MLB Network

And my other team, the Red Sox, are on ESPN for FOX at least thrice a week. :D

Or more when they have a series against the Yankees - and you have to figure with all of the free agent signings almost every game between the two will be nationally televised this year.

Those games seem to be like marathons... By the time I'm getting ready to go to bed, it has dragged along and is only the 5th inning. :) I have a wonderful job, though, so they understand it was only the Yankees and Red Sox that make me come in zapped of energy the next morning :up

For all of the continued 'explanations' of why channels are not carried by DISH in order to keep costs down, why is there virtually no price difference between the 2 satcos?

Because Charlie saves the money and conveniently "forgets" to pass the savings on to the subs.

And the lame excuse of lack of sub interest in the MBL channel is utter hogwash. You mean to tell me that there is more sub interest in the NHL channel than the MLB channel?

Dish carries several specific sport channels that I would argue have less sub interest than MLB including: the NHL, Golf and Tennis channels. I would argue that MLB is a close second to NFL and is way above the other sports listed above in sub interest.

Baseball is considered "America's pastime" and yet it is the only major sports channel not offered by Dish Network...

Because Charlie saves the money and conveniently "forgets" to pass the savings on to the subs.

And the lame excuse of lack of sub interest in the MBL channel is utter hogwash. You mean to tell me that there is more sub interest in the NHL channel than the MLB channel?

Dish carries several specific sport channels that I would argue have less sub interest than MLB including: the NHL, Golf and Tennis channels. I would argue that MLB is a close second to NFL and is way above the other sports listed above in sub interest.

Baseball is considered "America's pastime" and yet it is the only major sports channel not offered by Dish Network...

Who said there is a lack of sub interesting in MLB channel? If you're making reference to any of my commentary, lets be clear about it. I'm sure there is HUGE interest in the MLB channel...myself included. Its in MLB-EI that I would perceive a lack of interest amongst existing subs, but that assessment is not based on popularity. Its based on the assumption that anyone who is actively interested in MLB-EI has already made the effort and is currently seeing it via another provider. Its doubtful that there are very many E* subs pining away wishing they could spend their money on EI when in reality, its only a phone call away. I mean, I'm sure you may get a few bites from the existing subscriber base should it be offered, but enough to cost justify the expenditure of providing it? Probably not. Also, I can't really see anyone currently with D* switching for the same thing on E* unless they've gotten really PO'd at D* for some reason. And if thats the case, than good luck with E*! lol :D

Vampz, I dont agree with you fully, though your statements are MOSTLY true. Yes, many subs would go to D* for EI if thats what they really want, but there are SOME that prefer E* and want EI also. Those may be with D* only for that reason (same with ST ect). E* could get those subs back. On the surface, it appears that you are correct, but fact is, we dont know the minds of individual subs. They may swap back for one reason or another. EI, MAY be one of those reasons (MLB channel also, all else being equal)

I just wish they offered the option

Vampz, I dont agree with you fully, though your statements are MOSTLY true. Yes, many subs would go to D* for EI if thats what they really want, but there are SOME that prefer E* and want EI also. Those may be with D* only for that reason (same with ST ect). E* could get those subs back. On the surface, it appears that you are correct, but fact is, we dont know the minds of individual subs. They may swap back for one reason or another. EI, MAY be one of those reasons (MLB channel also, all else being equal)

I just wish they offered the option

If they are with D* just for 'that reason', than that is usually the 'only reason' they care about...

If I was with D*, I wouldn't switch right now...and I don't even care about EI. We can't read the minds of individual subs, but dang....what would even be a reason TOO switch? I can't think of any compelling reason what-so-ever for any D* sub to switch to E* if they are already getting the programming they want, EI or no EI. Lets face it, E* doesn't offer anything really mindblowing thats going to lure subs away from others...

He is failing. Direct and Dish are priced almost the same cost now.

With all of the "over priced" packages Direct has, at the end of the day there is barely a difference in the cost of the 2 services anymore.

What are these 2 comments based on? Is this only due to the increase that E* has announced or the increase that D* has not? I guess I don't understand a couple of comments that seem to be premature. Unless I missed D* announcement of their increase I don't see these statements reasonable. Maybe a link would suffice?

I'm one of those E* subs that just made the switch. and the overwhelming reason why I switched was the MLBEI and the MLB channel.

Been an E* subscriber for 10 years and had a 508 when I decided I wanted to go HD and be able to watch the Red Sox (out of market for me). I have nothing bad to say about my 10 years with E*, and if they offered MLBEI tomorrow - I'd make the switch back in a heartbeat.

I'm one of those E* subs that just made the switch. and the overwhelming reason why I switched was the MLBEI and the MLB channel.

Been an E* subscriber for 10 years and had a 508 when I decided I wanted to go HD and be able to watch the Red Sox (out of market for me). I have nothing bad to say about my 10 years with E*, and if they offered MLBEI tomorrow - I'd make the switch back in a heartbeat.

Thank you. I doubt you are alone. Maybe not the majority, I simply dont know that, I just would guess that there are many like you. Some that might switch for a variety of reasons, DVR, HD only package, ect, and some that wouldnt have switched to D* begin with were it not for packages E* doesnt offer.

Its all about options, IMHO. E* just wont offer some of them for whatever reason

What are these 2 comments based on? Is this only due to the increase that E* has announced or the increase that D* has not? I guess I don't understand a couple of comments that seem to be premature. Unless I missed D* announcement of their increase I don't see these statements reasonable. Maybe a link would suffice?

They are based on what is offered for comparable packages. The prices are pretty similiar at the end once fees are included. E* still has the HD only package that is a good deal, I think they are talking about apples to apples though. Not much price difference there at all

Really? Just for the MLB Network you made the switch? Don't get me wrong I am a MLB fan also(gotta watch my Houston Astros) but for someone that has been a subscriber for almost as long as E* has been a company I find it kind of odd that it is just for that one reason. I am also a NFL and NBA fan so I'm glad at least that I get to see some replays of old and new Dallas Cowboy and Packer games.

You should also remember, if I'm not mistaken, that whenever Big Ten Network first came out that almost the same thing happened with E* that is happening now with MLB Network but E* now has this channel too. I find it hard to believe that the E* would hold out forever on a channel that so many people are interested in but who knows, right?

Its all about options, IMHO. E* just wont offer some of them for whatever reason

Have you been listening?

they are to expensive...they cost too much...they were out bid, out priced, out sourced...whatever...but the bottom line is this (again):

E* cannot affort to shell out that kind of cabbage to offer sports packages that have little to know chance of yielding ANY kind of return on the investment for quite some time...

If E* were to offer EI tomorrow, who would be their sub base? What would they do to attract a sub base? How would they lure current EI customers from other providers convincing them that their EI offering was better?

Answer those questions, and you'll answer your own...

Really? Just for the MLB Network you made the switch? Don't get me wrong I am a MLB fan also(gotta watch my Houston Astros) but for someone that has been a subscriber for almost as long as E* has been a company I find it kind of odd that it is just for that one reason. I am also a NFL and NBA fan so I'm glad at least that I get to see some replays of old and new Dallas Cowboy and Packer games.

Not just for MLB Network -
a little more detail: I had 'moved' 3 years ago and was able to get NESN in SD and watch all of my beloved Red Sox games. The time has come for me to upgrade to HD and to the best of my knowledge, the HD spots seem more narrow in focus and I don't think I can 'move' and get NESN (and the Red Sox games) in HD.

Also, my kids are big baseball fans are were part of the decision to jump. MLBEI was more of the reason to jump than the MLB Network, but if I said the MLB Network wasn't a factor at all I'd be lieing.

ehren - LOL with the Nascar comment! Every joke has a bit of truth in it and that one strikes me as being so funny it's almost not at all :)

The worst part is that E* carries WGN-HD (D* doesn't) WHICH WILL 3-4X MORE BASEBALL THAN THE MLB CHANNEL. But most D* subs here will call it a worthless channel till d* carries it

The worst part is that E* carries WGN-HD (D* doesn't) WHICH WILL 3-4X MORE BASEBALL THAN THE MLB CHANNEL. But most D* subs here will call it a worthless channel till d* carries it
They will? Can you name DirecTV baseball fans who have called WGN a worthless channel? In fact, this is one of the most requested HD channels by Direct subs.

They will? Can you name DirecTV baseball fans who have called WGN a worthless channel? In fact, this is one of the most requested HD channels by Direct subs.

LMAO!

I like that, cherrypick a unique instance to refute an argument from Juan that remains true the other 95 percent of the time. :D

maybe he's confusing it with WFN:D

LMAO!

I like that, cherrypick a unique instance to refute an argument from Juan that remains true the other 95 percent of the time. :D

Sorry, but Juan is right...D* subs notorionsly label channels on E* 'worthless' that D* doesn't offer (without ever seeing them, even). These forum pages are littered all over the place with comments like that...

LMAO!

Care to address my point or his? First, Juan would somehow need to show that the same people that call WGN HD worthless would then change their opinion once D carries it. Second, 95% of the time?