MLB ...how un-American!

Much ado about nothing. Will be forgotten tomorrow when real issues take precedence (cough*...baseball's drug problems...cough*).

Tomorrow is here and it is still a big news item in the biggest market in the US.

Outrage over Mets not wearing caps of NYPD, FDNY, PAPD on 9/11 shows how pain of day still lingers

And one does not effect the other in any way, shape or form. The ONLY thing MLB has left is to apologize to the Mets publicly, but that will never happen because that will be admitting they were wrong.

Don't kid yourself. The caps are not the biggest news item here.

Next.

Sandra

WHERE did I say it was "the biggest news item"? NOWHERE. For it to be still mentioned 3 days later still makes it a news item. Hell, they more thank likely are already talking about the JETS or GIANTS next opponent than their last opponent.

Don't kid yourself, this will simmer down...there is no doubt...but it won't die yet.

This is interesting:

Mets passed on 9/11 hats in part due to loan: source - NYPOST.com

WHERE did I say it was "the biggest news item"? NOWHERE. For it to be still mentioned 3 days later still makes it a news item. Hell, they more thank likely are already talking about the JETS or GIANTS next opponent than their last opponent.

Don't kid yourself, this will simmer down...there is no doubt...but it won't die yet.

This is interesting:

Mets passed on 9/11 hats in part due to loan: source - NYPOST.com

Read the article. The outrage is over 9/11, not the hats. The hats issue is already yesterday's news, but 9/11 will live around here forever.

Sandra

Read the article. The outrage is over 9/11, not the hats. The hats issue is already yesterday's news, but 9/11 will live around here forever.

Sandra

Why have hats as part of the title if it had nothing to do with it?

Never mind...you win, you had "last word"...

Ramy, close it when read....

Why have hats as part of the title if it had nothing to do with it?

Never mind...you win, you had "last word"...

Ramy, close it when read....

If it was 'never mind' you would have deleted the question. ;)

You asked, so I'll answer. Read the article. The hats are just a symbol of how raw the nerves still are around here regarding 9/11. Like the article said, most of us cannot even bear to watch the buildings fall down...since so many of us had friends/family in those buildings.

I agree that discussion should stop here. COMPARING WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11 TO BASEBALL HATS IS JUST WRONG AND I CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN IT ANYMORE.

I'm sorry, like everone else who lost loved ones it is still too upsetting, and my nerves are still too raw too.

Go ahead and have the last word if you like. I am done with hats.

Sandra

Last edited:
128-double-facepalm-when-the-fail-is-so-strong-one-facepalm-is-not-enough.jpg

Sorry Cosmo, and sorry to everyone else. 9/11 is still a very emotional thing here.

My fault for getting into something like hats in the first place...I apologize.

Sandra

i think the use of theterm "un American" is a bit hyperbolic. Most leagues have pretty strict rules about uniforms. i don't always agree with the rules or the enforcement in unusual situations but they are there. Just as examples I know Phil Simms was once fined heavily because of an infraction involving his socks. When Johnny Unitas passed the league authorized the Ravens to wear white shoes in his honor but when Peyton Manning said that as quarterback of the Colts he would like to do the same thing permission was denied.

In other words this is fairly standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts