MLB POST SEASON 2010

This will all be settled on the field. If the Phillies blow them away three straight, you can make the argument that the Reds were not worthy. If the Reds beat the Phillies, all questions regarding their 'fraudness' will be answered.

It's like how everyone thought the Jets were a fraud last year, when they qualified for the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals 'let them win'. Then they won two road playoff games and proved they were no fraud.

Sandra

Not really on the base that division winners get to advance. It doesn't matter how bad their division is.

Take another example in the NFL.

Knowing what we know now, the winner of the NFC-West will be a fraud. Sure someone will advance to the playoffs, even if they have a .500 or below record just by default. That doesn't mean there are other teams around the league that are better than them that won't make the playoffs.
Yes, really. Does the Big East rep in a lowly bowl game have a chance to win the national title??

If you're now changing your argument to the NFL, well that's different. It's known that division winners and wildcards make the playoffs. Are you saying the rules should state that division winners with poor records should be out?? I say let their play on the field decide how far they go in the playoffs.

Someone from the Big East is going to make a Bowl game. Does that mean whoever comes out of that division isn't a fraud? Like the Reds, they beat up on lousy competition, but they lose against above average teams.

So what you are saying is that any wild card team that ends up winning the championship of the league is a fraud because they couldn't win the division???...:rolleyes:

and BTW, Cowherd has been on this Cincinnati bashing thing all season, it's an act that is getting really old. And he said the same thing a couple years ago about the Cavs, IIRC, so believe what you want...he is an idiot!!!...

But again, coming from Cleveland, I'm sure you know all about frauds!!!...;)

Jealous we have a professional team Cincy boy? ;)

Oh, btw. Nice game last week. How 'bout that Peyton Hillis! Go Browns!

Kinda, but I will stick to my favorite for now...You know....The World Champion Lakers!!!:D

Gee, for a Post Season MLB thread, not much being talked about ....
I thought there'd be a lot of talk about the games today , earlier and current ... guess not.

Last edited:
Gee, for a Post season MLB thread, not much being talked about ....
I thought there'd be a lot of talk about the games today , earlier and current ... guess not.

thats what I was saying earlier.. this is an MLB thread not NCAAF or NFL

Anyhow, Looks like Tampa Bay and Minnesota are done at 0-2

Atlanta @ San Fransisco next.. All thought here in L.A we don't get along with the Giants, I will be rooting for them for been in CALI.

pro96 said:
Atlanta @ San Fransisco next.. All thought here in L.A we don't get along with the Giants, I will be rooting for them for been in CALI.

A true Dodgers fan will never root for SF under any circumstance.

Unless it helps the Dodgers

Freak show rollin along 1-0

mlb_u_lincecum_b3_576.jpg

Pitching duel, just as I predicted. Good game, good pitched game, against the two worst offenses in all of the playoffs. The only run scoring after a missed call by the ump (Posey scored after he stole second, but was actually tagged well before he got to the base...Should have been called out).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)