MLB Spring Training Games

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's been awhile since I purchased Extra Innings, will I get all the Spring Training games on the RSNs?
If its like the last few years yes if you have the RSN sports package....If you buy extra innings through Direct no, last few years only regular season is when games start.

If its like the last few years yes if you have the RSN sports package....If you buy extra innings through Direct no, last few years only regular season is when games start.
What ?
Your contradicting yourself ...
Extra Innings IS the Directv baseball package, the OP asked if he purchased the Extra Innings package would he get the Spring Training games ...
You said Yes ... as long as you have the RSN ... then you said If you buy thru D* No .....
So which is it ?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
They are quite different!

MLB does not block any spring training games!....So if you have the RSN networks package($14)....and that local RSN is showing it...you get the game....

MLB season ticket doesnt show spring training games, and wont let you log in on line to watch those sprint training games...So MLB season ticket starts on opening day......MLB wont block you from watching a spring training game if its being shown....UNLIKE all other sports channels when a pro game is on, you dont get it, just becuse its on a RSN channel.

DirecTV sports pack should give you the spring games, but often DirecTV screws up and applies the blackout accidentally.

MLB.TV is included with Extra Innings, but generally they don't activate your login until a few days before the regular season starts.

I would recommend purchasing one month of MLB.TV in late February when the games start up (there isn't much televised the first few days) and forgoing the sports pack, will be about the same price and get more games. Many are aired on MLB Network (or via replay) so you'll have lots of options.

Reactions: MikeI
Are we talking about MLB AT BAT and Directv Extra Innings ?
Yes, those are different, but thats not what was posted from what I could tell.

From what I can tell, we have :
D* E.I. package
MLB At Bat and it looks like there an MLB.TV as well ?

I'm trying to make sense of all this as I am looking at going with one of the options but don't know all the ins and outs ...
I was trying to find this info in my thread in the Sports section.

Are we talking about MLB AT BAT and Directv Extra Innings ?
Yes, those are different, but thats not what was posted from what I could tell.

From what I can tell, we have :
D* E.I. package
MLB At Bat and it looks like there an MLB.TV as well ?

I'm trying to make sense of all this as I am looking at going with one of the options but don't know all the ins and outs ...
I was trying to find this info in my thread in the Sports section.

Direct TV extra innings gives you the opportunity to stream games when you log in your credentials Today's Streaming Baseball Game ......But they DO NOT let you log in till opening day ( or very close to).....So you miss 99.9% of all spring training games.

It's been awhile since I purchased Extra Innings, will I get all the Spring Training games on the RSNs?

Here's what I can tell you...

I do NOT have Extra Innings. I DO have the Sports Pack, which includes RSNs. I can watch most of the spring training games. Sometimes you can't watch the game if MLB Network if simulcasting it, sometimes you can. Sometimes you can't watch a re-air of a game if MLB Network is going to air it, sometimes you can. But if a game is blacked out in the out of market RSNs, it's usually on MLB Network. Extra Innings does not get you Spring Training, you need the Sports Pack to get the Spring Training games and you only get the games that are carried on the RSNs, not on locals or Canadian channels.

Reactions: AZ.
I think mlb.tv comes with EI? I just have mlb.tv now but I think I've read the 2 can be one package now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)