MLB Play-By-Play SiriusXM Online?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
While listening to MLBNet on XM today I heard them talk about a new option for MLB. They said that MLB Play-By-Play is now available on SiriusXM online as well as through the radio. Anyone heard anything about this?

Cool. Now I can listen to the games without having my actual radio.

Oh...

I just realized that I could listen to them anyway since I have a MLB.TV account. :D How did I forget that?

The best thing about this is (according to the info page linked) Sirius subscribers, who have been shut out on the radio side from MLB games, will get the MLB play-by-play with their Internet Radio subscriptions also. :)

SiriusXM Becomes the Official Internet Radio Partner of MLB.com

SiriusXM signs multi-year deal with MLB Advanced Media to stream all Major League Baseball games on SiriusXM App and online

All SiriusXM subscribers will have access to live radio broadcasts of every MLB game on smartphones, mobile devices and online; Games will continue to air on XM satellite radios

Listeners get all regular season games, the All-Star Game and every Postseason game

NEW YORK – April 5, 2012 – Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced a multi-year agreement with MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to stream live radio broadcasts of every Major League Baseball game on smartphones, mobile devices and online for SiriusXM subscribers nationwide. With this agreement, SiriusXM becomes the Official Internet Radio Partner of MLB.com.

Available immediately, SiriusXM subscribers can listen to live broadcasts of every MLB game through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App and online at siriusxm.com. Listeners get all regular season games, the All-Star Game and every Postseason game. Spring Training games will be available starting next year. Select Spanish-language broadcasts are also available.

MLB games will continue to be available on satellite radios for XM subscribers. Listeners can find channel assignments for games at Major League Baseball - SiriusXM Radio.

“We’re thrilled to be able to deliver every MLB game to all of our SiriusXM subscribers,” said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “Throughout the sport’s history, fans have connected with America’s pastime through radio calls. With those broadcasts now available on SiriusXM Internet Radio, coupled with the satellite radio broadcasts on XM, SiriusXM subscribers across the country have the most extensive audio listening experience with which to follow any MLB team from their cars, homes or anywhere.”

“SiriusXM has been a valuable partner in connecting its subscribers with the tradition of baseball on the radio and this agreement adds an important distribution platform, alongside our own products including Gameday Audio and At Bat, for fans to enjoy listening to the radio broadcasts of Major League Baseball games via the Internet,” said Kenny Gersh, Senior Vice President, Business Development, MLBAM.

Visit 24/7 Pro Baseball Talk - Sports Talk & News - Sports - MLB Network Radio - SiriusXM Satellite Radio - SiriusXM Radio for more info.

Close, but no cigar for us. I'm up for renewal to Sirius Radio and rather sad about this. When I go up north (Near the NH-US/Canadian border) there is nothing -just moose and sat radio so this is not so good for me.

Fiachra said:
Close, but no cigar for us. I'm up for renewal to Sirius Radio and rather sad about this. When I go up north (Near the NH-US/Canadian border) there is nothing -just moose and sat radio so this is not so good for me.

Is it just me or are more channels becoming internet streaming only. Ie the george calin station and yoga music channel.

Why not switch to XM or get one of the new 2.0 radios?

DodgerKing said:
Why not switch to XM or get one of the new 2.0 radios?

I'll look into the 2.0s. For the time being I have asked not to renew. In early May my Sirius relationship will end. I had to let them go finally. I know I'll miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My radio just downloaded a bunch of Sports Events channels in the 200s. Maybe some joy is coming afterall.

you have older radio or newer? do you have sirius or xm or both? ty i have sirius ad older radio :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)