MLB POST SEASON 2010

The Yankees and Rays both came into tonight with 93 wins (now they both have 94). The Red Sox have 87 wins with 6 games left (including tonight's game), therefore the most the Red Sox could win would be 93.
I just realize the mistake. I was looking at the all important loss column, where they are only 5 games back.

If the Giants make it, they will be the favored team. Their starting pitching in a short series can dominate any offense and is the best of all of the playoff teams.

I hate to say it, because I cannot stand the Giants.

I agree that the Giants will be a very tough out with their starting pitching, but IMO Halladay/Oswalt/Hamels is as good as the Giants rotation.

Is Zito their third guy, or Sanchez?
The way the rotation goes now, in order to alternate right-left-right-left, it goes:

Lincecum(R), Zito(L), Cain(R), Sanchez(L), Bumgarner(L)

In the playoffs, they may mix it up depending on who they face. If they face the Phils dominate left handed order, they may throw Lincecum and two lefties. If they face a predominately right handed order, they may start with Lincecum and Cain, followed by one lefty

Wow, good thing I was sitting down when I read this:

Major League Baseball and Fox are close to finalizing the earliest start time to a World Series game in 23 years. First pitch for World Series Game 3 this year, hosted by the American League champion, would be scheduled for approximately 6:55 p.m. Eastern time, according to baseball sources -- an hour earlier than Game 3 last season and more than 100 minutes earlier from as recently as 2007.

It would be the first World Series game to start before 7 p.m. ET since Game 3 of the 1987 World Series between St. Louis and Minnesota, which began at 3:04 p.m.

Game 3 could get earliest World Series start time in 23 years - MLB - SI.com

That means 3:55pm here on the west coast. I am assuming that game 3 will be on a Tuesday. Many here on the west coast will still be working or driving home from work. Being a teacher, I don't mind, as I would be home. My wife, a Giants fan (yes she like my enemy), would be pissed if the Giants were in the WS and couldn't watch this game because it started too early

The only time I had WS tickets was in 1972, when the A's and the Reds played. The A's were hosting on TWTh nights, but game one was rained out. I still remember Bowie Kuhn standing in a puddle near 1st base trying to decide if the game should be postponed. Because of the rainout, they had to play a day game on Friday and I couldn't go.

That means 3:55pm here on the west coast. I am assuming that game 3 will be on a Tuesday. Many here on the west coast will still be working or driving home from work. Being a teacher, I don't mind, as I would be home. My wife, a Giants fan (yes she like my enemy), would be pissed if the Giants were in the WS and couldn't watch this game because it started too early
Saturday, October 30. FOX would never make it that early for a weeknight...

Saturday, October 30. FOX would never make it that early for a weeknight...
Interesting. I thought game 1 and 2 were Saturday and Sunday, with game 3 being Tuesday. I guess it must start on a Wednesday?

I am assuming, without me actually looking it up:

Game 1 Wednesday
Game 2 Thursday
Game 3 Saturday
Game 4 Sunday
Game 5 Monday
Game 6 Wednesday
Game 7 Thursday

they switched it a couple years ago...use to be
1 Sat
2 Sun
3 Tues
4 Wed
5 Thur
6 Sat
7 Sun

now they go W,Th,Sa,Su,Mo,We,Th

oh good lord...some folks have WAY too much time on their hands

Busted! Reds reported after smoking victory cigars in clubhouse - Big League Stew - MLB  - Yahoo! Sports

Impressionable utes weren't the only ones watching when Cincinnati Reds owner Bob Castellini (right) passed out victory cigars and then lit up after his team clinched the NL Central title at Great American Ball Park on Tuesday.

Also watching at home on television were at least five whistle-blowers who noted that the Reds were violating Ohio's indoor-smoking ban. They called Cincinnati's health department to report the team and now the Cincinnati Enquirer reports the club is under investigation.

In case you're wondering, the answer is yes — I'm extremely sorry to report that there are people living among us who would actually do this.

ron santo dead at 70

World Series of Boxing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts