Mobile Enabled?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
Hey Scott,

Any chance you guys will ever have a mobile device friendly version of your site?

WLong said:
Hey Scott,

Any chance you guys will ever have a mobile device friendly version of your site?
We hope so. :)

Currently we are running a beta version of the Forum software so we have not wanted to modify the code too much until the official release comes out. That Official Release is due on Friday of this week.

After we upgrade to the new release version of the software you will see a bunch of new features, and hopefully not to far in the future we will have a WAP version of the site so you can view and reply using your mobile phone.

WLong said:
Hey Scott,

We hope to in the future. :)

We are currently using a beta version of our forum software, because of this we have not modifed much of the code, however the official release of the software is due out at the end of the week. After we have the official release version of the code running we will be going crazy adding all kinds of features to the site. :) I am hoping that soon we will have a WAP version of the forum available.

Stay tuned and thank you for the suggestion!

If you need help testing a mobile version, I have a Pocket PC running PPC 2002 I would be happy to test on. Just let me know the URL. :)

Bill

Well I have the Samsung i600 Smartphone. I would use it to post here, if the site was Mobile Device friendly.

I also have a LG 6000 phone. I also purchased the Datacable.

It is SO COOL driving down the highway listening to the broadband version of SatelliteGuys Radio on my laptop as I drive. :D

The Web Browser built into the 6000 sucks though.

Imagine reasing 1 thread with a 6000? How many times must you download the next page? :)

If it the site was mobile enabled, you would get blue links on a white background with no cutsie graphics. The threads would simple contains lines of text and seperator lines to depict the next post.

I use my phone to check my Exchange email at work via the IE on my i600 (over Outlook Mobile Access) and it rocks. A mobile friendly version of this site would totally be cool.

How hard would it be to implement?

Portion of the code needs to be modified to make this happen.

The good news is there are folks working on this, so hopefully we see something soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts