MOCA was yellow on Joeys when installed but is now red...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did you have a chance to try out the Cat5 top port? What color is your little Broadband icon in the System Status menu, item b (Yellow - Green)?

Ahh hell slipped my mind again. I will definitely do it today.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Did you have a chance to try out the Cat5 top port? What color is your little Broadband icon in the System Status menu, item b (Yellow - Green)?

Ok did it. On the top port I got a yellow icon in system status, but green in broadband settings, three green OKs. On the bottom it's green on both menus along with the three green OKs. Bottom it is then! I've been using the bottom one since launch.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Ok did it. On the top port I got a yellow icon in system status, but green in broadband settings, three green OKs. On the bottom it's green on both menus along with the three green OKs. Bottom it is then! I've been using the bottom one since launch.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

OK, thanks for running the test. So in your System Status menu (YELLOW - GREEN), the Broadband icon (item b) stayed green and Status (item a) was yellow. Did you try it with Bridging enabled and disabled? I never got the yellow status (item a) with the Cat5 cable plugged in the top port. Sometimes my broadband (item b) would be yellow but after the Hopper was reset it turned red. I get the red Broadband in all four Hoppers with the Cat5 cable plugged in the top port, with Bridging enabled or disabled. Anyway, the bottom line is for sure, there is an issue with the Ethernet top port, bottom port works good. The Dish software team member told me after checking my Hopper numbers thru the internet that it is an indication problem only, the network connection is good. I guess it is some kinda software issue that you suggested before and the tech team is investigating.

OK, thanks for running the test. So in your System Status menu (YELLOW - GREEN), the Broadband icon (item b) stayed green and Status (item a) was yellow. Did you try it with Bridging enabled and disabled? I never got the yellow status (item a) with the Cat5 cable plugged in the top port. Sometimes my broadband (item b) would be yellow but after the Hopper was reset it turned red. I get the red Broadband in all four Hoppers with the Cat5 cable plugged in the top port, with Bridging enabled or disabled. Anyway, the bottom line is for sure, there is an issue with the Ethernet top port, bottom port works good. The Dish software team member told me after checking my Hopper numbers thru the internet that it is an indication problem only, the network connection is good. I guess it is some kinda software issue that you suggested before and the tech team is investigating.

In YELLOW GREEN with Ethernet Top item b would be yellow, but YELLOW BLUE SELECT was a green on everything. Didn't mess with bridging but I suspect it would be the same results. Didn't reset receiver either. Ethernet Bottom shows green across the board. Definitely seems like the indicator in System Status idn't working as intended with Ethernet Top.

In YELLOW GREEN with Ethernet Top item b would be yellow, but YELLOW BLUE SELECT was a green on everything. Didn't mess with bridging but I suspect it would be the same results. Didn't reset receiver either. Ethernet Bottom shows green across the board. Definitely seems like the indicator in System Status idn't working as intended with Ethernet Top.

OK, understand your test now. The little broadband icon in the Network Status menu (Yellow Green select) was never the issue. The little broadband icon item b in the System status menu (Yellow Green) is the issue I have. Anyway, Dish is troubleshooting the Ethernet Top port to see what is causing the red little broadband icon with the Ethernet cable plugged in the top port. It is an indication issue only, the Network is good. Is anyone else having the same issue?

MoCa issue fixed

Had same problems with constant red icons showing but connection working fine (along with other issues). Replaced 2 HWS & now after using bottom Ethernet & getting software updated on all boxes, have gone over a week with all green connections on everything. First time in several months I've had no problems with anything - fingers crossed it was a bad HWS & all continues to work as advertised - now if only the nightly update gets fixed!

Had same problems with constant red icons showing but connection working fine (along with other issues). Replaced 2 HWS & now after using bottom Ethernet & getting software updated on all boxes, have gone over a week with all green connections on everything. First time in several months I've had no problems with anything - fingers crossed it was a bad HWS & all continues to work as advertised - now if only the nightly update gets fixed!

Glad you hear you are all green now. When you were in the top Ethernet connection mode, did you have a green little broadband icon in the System Status menu item b (Yellow - Green)?

Only sometimes - more often than not it was red with a connection, tech had no idea what to do as I was also having Joey issues, wouldn't want to switch between hoppers. Actually nothing was wrong other than a defective HWS.

Only sometimes - more often than not it was red with a connection, tech had no idea what to do as I was also having Joey issues, wouldn't want to switch between hoppers. Actually nothing was wrong other than a defective HWS.

OK, thanks. That is the same thing a couple of us are getting when using the top Ethernet port. Dish is working on the issue. It is indication problem only, Network connection is good.

OK, thanks. That is the same thing a couple of us are getting when using the top Ethernet port. Dish is working on the issue. It is indication problem only, Network connection is good.

The little red broadband icon when connected to the Ethernet Top port with Cat5 cable issue is fixed now. I tested after S315 but forgot to post about it. Thanks to the DIRT folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts