MLB POST SEASON 2010

One series looks like it's pretty set: Twins vs. Rays (unless the Rays make up the 2.5 game deficit to the Yankees).

I think that will be a GREAT series! :up

How far can the Cincinnati Reds go? I think they are a serious darkhorse team.

I do too, and I think they can go far. There's no doubt that the Phillies are the prohibitive favorites in the NL, but the Reds have the look of a team that could surprise!

In the AL, I had the Rangers as my ultimate darkhorse during the first half of the year. Now I think they'll be lucky to steal a game from the Yankees.

Reds...mmmm...sorry. Truth is guys that the Cincinnati RedStockings seem to beat up on all the poorer teams in the leage and just have a terrible record against the better ones. Love the team they just aint ready yet.

Reds...mmmm...sorry. Truth is guys that the Cincinnati RedStockings seem to beat up on all the poorer teams in the leage and just have a terrible record against the better ones. Love the team they just aint ready yet.

Look at how close every game was they played against your team. They are ready.

I am hoping beyond hope that the Giants do not make it. Even though they will be one of the weaker teams, with their dominate pitching in the playoffs, they could actually bring SF their very first WS title ever

I am hoping beyond hope that the Giants do not make it. Even though they will be one of the weaker teams, with their dominate pitching in the playoffs, they could actually bring SF their very first WS title ever

I agree about the Giants. IMO, they are the wild card (in the truest sense of the word) if they get in. Lincecum/Cain/Sanchez/Zito could make them very difficult to beat in a short series.

If the Giants matchup with Philadelphia in the LDS, it will be interesting to see if the Phillies choose the short series or long series. That could be the one instance where the Phils choose the long series.

They came close in 02 against the Angels.. they were up 3-2 and lost the final 2 games. :eek:

Is this match up set , regardless of who get the "Presidents Cup" , sorry, Hockey's version of the best record !

pretty much

The WC winner cannot face the division winner from the same division...they would play the highest seed

So right now its
AL East
Twins
Rangers
WC

Unless the Rangers overtake the Twins in the records the Twins play the WC regardless if the Twins or the AL East leaser finishes in 1st...So barring a collapse by the Twins its
Twins vs WC
Rangers vs AL East winner

Twins want best record as they would host the 1st two rounds

pretty much

The WC winner cannot face the division winner from the same division...they would play the highest seed

So right now its
AL East
Twins
Rangers
WC

Unless the Rangers overtake the Twins in the records the Twins play the WC regardless if the Twins or the AL East leaser finishes in 1st...So barring a collapse by the Twins its
Twins vs WC
Rangers vs AL East winner

Twins want best record as they would host the 1st two rounds

That would be awesome to host WS games in your brand new park :up:up:up

yep
but technically using the old system they would have it this year anyways

AL had it the odd years
NL the evens

Well thats ALMOST as bad .......

Whats wrong with the idea of giving home field advantage to the team with the BEST record .....
I bet Bud never thought of that :rolleyes:

pretty much

The WC winner cannot face the division winner from the same division.
..they would play the highest seed
Which is a very stupid rule. If a team has the best record within their league, they should play the team with the worst record within their league, period. They earned it by playing better than everyone else against the same teams within their league.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)