MLB ...how un-American!

SandraC said:
LOL OK thank you for your opinion and speculation! Of course, it's also possible Torre was just telling the truth, that it was his decision.

Your mileage may vary... ;)

Sandra

Of course, you don't actually think he makes a decision on something as sensitive as this without getting his boss right? Right?

I'm thinking this has more to do with these jersey changes being cleared with MLB ahead of time, while the Mets' request was made after MLB had decided how to commemorate 9/11 league wide. The impression I'm left with is that they did not want to give any one team a way to show respect that was not given to all the teams.

Great point of view.

Sandra

dangue said:
I'm thinking this has more to do with these jersey changes being cleared with MLB ahead of time, while the Mets' request was made after MLB had decided how to commemorate 9/11 league wide. The impression I'm left with is that they did not want to give any one team a way to show respect that was not given to all the teams.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And I totally understand that thinking...but being that NYC was the center point of where it happened, MLB could not make an exception to the rule once? I mean how many 10th anniversaries happen? Especially for something as life changing as this?

And I totally understand that thinking...but being that NYC was the center point of where it happened, MLB could not make an exception to the rule once? I mean how many 10th anniversaries happen? Especially for something as life changing as this?

I agree with so many of the other posters. It's not that important in the grand scheme. The event 10 years ago was certainly life-changing. Whether the Mets wear different hats during a baseball game is not.

Sandra

Exactly.... If you didn't care...then why should MLB?! Thank you for putting a stamp on it!

LOL Regan's head just went completely around, so it's officially full circle now!!!

Definitely agree it's time to stamp this as a matter of opinion, and move on...

Sandra

The Mets and/or Yankees organizations should have gotten with each other, the city, and MLB and agreed on some type of 10 year 9/11 commemoration patch this season. I was a little surprised they didn't.

mccoyrj said:
The Mets and/or Yankees organizations should have gotten with each other, the city, and MLB and agreed on some type of 10 year 9/11 commemoration patch this season. I was a little surprised they didn't.

Another good point...

I will not be convinced that Joe Torre is doing anything here but following orders.

If any more proof is needed, and it is not, that Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig is the least qualified person to hold an important job in North America today, business, government, academia, whatever.

It is time for him to go fishing or whatever and leave us alone. The next person will do a better job. Because there literally are almost 400M people who can.

SamCdbs said:
I will not be convinced that Joe Torre is doing anything here but following orders.

If any more proof is needed, and it is not, that Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig is the least qualified person to hold an important job in North America today, business, government, academia, whatever.

It is time for him to go fishing or whatever and leave us alone. The next person will do a better job. Because there literally are almost 400M people who can.

Thank you....

mccoyrj said:

Why just NY? Washington DC was hit also, now Shanksville doesn't have a pro team so I guess they don't count. The satguys app needs a smilies option so I can put a roll eyes one up.

New details coming out...the situation is not as cut and dried as you may want to think.

I will say that MLB has always done an excellent job with their uniforms honoring Negro Leagues, the Spanish population, and it's past. Somebody forgot to mention that.

Sandra

New details coming out...the situation is not as cut and dried as you may want to think.

I will say that MLB has always done an excellent job with their uniforms honoring Negro Leagues, the Spanish population, and it's past. Somebody forgot to mention that.

Sandra

LMAO! No one forgot to mention that because that is apples and oranges.

SandraC said:

Sandra

And this is typical...in the usual condescending way....but I will end THIS discussion with you on that note.

Selig angry Mets took Hat-Gate public!!!

Major League Baseball's commissioner called the Mets on Sunday night irate that the club had gone public that his office had prevented players from wearing the caps of Sept. 11 first responders for that night's game at Citi Field, the New York Post reported.

A Mets official told the newspaper that the commissioner said the team threw the league "under the bus."

"Selig got embarrassed by it," the official told the Post. "The game got moved into prime time (on ESPN) because of 9/11, and MLB ended up getting embarrassed."

Report -- Bud Selig angry New York Mets took hat flap public - ESPN New York

And this is typical...in the usual condescending way....but I will end THIS discussion with you on that note.

Next time just end it by not responding and having to have the last word in. Getting real tired of both of you do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts