sure? Of course NBA rulesa re not necessarily the same as MLB rules.

Geronimo said:
Scott says that the NEts are in the NBA package. Sean says they are not. I donthave it. Who can say for sure? Of course NBA rulesa re not necessarily the same as MLB rules.

Yes, they appear in the PG but when you try to tune into them you get the blackout screen.

P.S. Are you saying that this year you could see them, play? because the first year of NBA LP on E* I could not.

lonewolfe said:
I don't think you get blackouts with the package, but mlb's site says this:

All local and national blackout restrictions still apply. In other words, subscribers within a club's Home Television Territory cannot get that clubs' games in this national package. In addition, due to the national exclusivity of both ESPN and FOX, there are no games available for distribution via this package on Saturday day, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. Please see the below for further detail.

It will probably have the same rules that http://www.mlb.tv had last season. (You were able to watch the Extra Innings games on your computer through an internet connection)

Bill D said:
So 2 years no YES on Dish, the MLB package is almost there but sounds as if a NY/NJ resident won't get those games anyway. This is ridiculous, even if they could get it, kind of a steep price $150 if you are only interested in one game. I would have paid up to maybe $5 a month for YES. Either way its too late, I just ordered a 100 hour tivo and 35 hour tivo from Directv. Now I just have to sell the 721 and other equipment to offset the costs. Enough was enough two years no Yankees, I had it..
Bill

Give it til the end of March....

There are rumors that there is a court resolution with Cablevision/YES due at the end of March. If the court rules Cablevision's way, YES can't force everyone to put in on the basic package and E* will be rumored to pick it up, if the ruling goes for YES, then they will be able to force it onto Basic and then it will be take it or leave it (with E* probably leaving it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)