mobile 4g hotspot internet: dtv internet connection kit after deca install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhea

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
maryland
First, I must say I really respect install guys...I know very little about this stuff. But, i am learning. I had MRV installed and now my dtv does not recognize my wireless n gaming adapter. My installer hooked the adapter into the deca...still no go: I told him I read that an internet connection kit was needed ....he said the wireless-n was the kit. My internet is supplied by a 3/4 g mobile hot spot. could this be the issue? Everything else picks up on the internet, except the dtv?

DECA and ethernet direct into the DirecTV receiver can't be used at the same time.

Is this how they connected it?

No, he plugged the wireless-n gaming adapter into the deca switch. Can this adapter still be used now that deca has been installed ?

Because my internet is supplied through Sprint's 3g mobile hot spot, I don't use a router since it is built into the phone supplyieng the internet. Is this ok? It worked prior to deca install?

DECA and ethernet direct into the DirecTV receiver can't be used at the same time.

Is this how they connected it?

No, he connected the wireless-n gaming adapter into the deca. Is this correct or should the adapter not even be used?

You need to have your connection to the DECA internet adapter set as a bridge, once done you should have no problems after that, have had mine set up that way for the last several months and no problems at all.

Sorry, had a "few" beers after we put down USF earlier. As long as your adapter is capable of being run as a wireless bridge with stock firmware, you are good to go. If it doesn't, look into if it supports 3rd party firmware - dd-wrt, tomato, etc. Instructions for setting it up are numerous on the net. Let me know if you have any problems, will help if I can.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)