MLB Strike Zone to Launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
More baseball is GOOD! I just wish more games were available. I had MLB.tv last year (because DISH didn't have much available). Well, sort of had it. I paid for it and it didn't work. There were thousands of complaints on their forums, but you couldn't see that it didn't work for most platforms until you signed up and paid your money. That's when you were allowed into their forums and could see that everyone else was having the same problems you were! LG BluRay, Boxee, Roku and on and on... I had it for two months and never saw a single game! It took me that long fighting with them to get my money back. Fraud is what it was. They knew it wasn't working yet still advertised it and took peoples' money. Most people weren't as fortunate as I was and lost their money. The MLB.tv policy was no refunds after five days. I have no idea how it is this year, but I know I'll never take a chance with them again.

More baseball is GOOD! I just wish more games were available. I had MLB.tv last year (because DISH didn't have much available). Well, sort of had it. I paid for it and it didn't work. There were thousands of complaints on their forums, but you couldn't see that it didn't work for most platforms until you signed up and paid your money. That's when you were allowed into their forums and could see that everyone else was having the same problems you were! LG BluRay, Boxee, Roku and on and on... I had it for two months and never saw a single game! It took me that long fighting with them to get my money back. Fraud is what it was. They knew it wasn't working yet still advertised it and took peoples' money. Most people weren't as fortunate as I was and lost their money. The MLB.tv policy was no refunds after five days. I have no idea how it is this year, but I know I'll never take a chance with them again.

I don't know about last year but so far this year MLB.TV has been working great for me.

Works fairly well here, as well, with my ROKU after they got the bugs out in spring training games. I was a beta tester for them so know they worked on it. A PC laptop connected to a TV has worked fine for all 4 years I have used this - since Dish dropped EI. LG TV internet app has been flaky both this season and last, but they just sell their TVs and then do not update very often.

Actually, this is a better deal than EI . However, some people do not have the necessary bandwidth and get reloading problems and drop outs. Mine is supposed to be DSL 3.0 and the MLB app confirms about 2.6..

Agree MLB is a pain to deal with and will mislead you, and interesting they block you out of their forums. However, if you are a baseball fan out of market, on Dish, not a lot of options, except looks like MLB Network will be carrying a lot of games next two months.
Live Games on MLB Network | MLB Network: TV Schedule
Live Games on MLB Network | MLB Network: TV Schedule

As to strike zone, I could care less. Also after seeing the above not sure why people are saying MLB Network only carries games on Thursday. What am I missing?

Actually I do care as red zone raised the price of the Multi Sports package substantially and Dish will probable use strike zone to help do the same. My MSP annual premium has gone up about fifty percent the last few years, and since I renewed in Jan before the last two dollar monthly increase will almost surely go up again next Jan. We need a cheaper alternate MSP without red zone and strike zone, I prefer to watch actual games not just brief clips.

Actually I do care as red zone raised the price of the Multi Sports package substantially and Dish will probable use strike zone to help do the same. My MSP annual premium has gone up about fifty percent the last few years, and since I renewed in Jan before the last two dollar monthly increase will almost surely go up again next Jan. We need a cheaper alternate MSP without red zone and strike zone, I prefer to watch actual games not just brief clips.
"I prefer to watch actual games not just brief clips."

You won't watch complete games for $9. I understand you don't like NFLZ, I can tell you many Direct TV customers would LOVE to be able to get it and not have to get the expensive NFL package. When you say you would rather watch complete games, I understand, but you are comparing $9 for a lot of channels and sports, to hundreds of $ for the NFL package. And MSP has never been about watching complete Pro games. The package has evolved more than just adding NFLZ to make the price go up. NBA, NHL etc.. at one time were not included. Price has certainly gone up, but at $9 I get alot of use by watching the end of baseball games, other local sports around the country, and NFLZ. Probably will enjoy MLBZ and of course MLBN.

"I prefer to watch actual games not just brief clips."

You won't watch complete games for $9. I understand you don't like NFLZ, I can tell you many Direct TV customers would LOVE to be able to get it and not have to get the expensive NFL package. When you say you would rather watch complete games, I understand, but you are comparing $9 for a lot of channels and sports, to hundreds of $ for the NFL package. And MSP has never been about watching complete Pro games. The package has evolved more than just adding NFLZ to make the price go up. NBA, NHL etc.. at one time were not included. Price has certainly gone up, but at $9 I get alot of use by watching the end of baseball games, other local sports around the country, and NFLZ. Probably will enjoy MLBZ and of course MLBN.
football kinda lends itself cutting in and out..its a fast paced action oriented game..baseball is more of slow paced meandering game.. Who just wants to watch home runs and baserunners scoring? Its very hard to chop up a baseball game

football kinda lends itself cutting in and out..its a fast paced action oriented game..baseball is more of slow paced meandering game.. Who just wants to watch home runs and baserunners scoring? Its very hard to chop up a baseball game

I guess that's subjective. ESPN does that as "look-ins" and I have always enjoyed seeing a pivotal moment or play.
Do I really want to watch the Athletics and Kansas City Royals play a whole game? No thanks. Do I want to see a particular highlight(s) of the game, sure. BTW there is MLBN for whole games in the package.
How good or bad MLBZ is really isn't what was being addressed as I said that is very subjective. The poster was saying he wants to see whole games and complaining about the $9 cost, my point is you can do that, but certainly not for $9, it's comparing two totally different things. You want whole games, get MLBTV. Looking at the whole package $9 just doesn't seem out of line, especially with the often last inning or two of many games that can be seen.

I guess that's subjective. ESPN does that as "look-ins" and I have always enjoyed seeing a pivotal moment or play.
Do I really want to watch the Athletics and Kansas City Royals play a whole game? No thanks. Do I want to see a particular highlight(s) of the game, sure. BTW there is MLBN for whole games in the package.
How good or bad MLBZ is really isn't what was being addressed as I said that is very subjective. The poster was saying he wants to see whole games and complaining about the $9 cost, my point is you can do that, but certainly not for $9, it's comparing two totally different things. You want whole games, get MLBTV. Looking at the whole package $9 just doesn't seem out of line, especially with the often last inning or two of many games that can be seen.
I doubt they will show a inning or 2 more like a batter or 2

The MLB channels were free over the weekend so I decided to check them out. It was like watching paint dry. So I understand the need for a channel that cuts out all the dead time. And I thought football was bad...

I doubt they will show a inning or 2 more like a batter or 2

Have you ever had the package? I have on and off for years. Yes, they do show as many innings as goes past the allotted blackout time. I saw several innings of a 16 inning game just a few days ago. (Blue Jays) I saw the Dodgers for almost a whole game because of a rain delay in the past. The package was actually called (by posters) the poor man's EI package.

Unrealistic and incorrect comparison. According to DISH, I get MLBN, NFL, NBA, and NHL channels because I subscribe to Top 250 package. They do not concern the Multi Sports package. Their cost are reflected in the price increases in 250, but not MSP. The same for most others added in recent years to 250 like ESPNU and CBSSports. Red zone was not. I have subscribed to the MSP for may years to get college games and some others. Not worth it for pro games since they are almost always blacked out if out of market and 250 will carry most in market games. This is why I subscribe to MLBTV.com, certainly worth the difference for a BB fan, vs. a ninth inning in a few games if you have nothing better to do than check at 10:00pm or whenever to see if anything actually there.. As to the NFL, will have to continue to settle for NFL audio pass - or finally switch to Direct for the real thing. Thus, when Jan. renewal; comes around will have to think hard about renewing MSP again when last Feb. monthly price increase kicks in and gets added to the others.. Probably not worth it for what I get over and above what I get on 250 anyway. Even less so for those starting in Feb. with even further price increases likely coming.

AS to MLB strike zone, just does not seem logical to me - and just on a few nights?. Red zone might actually be interesting compared to that. However, lets wait and see.

Last edited:
Unrealistic and incorrect comparison. According to DISH, I get MLBN, NFL, NBA, and NHL channels because I subscribe to Top 250 package. They do not concern the Multi Sports package. Their cost are reflected in the price increases in 250, but not MSP. The same for most others added in recent years to 250 like ESPNU and CBSSports. Red zone was not. I have subscribed to the MSP for may years to get college games and some others. Not worth it for pro games since they are almost always blacked out if out of market and 250 will carry most in market games. This is why I subscribe to MLBTV.com, certainly worth the difference for a BB fan, vs. a ninth inning in a few games if you have nothing better to do than check at 10:00pm or whenever to see if anything actually there.. As to the NFL, will have to continue to settle for NFL audio pass - or finally switch to Direct for the real thing. Thus, when Jan. renewal; comes around will have to think hard about renewing MSP again when last Feb. monthly price increase kicks in and gets added to the others.. Probably not worth it for what I get over and above what I get on 250 anyway. Even less so for those starting in Feb. with even further price increases likely coming.

AS to MLB strike zone, just does not seem logical to me - and just on a few nights?. Red zone might actually be interesting compared to that. However, lets wait and see.

So as far as you are concerned everyone gets the TOP250 and all those channels in the sports package is already in all the other qualifying packages.... And once again, no it's not meant for the Pro teams games, never was, it would cost alot more than $9 if it were. You are talking about a $300 NFL package with Direct TV, or the cost of the MLBTV package in the same post about a $9 package of various sports. That comparison is what is "Unrealistic and incorrect." It may not be worth it to you, just like other channels may not be. That doesn't mean it isn't a good package if you know how to use it.

Last edited:
Have you ever had the package? I have on and off for years. Yes, they do show as many innings as goes past the allotted blackout time. I saw several innings of a 16 inning game just a few days ago. (Blue Jays) I saw the Dodgers for almost a whole game because of a rain delay in the past. The package was actually called (by posters) the poor man's EI package.
If you keep posting like this ..dish will be forced to fix it

If you keep posting like this ..dish will be forced to fix it
Ha. If Dish can't figure out how to extend PTAT when it runs over, how are they gonna figure out how to extend a blackout when a game runs over. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)