MLB Postseason on FOX in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckudrna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Tempe, AZ
Now that the end of the season is fast approaching, it is time to wish for FOX to broadcast the games in HD.

After searching online for some time, I cannot find any mention of FOX doing any HD broadcasts for MLB games. I know they are planning on doing many national FOX HD broadcasts next season (in 720p).

1. Does anyone know if FOX has any plans to start HD broadcasts from local transmitters?

2. Will DirecTV offer a distant FOX HD channel at some point?

3. Why the hell is FOX not already doing MLB games in HD. They like to buy up all the games on saturday to broadcast them, but they do not do them in HD. I would rather have ESPN get the playoffs and WS and toss it up on ESPNHD. FOX is well behind in terms of MLB HD, let alone the broadcasters that are terrible (Joe Buck comes to mind).

I want my MLB HD!

So no Fox station is putting out HD content right now?

If not, then what kind of feed was I getting up here in Minneapolis on my OTA digital fox feed? It was incredible clear for the Redskins game last night.

I don't believe any fox stations are putting out HD right now. Fox has been broadcasting in digital 480i or p (not sure) sometimes in widescreen for a while but is not true HD yet. Many cities are going to begin in september

Fox has just gotten its splicers online at (most of) its stations and is still looking at Sept. 12th as the official HD start date.
There have been rumors, though, that the HD stream could be turned on as soon as Monday.
Though what programs Fox has ready to show in HD then is not clear.

I really do not know if some affiliates are putting out HD (720p or 1080i) right now. I remember a lot of talk about FOX "ED" (which i am told means enhanced definition but i think it refers to the inability for some male FOX employees to complete certain male duties).

In Phoenix right now FOX is certainly not HD for the MLB games. The digital OTA signal looks the same as the local FOX on DirecTV.

I hope they figure out that more and more people are buying HD sets every day and it is about time to broadcast in HD. Some of the locals around here, like CBS 5 i think states how they are the first station in Arizona to broadcast digital, and then on the national list of CBS affiliates broadcasting in digital, their is a little asterik next to this station saying they only broadcast in 480i. What a joke.

ckudrna said:
I really do not know if some affiliates are putting out HD (720p or 1080i) right now. I remember a lot of talk about FOX "ED" (which i am told means enhanced definition but i think it refers to the inability for some male FOX employees to complete certain male duties).

In Phoenix right now FOX is certainly not HD for the MLB games. The digital OTA signal looks the same as the local FOX on DirecTV.

I hope they figure out that more and more people are buying HD sets every day and it is about time to broadcast in HD. Some of the locals around here, like CBS 5 i think states how they are the first station in Arizona to broadcast digital, and then on the national list of CBS affiliates broadcasting in digital, their is a little asterik next to this station saying they only broadcast in 480i. What a joke.

Ckudrna,

None of the FOX affiliates are sending out HD, yet. The splicer system goes online Monday. FOX in PHX (KSAZ) has the splicer installed and is just waiting for FOX-HQ to flip the HD switch. For the record KPHO (CBS) has the best HD PQ in the valley. KPHO is the reference standard for HD in the valley. For a more localized discussion on HD feel free to join us over at the HDTV Society of AZ.

Link:

http://pc-dtv.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=...FERRER_URL=http://pc-dtv.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D* dish setup/installation help needed

HDTV Triple LNB Upgrade Installation Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)