Mobile game app progress

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
As some of you know I've been doing some mobile application development. I had originally planned to start with a couple of easy apps to get a feel for things but I changed my mind. I'm currently working on a 3D game app. After a few weeks of beating my head against the wall I've got the basic world installed and a couple of animated objects working - the rest is going to be a lot easier.

The great thing is that it currently runs on the iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android phones and tablets. The look and feel is the same on all the devices.

It's starting to get fun...

Mario

I was going to ask for a progress report but since we haven't heard from you too much lately, I felt you were hard at it.

I'm not much into games but I'd be happy to buy your ipad version when you get it approved and ready to sell. It will be fun saying- "I know the developer."

I was going to ask for a progress report but since we haven't heard from you too much lately, I felt you were hard at it.

I'm not much into games but I'd be happy to buy your ipad version when you get it approved and ready to sell. It will be fun saying- "I know the developer."

You would be right. The devices are more difficult to program than some that I've worked with so I have been fighting the learning curve. Also, targeting two different platforms has added to the challenge.

In many ways it's like going back in time to when memory and processor power were more limited. You can't really do a lot of bloatware on any of these machines and expect to have a usable product. I'm enjoying it though.

What droid tablet are you using? Or is it just a test environment?

It's a test fixture based on the recommended design of the chip's manufacturer. It's not as sleek as the iPad but it doesn't try to be - it's for testing. It is a functional device with battery backup so I can carry it around and do my testing in a much more "normal" environment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts