MLS is about to take over the NHL in average attendance

If the NHL had more seating (each stadium held more than 30,000 fans), then the average attendance my go up to 20,000 as there will be more games that are over the 20k mark that would normally be capped at 20k.

That makes no sense. They can't average 19,000 when the average stadium holds about 20-21 thousand....and if the stadium had more capacity, they would average MORE? They would STILL average approx. the 17,000 they average NOW.

The stadiums are preventing them from averaging more....they may try to look at the product that is preventing them from averaging more.

As opposed to the MLS, they are averaging more per year as the marketing of the product and the improvement of the talent gets better.

cosmo_kramer said:
Sure it does. Like I said before, what about the 12 teams that are at or above capacity? Their average would be higher if they could add seats....

And the other 18 that dont(or whatever it is that are not)..?? Also, you are assuming.... I can assume that IF the MLS was marketed better and had a better TV contract, they would better. But I am not speculating nor am I going to assume what could or could not be.

The point being is if they held more, then the average will go up because the range at which they calculate the mean will be greater. IOW, there will be more games with higher attendance figures than currently. The higher numbers will naturally increase the mean

Wow, a soccer thread that runs for 19 pages. Some feathers must have really got ruffled. I'd take the time to read them all, but life is too short to care about what soccer-haters think.

btharner said:
Wow, a soccer thread that runs for 19 pages. Some feathers must have really got ruffled. I'd take the time to read them all, but life is too short to care about what soccer-haters think.

Too bad, you should read it. Then you would see there's no soccer hating going on....

cosmo_kramer said:
Too bad, you should read it. Then you would see there's no soccer hating going on....

Also, not much talk about Soccor, mostly comparing attendance numbers.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

The point being is if they held more, then the average will go up because the range at which they calculate the mean will be greater. IOW, there will be more games with higher attendance figures than currently. The higher numbers will naturally increase the mean

No...your assuming it would go up. It is no different than assuming if a team gets a new stadium, your gonna assume(which is basic human nature to do) that you will automatically generate more fans to the new stadium.

Hold on for one minute, there is a professional soccer league in the United States? ;)

Are the players from this country or are they imported from other countries around the world that actually like playing that game? ;)

Damn, things that you learn by reading long threads about a league that will never measure up to the four big leagues in North America. :D

You are right that there might be some teams that would not draw any more fans if they had larger venues. however if ANY teams drew more even SOME of the time than the average attendance would go up. That is how averages work.

No...your assuming it would go up. It is no different than assuming if a team gets a new stadium, your gonna assume(which is basic human nature to do) that you will automatically generate more fans to the new stadium.

True. But history shows that attendance does go up in new stadiums, at least in the short term

We can also look statistics using models and probabilities of randomness to make conjectures about sellouts as well. The probability that a sold-out game will always sale exactly the max amount if no max/seating limit were placed on it is very unlikely. There will be many games that would have sold more than what the seating capacity allows and only a few that would sale exactly that amount

DodgerKing said:
True. But history shows that attendance does go up in new stadiums, at least in the short term

We can also look statistics using models and probabilities of randomness to make conjectures about sellouts as well. The probability that a sold-out game will always sale exactly the max amount if no max/seating limit were placed on it is very unlikely. There will be many games that would have sold more than what the seating capacity allows and only a few that would sale exactly that amount

yeah, most teams sell standing room only tickets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)