MLB POST SEASON 2010

Well thats ALMOST as bad .......

Whats wrong with the idea of giving home field advantage to the team with the BEST record .....
I bet Bud never thought of that :rolleyes:
I may sound like I am contradicting my previous post by what I am about to say, but hear me out.

It wont work because they are two totally different leagues playing two totally different schedules against totally different teams and with a different number of teams in each league. One cannot conclude that a team in one league with the best record is actually better than a team in another league with the best record in their respective league.

I may sound like I am contradicting my previous post by what I am about to say, but hear me out.

It wont work because they are two totally different leagues playing two totally different schedules against totally different teams and with a different number of teams in each league. One cannot conclude that a team in one league with the best record is actually better than a team in another league with the best record in their respective league.

Sure you can.

Which is a very stupid rule. If a team has the best record within their league, they should play the team with the worst record within their league, period. They earned it by playing better than everyone else against the same teams within their league.

well here is an interesting tidbit

If we go back to 04 through 09 in most cases the wild card had a better record than one or more division winners

04-NL WC had worst record...AL WC would have been the 2 seed (DAMN!)
05-NL WC had better record than NL West...AL WC would have been 4 seed
06-NL WC better record than NL Central...AL finished higher than AL West
07-NL WC would be 2 seed...AL WC finished tied with AL West
08-NL WC better than NL West...AL WC better than AL Central
09-NL WC better than NL Central...AL WC better than AL Central

In most cases the wild card finished higher than a division winner but the rules state they cant have home field advantage

If the Reds keep playing like they are now, they won't make it out of the Division series games.

well here is an interesting tidbit

If we go back to 04 through 09 in most cases the wild card had a better record than one or more division winners

04-NL WC had worst record...AL WC would have been the 2 seed (DAMN!)
05-NL WC had better record than NL West...AL WC would have been 4 seed
06-NL WC better record than NL Central...AL finished higher than AL West
07-NL WC would be 2 seed...AL WC finished tied with AL West
08-NL WC better than NL West...AL WC better than AL Central
09-NL WC better than NL Central...AL WC better than AL Central

In most cases the wild card finished higher than a division winner but the rules state they cant have home field advantage
Then the WC should get homefield advantage in these cases.

It is simple, the team with the best record in the league plays the team with the worst, regardless if they are a WC or not. The team with the better record gets homefield advantage, regardless if they are a WC or not

Then the WC should get homefield advantage in these cases.

It is simple, the team with the best record in the league plays the team with the worst, regardless if they are a WC or not. The team with the better record gets homefield advantage, regardless if they are a WC or not

OK .....
So if it's this easy, and it is ....

What can't Bud figure this out.

He'll Bud JUST decided that if the two teams are tied at the end of the year they should go by Head to Head records for HFA in that mini playoff.
They use to do a coin flip, even if one team wins more than the other during the year.

He'll Bud JUST decided that if the two teams are tied at the end of the year they should go by Head to Head records for HFA in that mini playoff.
They use to do a coin flip, even if one team wins more than the other during the year.

yeah that was stupid. So Team A & B finish tied and team B goes 12-6 against team A but because team A wont he coin toss they get HFA....yeah that was real smart :rolleyes:

yeah that was stupid. So Team A & B finish tied and team B goes 12-6 against team A but because team A wont he coin toss they get HFA....yeah that was real smart :rolleyes:

That happened last year or 2 with the Wh Sox getting HFA against the Tigers I think it was ... could have been the Twins, don't remember for sure.

It is looking more and more like both the Padres and Giants will be going. Yet again, another season in which the WC comes from the West. And they always predict the west to be one of the worst divisions

It is looking more and more like both the Padres and Giants will be going. Yet again, another season in which the WC comes from the West. And they always predict the west to be one of the worst divisions

Thats because the Cards didn't hold up thier half of the bargain. (this year)

Rangers are now the second team to clinch.

Interesting. The team with the best record of all division leaders clinched first and now the team with the worst record of all division leaders clinches second. Shows how bad the AL west is

Rangers are a good team.

Is it their fault the Mariners and Angels fell apart?
Never said they were bad. I said they are in a bad division and that they have the worst record of all division leaders

AL West is the worst division, is it not?
Rangers have the worst record of all division winners/leaders, do they not (at the time I posted they did. Now the Reds have the worst by 1/2 game)?

Phils just clinched

With that dominate shutout performance by Halladay, I think he may have clinched the Cy Young as well

I think Price will get it over in the American League :D
Wouldn't be interesting that both Cy Youngs could be given to the two pitchers that pitched the clinching game with a shutout (Price didn't technically pitch a shutout since he did not finish)?

Now we have the Rays, Twins, and Rangers officially in for the AL. With the Phils the only official team for the NL (Reds could clinch tonight)

Wouldn't be interesting that both Cy Youngs could be given to the two pitchers that pitched the clinching game with a shutout (Price didn't technically pitch a shutout since he did not finish)?

Now we have the Rays, Twins, and Rangers officially in for the AL. With the Phils the only official team for the NL (Reds could clinch tonight)

Yankees about to clinch........up 6-1 in the 9th.

Yankees in the postseason for the 15th time in the last 16 seasons!

Red Sox............................eliminated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)