MLB Extra Innings Coming to DISH!

I don't think you get blackouts with the package, but mlb's site says this:

All local and national blackout restrictions still apply. In other words, subscribers within a club's Home Television Territory cannot get that clubs' games in this national package. In addition, due to the national exclusivity of both ESPN and FOX, there are no games available for distribution via this package on Saturday day, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. Please see the below for further detail.

bcshields said:
How does Blackout work with this... can I get Red Sox games in Delaware? Or will they be blacked out, forcing me to watch the Orioles and Yankees and ESPN. I catch about 1/3 of the games there anyway....
According to D*'s site:

[quote url=http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Questions/]

Q: Blackout Information
A: All local and national blackout restrictions still apply. In other words, subscribers within a club’s Home Television Territory cannot get that clubs’ games in this national package. In addition, due to the national exclusivity of both ESPN and FOX, there are no games available for distribution via this package on Saturday day or Sunday night. Please see the below for further detail.

Q: Local Blackout Information
A: If you live in a zip code that is within a Major League Baseball team’s territory, that team’s games will be blacked out from the MLB EXTRA INNINGSSM game package, but will generally be available as part of your local regional sports, cable or over-the-air affiliate station. Blackouts protect the local rightsholders who arrange separate distribution agreements for their exclusive territories.

Q: ESPN Blackout Information
A: ESPN has an exclusive national broadcast window for all Major League Baseball games on Sunday nights; therefore, no telecast can be made available for DBS distribution. As they have rights to night games only, any games which start after 5 p.m. ET (2 p.m. PT) cannot be distributed via DBS carriers out-of-market.

Q: Fox Television Network Blackout Information
A: For Saturdays in the regular season between May 22nd and October 2nd, with the exception of Saturday September 4th and 11th, the FOX Television Network has the exclusive national rights to broadcast games up until 7:00pm ET (4:00pm PT). So, while you will not receive Major League Baseball games on your MLB EXTRA INNINGS channels any of those Saturday mornings or afternoons, you will receive the available Saturday night games that begin after 7:00pm ET (4:00pm PT). For Saturday morning and afternoon games, check out the FOX Network local schedule.

[/quote]

Oh ok, maybe they do...

Still, I can watch my local games (Mariners) OTA or on Fox and I can watch the ESPN games on ESPN-HD. The rest of MLB would be covered by this plan.

So in a way, you still get everything. :)

Heaven---I'm in heaven

and my hear beats so that I can hardly speak.

The champagne over in the pub is on me.

:D :D :D

Hi guys, I just received 8 e-mails to the Dish Channel Chart about the MLB channels. They are there in testing. I'll add them to the chart when I get home from work at about 11pm

See ya
Tony

HALLEJUIA!! Bring on the Sox... delaware is in lala land.. don't have to worry about local blackouts here.

*does a happy deprived Red Sox fan dance*

Champagne, heck, bring on the Sam Adams!

Can someone try to get some screenshots of a guide with the channels in their list?

This is excellent news for Dish subscribers :) .

Thanks should go out to Dish for listening to what their subscribers would like to see on Dish.

Good work!

/Benjamin

Thank God! It was about time. John, even though we won't be able to see YES any which way, it will be great to follow all other baseball games. GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS....I have been waiting for this one tooooooooooooooooooooooo Long and finally I will have a reason to go back and watch SD programming.

Sean Mota said:
Thank God! It was about time. John, even though we won't be able to see YES any which way, it will be great to follow all other baseball games. GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS....I have been waiting for this one tooooooooooooooooooooooo Long and finally I will have a reason to go back and watch SD programming.

I'm excited about this !

Attachments

• Image(11).jpg
    Image(11).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 291
My receiver doesn't show it yet, but seeing that image is good enough for me. :D

I'll be ordering it as soon as it is available!

Bill

There are some new Pakistan Channels, one of which may have the Matches. Wonder what the blackout rules will be on that. :)

Yeah, channels 625 through 639. MLB Extra Innings. Get up to 60 games a week. :)

For the one in Delaware: If the game is with the Phillies forget it. Otherwise, watch it, if it is on an RSN.

Now, if we can get these blackouts on Pre Season games lifted so I don't have to watch all of them on DirecTV.

You would think no blackouts, but you're wrong. Cox Cable in Vegas blacks out SF, OAK, LA, ANA, SD & ARI. The only games that start at 7 local time that aren't blacked out are the Seattle Mariners (unless, of course, they are playing the A's or Angels). The rules aren't made by Cox, they're made by MLB and the rights-holder for each team. For SF/OAK, it's Rainbow Media. They want Cox to put FSBA up on the cable system. That would give us FSW, FSW2, FSBA, FSD Atlantic, Central and Pacific. Cox says no.

There is a big difference between Out of Area and Out of Market. Even Hawaii will have blackouts on EI !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)